Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[Feature Request] Tracking Log in vDevice - for Stops

@Sooty,
    You provided a lot of data we can use in vDevices, thank you.

I hope you will consider adding one more feature I think would help the community in many situations, including family security: tracking kids, wife, etc. and understanding travel patterns.

Create a "Log vDevice" to record a log of 'stops'

It would be nice to see (PC, imperihome, etc) a log of the locations/stops. It would only capture when someone stopped for a given period of time (user definable).

Thought on what's definable (with examples)...
    - Log only after at same location for X period of time: 10 minutes.
    - Log last X Number of locations: 15

Since we can define 'known places', the plugin could match to use the friendly-name in the vDevice when possible.

Below is an Example of what the vDevice would show.
    Log pattern is...
    Date & Time logged | Location & Time at Location (in minutes)

vDevice name: Kid Tracking Log

2017-10-18 06:24 | Home | 744
    2017-10-18 13:12 | School | 361
    2017-10-18 06:24 | <google map link> | 123

*map links provided when plugin does not have as a known location

This can be done easily with HS events and PHLocation.
    Originally posted by rprade
    There is no rhyme or reason to the anarchy a defective Z-Wave device can cause

Comment

There is also a very good history log for all users, both fence and location. The history log even has a hyperlink to generate a map service view of the location. You can configure an end date and time as well as the duration the report covers. You can configure how much history is stored - up to 1 year.

I couldn't even imagine what a Virtual Device would look like that contained 15 stops of location history.

If you really want to create your own report the data is in an Access database at \HomeSeer HS3\Data\PHLocation.

There are also potential plans for "breadcrumb" maps with configurable sample rates. You can currently generate one on demand, but the plan is to have them event generated. You can click on a marker to get detailed information.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	139.9 KB
ID:	1192738

These are fully dynamic maps that can be shown in street, satellite or hybrid. They can be zoomed and moved.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture1.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	130.7 KB
ID:	1192739
      Last edited by randy; October 18, 2017, 09:54 PM.
      HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.0 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

Guys,

Basically I'm asking for him to place a condensed log, into a vDevice so it can be used on a mobile app (like Imperihome) and quickly see where the kids are and with one touch of the screen, pull up a google map of the location.

It should be far easier for Sooty to leverage and extend the existing code (which already does 99% of what I'm asking for) to create the vDevice than for me to try to script this.

Plus, its a feature I'm sure MANY others will use and appreciate.

Originally posted by S-F View Post
        This can be done easily with HS events and PHLocation.
        IF it can be done, I cant imagine it be anywhere near 'easy'

Comment

I understand what you're looking for and I've added it to my list of things to look at.

Paul..

Comment

Originally posted by sooty View Post
            I understand what you're looking for and I've added it to my list of things to look at.

Paul..
            Thank you

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
            X