Tivo Bolts do no respond

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tivo Bolts do no respond

Been seeing these since I added some bolts. My Roamios and Minis are all fine, but my Bolts are generating errors.

"Warning Watchdog Timer indicates No response response from the TiVo DVR 'xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx' for 330 seconds.. Attempting to reconnect ..."

Any chance we can filter out Bolts or is there some other way of fixing this so they aren't constantly generating errors?
    My home is smarter than your honor roll student.

If you want to disable the Bolts, then navigate to PLUG-INS > UltraTivo3 > UltraTivo3 > Options > TiVo Devices, then find the Bolt, then set the TiVo Connection Type to Disabled, then restart the plug-in.

Regards,
    Ultrajones
    Plug-ins: UltraMon, UltraM1G, UltraCID, Ultra1Wire, UltraLog, UltraWeatherBug, UltraPioneerAVR, UltraGCIR

Comment

Will I still be able to control them if they're disabled? It's just the heartbeat that's failing, the control functions perfectly.

Comment

No, you won't be able to control them. I thought you were asking how to completely disable the Bolts.

The newer TiVo's have a reputation for causing issues with newer green Ethernet switches. How many times per day are you seeing the watchdog kick in?

Regards,
        Ultrajones
        Plug-ins: UltraMon, UltraM1G, UltraCID, Ultra1Wire, UltraLog, UltraWeatherBug, UltraPioneerAVR, UltraGCIR

Comment

Looks like each bolt fails approximately 276 times a day. (every 300-330 seconds)

Comment

Originally posted by Mr_Resistor View Post
            Looks like each bolt fails approximately 276 times a day. (every 300-330 seconds)
            Are your new Bolts connected to your network the same way as your existing TiVos?

Comment

Yup....one big flat network. 2 Bolt+, 1 RoamioPro, 6 Minis. Only the Bolts fail. Bolts are on same switches as Minis.
              Last edited by Mr_Resistor; September 17, 2017, 08:43 PM.

Comment

I just upgraded my Tivo 4 with a Bolt. I am seeing the same issue. I'll work on this tomorrow. Thank you for your continued patience while I work to resolve the issue you reported.

Regards,
                Ultrajones

Comment

TiVo bolt and new Unifi Wireless.....big goings on in the UltraJones house...congrats on all the upgrades....

Happy (bug) hunting. Great Plugins...totally worth being patient and waiting for them.

Comment

Please download UltraTivo3 HSPI version 3.0.6496.15709. It removes the requirement for the plug-in to see the old style TiVo broadcast packet as part of the Watchdog. Make sure you set the TiVo Platform to tcd/Series 6 in PLUG-INS > UltraTivo3 > UltraTivo3 > TiVo Devices.

Regards,
                    Ultrajones

Comment

Just updated and will give it a run and report back. Thanks again for the awesome support to go with your awesome plugins.

BTW...do you have any guidance on how to allow Alexa to change TiVo channels by voice command? I've had no luck. I've been twiddling with the Jon00 Alexa script, but not having much luck.
                      Last edited by Mr_Resistor; October 15, 2017, 11:41 AM.

Comment

24 Hours in and no false alarms. Solved.

Comment

Working...
                        X