Some Input Regarding Installation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am trying to install the PHLocation Plug-in. The documentation says "Copy the updater_override.txt file to the root HS3 folder". What is the HS3 folder? Is it the 'real' root, i.e. "C:\Program Files (x86)\HomeSeer HS3" on 64-bit systems and 'C:\Program Files\HomeSeer HS3' on 32-bit systems or is it where the websites are located which would be in the subdirctory 'html'. Please be specific.

Also what is "\HS3\Updates3\Zips"? Let's assume that based on the above we assume we are in directory "C:\Program Files (x86)\HomeSeer HS3". The path suggests that there is a subdirectory 'HS3'. However, it seems '\HS3' is referring to the installation directory, i.e. 'C:\Program Files (x86)\HomeSeer HS3'. So again please be more specific meaning spelling out the full path for both 32-bit and 64-bit systems or give a clearer relative path like [InstallationDirectoryOfHS3]/Updates3/Zips".

I haven't tried to plugin yet (but I am in the process of doing so). I appreciate the contribution but please consider the above 'challenges' which I think many new users will face.

Originally posted by mulu View Post
    I am trying to install the PHLocation Plug-in. The documentation says "Copy the updater_override.txt file to the root HS3 folder". What is the HS3 folder? Is it the 'real' root, i.e. "C:\Program Files (x86)\HomeSeer HS3" on 64-bit systems and 'C:\Program Files\HomeSeer HS3' on 32-bit systems or is it where the websites are located which would be in the subdirctory 'html'. Please be specific.

Also what is "\HS3\Updates3\Zips"? Let's assume that based on the above we assume we are in directory "C:\Program Files (x86)\HomeSeer HS3". The path suggests that there is a subdirectory 'HS3'. However, it seems '\HS3' is referring to the installation directory, i.e. 'C:\Program Files (x86)\HomeSeer HS3'. So again please be more specific meaning spelling out the full path for both 32-bit and 64-bit systems or give a clearer relative path like [InstallationDirectoryOfHS3]/Updates3/Zips".

I haven't tried to plugin yet (but I am in the process of doing so). I appreciate the contribution but please consider the above 'challenges' which I think many new users will face.

Yes, the override.txt file goes in your HS3 folder on your C Drive:
    C:\Program Files\HomeSeer HS3
    The zip file goes in the folder:
    C:\Program Files\HomeSeer HS3\Updates3\Zips

It should all be detailed in the help file that Paul provides.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    HS4 4.2.6.0 &HSTouch Designer 3.0.80
    Plugin's:
    BLBackup, BLOccupied, BLShutdown, EasyTrigger, Ecobee, Nest, AK Bond
    EnvisaLink DSC, PHLocation, Pushover, SONOS, Blue Iris, UltraRachio3,
    weatherXML, Jon00 Alexa Helper, Network Monitor, MyQ, Z-Wave

Comment

Working...
    X