Schedules By Date

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Schedules By Date

The schedule feature is neat if you have something repeating every weekday at the same time. However, this is very limited as there are a lot of other scenarios including but not limited to:

* Create a schedule "vacation" which I can program weeks or months ahead of time. So I could say "vacation = 4/15/17 4:00pm to 4/23/17 7pm"
    * Create a schedule relative to the day of the month, e.g. "5th of the month from 6am to the 6th of the month to 8pm"
    * Program holidays/birthdays/etc. This similar to the first request to set a particular date/time months or years ahead.

Originally posted by mulu View Post
    The schedule feature is neat if you have something repeating every weekday at the same time. However, this is very limited as there are a lot of other scenarios including but not limited to:

* Create a schedule "vacation" which I can program weeks or months ahead of time. So I could say "vacation = 4/15/17 4:00pm to 4/23/17 7pm"
    * Create a schedule relative to the day of the month, e.g. "5th of the month from 6am to the 6th of the month to 8pm"
    * Program holidays/birthdays/etc. This similar to the first request to set a particular date/time months or years ahead.
    I have solved this by loading new weekly scheduled using "Set Schedule to another Schedule". We load a vacation schedule, different work schedules, non work schedules. For many scheduling events we have a master schedule to which we load a schedule based upon a change in occupancy, work, vacation, etc.
    HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.0 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

rprade, thanks for the response. I am not quite sure I understand what you are doing, though. It appears to me, that you are looking at the status (vacation, home, work1, work2, etc) and then activate either ScheduleVacation, ScheduleHome, ScheduleWork1, ScheduleWork2, etc. Is this correct?

Also where can you "Set Schedule to another Schedule"? Is this in the EasyTrigger, the HS events or somewhere else? I searched but didn't see anything like that. Also the master schedule and status is not quite clear to me. Can you maybe post some screenshots?

Comment

rprade, thanks for the response. I am not quite sure I understand what you are doing, though. It appears to me, that you are looking at the status (vacation, home, work1, work2, etc) and then activate either ScheduleVacation, ScheduleHome, ScheduleWork1, ScheduleWork2, etc. Is this correct?

Also where can you "Set Schedule to another Schedule"? Is this in the EasyTrigger, the HS events or somewhere else? I searched but didn't see anything like that. Also the master schedule and status is not quite clear to me. Can you maybe post some screenshots?
        It is an Easy Trigger Action. I keep global schedules for the events, then use Set a Schedule to Another Schedule for loading various schedules into the global schedule.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture1.PNG
Views:	1
Size:	52.2 KB
ID:	1190590

The schedule loading is done by manually triggered events called from master events that trigger on virtual devices being set or changed.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	30.8 KB
ID:	1190589
        HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.0 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

rprade, thanks again. I did find the "Set a Schedule to Another Schedule". I am not quite sure what it does as the documentation doesn't mention it. However, it appears that I can replace one schedule with another schedule when certain conditions are met. I am still not quite sure how this helps me for my scenarios outlined in the initial post. Actually, my situation is kind of similar to what Amigo said:

"Randy, could you explain how you have setup these global schedules? I can certainly use weekly scheduling of Spud's plugin, but when it comes to calendar date based scheduling I can not wrap my head around it. For example I want to define a schedule for Dec20-Jan1 for every year and call it vacation schedule, how do I do this with Spud's plugin?" Reference: https://forums.homeseer.com/printthr...2&pp=20&page=6

That's very similar to what I want to do. Note that I would have many of those scenarios and some of them will overlap. For instance I might have a schedule for holiday lights (Dec 6 to Jan 5, every year, 5pm to 11pm), a schedule for vacation (turn on certain lights randomly from sunset-2h to 11pm), show birthday reminder if today=birthday1, today=birthday2, today=birthday3, etc, on 24th of December each year do this, etc. Multiple of those schedules can overlap, i.e. they are independent.

Comment

I use BLGData to take care of all 3 of your scenarios. I have one even setup for when the kids are off of school.

Michael
            HS3Pro & HS4Pro on Win2012R2
            Aeotec, Cooper, Cree, GE/Jasco, Intermatic, LIFX, Fortrezz, OSRAM, RCS, Trane, Zooz
            BLBackup, BLGData, BLRussound, BLSpeech, HSTouch, InvisaLink, HSBuddy, IFTTT, JowiHue, NetCAM, PHLocation, Pushover 3P, Random, rnbWeather, UltraLighting3, weatherXML, ZigBee, Z-Wave

Comment

Jobee, thanks a lot for the reply. I think this plugin is very attractive for a lot of people. Personally, I prefer to keep things within one place (Homeseer) and not depend on outside services like Google. That's why I purchased the Spud EasyTrigger when it did go on sale. It turns out that was a bad investment as it doesn't do what I want to do.

So at this point and after watching the video I am interested in BLGDate despite it being somewhat expensive. Do you know if they have sales on this (like Spud plugins have right now). If so I will most likely get it (otherwise I have a lot of other project to work on...).

Comment

mulu, see my answer here: https://forums.homeseer.com/showthre...67#post1303067

Comment

Thank you! This is very helpful!

Comment

Working...
                  X