www.homeseer.com    

Go Back   HomeSeer Message Board > Lighting & Primary Technology Plug-ins > Lighting & Primary Technology Discussion > UPB plugin by Spud (3P)

UPB plugin by Spud (3P) Spud UPB plugin discussions.

Old January 19th, 2016, 06:13 PM
Seer Deluxe

UPB Plug-In Request

Hi Spud,

I am a HAI/Leviton OmniPro user and have been using your UPB Plug-In primarily due to lack of support via the HAI HS3 Plug-In. As of the last few days, Rob has updated the HAI HS3 Plug-In to utilize the Unit Control so I can use my HAI Controller to control HAI UPB Devices that use HLC and also 3rd Party UPB Devices. That said, the HAI/Leviton control of UPB Devices is limited to basic functions and is not nearly as comprehensive as your Plug-In. I would like to continue to use the HAI HLC Protocol for their devices and your Plug-In for devices using native UPB. The issue is this that the common location for config is UpStart. The HAI Plug-In has individual Device add/delete functionality after importing from the HAI Controller. This allows me to exclude the UPB Devices so that HAI will not create them in HS3. Since my UpStart File includes both HAI UPB/HLC and 3rd Party UPB Devices, my import for your Plug-In includes the HAI HLC devices. I don't want the Plug-In to add the devices when the Plug-In starts, nor do I want to use a custom UpStart File for import or have to disable the import. I would like to see if it's possible to add an advanced tab to the Plug-In so I can choose which of the imported file devices are enabled in HS3 via the Plug-In. Might this be possible?

Thanks,

-Travis
Old January 21st, 2016, 05:44 PM

I understand the problem, but can't you just hide the devices you don't want to use?
I can see if there is an easy way to implement this, but honestly it is not high on my TODO list.
Old May 5th, 2016, 12:30 AM
Seer Deluxe

Hi Spud,

The solution I came up for the time being for this issue for me is that I created two different UPB Networks. This allowed me to keep the HAI HLC Devices separate from the Native UPB Devices and clean up the UpStart Export. With that said, could I ask for implementation of the following to be added in a future build soon?

1) Selection of a specific UPB Network ID associated with the Plug-In.

or

2) Filtering or Class change of the Error for when another UPB Network message is received.

The reason I ask is because my logs are filling with the following messages due to the nature of the PIM being able to hear the HAI HLC UPB Network talking on the same power lines:

May-04 9:25:10 PM UPBSpud ERROR UPB_RCVR:: Recieved message from/for network #1 which is not a known network -- message ignored
May-04 9:25:09 PM UPBSpud ERROR UPB_RCVR:: Recieved message from/for network #1 which is not a known network -- message ignored
May-04 9:25:08 PM UPBSpud ERROR UPB_RCVR:: Recieved message from/for network #1 which is not a known network -- message ignored
May-04 9:24:51 PM UPBSpud ERROR UPB_RCVR:: Recieved message from/for network #1 which is not a known network -- message ignored
May-04 9:24:50 PM UPBSpud ERROR UPB_RCVR:: Recieved message from/for network #1 which is not a known network -- message ignored
May-04 9:24:48 PM UPBSpud ERROR UPB_RCVR:: Recieved message from/for network #1 which is not a known network -- message ignored
May-04 9:24:48 PM UPBSpud ERROR UPB_RCVR:: Recieved message from/for network #1 which is not a known network -- message ignored
May-04 9:24:46 PM UPBSpud ERROR UPB_RCVR:: Recieved message from/for network #1 which is not a known network -- message ignored
May-04 9:24:46 PM UPBSpud ERROR UPB_RCVR:: Recieved message from/for network #1 which is not a known network -- message ignored
May-04 9:24:44 PM UPBSpud ERROR UPB_RCVR:: Recieved message from/for network #1 which is not a known network -- message ignored

Thanks for your consideration,

-Travis
Old May 5th, 2016, 09:50 AM

I will put this message at the Debug level, since it's not really an error anyway.