Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Troubles with Device has been in the range for exactly xx:xx:xx

Hi all,

I have a buggy aeotec dual switch module. It is happily reporting Power etc but not sending status changes when the momentary buttons are pushed.

While holding out for the new range of switches I thought I would put your trigger in to catch the following :

If the Heat Lamp Power has been in the range 1 to 1500 for exactly 10mins
    ANDIF the motion sensor has no motion
    then turn off heat lamp 1
    turn off heat lamp 2

The intent of course is to have the heat lamps turned off "after" the people leave the bathroom but in the above scenario as soon as the heat lamps come on, the 10min timer launches and the 10mins can elapse before the motion sensor shows the room empty and the heat lamps then remain on.

I realise I could do this as a pair of events and a virtual device .. but now its getting a bit ridiculous

So how hard would it be to program an additional option of "at least" .. or does that make the potential for memory leaks too big.

Thanks,
    Glen.

you should use a timer. if you search for motion lights on the forum, and set up your heat lamps like a motion light it will work right. they will run for 10 minutes, shut off after 10 minutes of no motion and reset time to 10 minutes on motion.

Comment

Originally posted by gdarby View Post
      So how hard would it be to program an additional option of "at least" .. or does that make the potential for memory leaks too big.
      I'm working on adding conditions like "device has been in range [x,Y] for at least..."

stay tuned

Comment

in version 3.0.0.34 available from the Beta section of the updater I have added 3 device's value conditions:
        This device's value has been in range [X,Y] for at least...
        This device's value has NOT been in range [X,Y] for at least...
        This device's value has NOT changed for at least...

Comment

Working...
        X