www.homeseer.com    

Go Back   HomeSeer Message Board > Security Systems Plug-ins > Security System Discussion > Concord 4 Security Panel Plug-in (3P)

Concord 4 Security Panel Plug-in (3P) Discussions related to the third party GE Concord security panel plugin.

Old September 14th, 2016, 01:03 PM
Seer Deluxe

Yes it's Windows XP. Not ideal but I haven't used Windows since XP was discontinued.

I downloaded a trial version of HS3 and the Windows version seemed the obvious choice. I'd prefer to use the Linux version if I knew it would run with the GE Concord plugin. I'd settle for a full desktop version on the Raspberry OI using Raspbian or if a Raspberry PI image with HS3 and the GE Concord plug in included would be heaven.

In the meantime I'll download the Version 7 exe file and give it a go.

Thanks again for your time.
Old September 14th, 2016, 01:28 PM
Seer Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by concordseer View Post
Yes it's Windows XP. Not ideal but I haven't used Windows since XP was discontinued.

I downloaded a trial version of HS3 and the Windows version seemed the obvious choice. I'd prefer to use the Linux version if I knew it would run with the GE Concord plugin. I'd settle for a full desktop version on the Raspberry OI using Raspbian or if a Raspberry PI image with HS3 and the GE Concord plug in included would be heaven.

In the meantime I'll download the Version 7 exe file and give it a go.

Thanks again for your time.
The Concord plugin supports Linux.

Z
Old September 14th, 2016, 02:44 PM
Seer Deluxe

That's great news. Any particular flavour favoured. Obviously Mono is the engine behind the Linux version as .Net Framework is behind Windows. I'll download the Linux version and see what progress I can make before I have to spend €249 on the registered version.
Old September 15th, 2016, 11:52 AM
Seer Deluxe

Ok I downloaded the EXE file for Version 7 copied it into the HS3 directory which overwrote the old one. I then edited the INI file as per instruction and saved it. Virtual keypad working fine and all the arm/disarm options are perfect.

Thanks to you both for all your help. Just need to get the Linux version up and running before my trial version in Windows runs out.
Old January 9th, 2017, 01:58 PM
Viewer

Quote:
Originally Posted by vasrc View Post
The Concord plugin supports Linux.

Z
Is there a time frame for the release of this version 7 for Linux (ztroller)? I'm having exactly the same issue after the upgrade. Both virtual keyboard and panel ask for User Code. [I'm not using quick arm]. I don't see the User Code being sent as part of the debugging log, but Quick Arm user appears to have an entry in the User setup. Or if there is a way to downgrade to previous version?

Thanks much!
Old January 9th, 2017, 05:54 PM
Seer Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manny View Post
Is there a time frame for the release of this version 7 for Linux (ztroller)? I'm having exactly the same issue after the upgrade. Both virtual keyboard and panel ask for User Code. [I'm not using quick arm]. I don't see the User Code being sent as part of the debugging log, but Quick Arm user appears to have an entry in the User setup. Or if there is a way to downgrade to previous version?

Thanks much!
Which version do you have?

Drop me a PM with your email and I'll point you at the latest EXE. The reason it's not published is it requires a manual update of the Concord config file, and the number of users that need this "fix" is small, so it's less painful to do it manually at this point

Z
Old January 18th, 2017, 07:43 AM
Seer Deluxe

I have the latest version of the Concord plugin on HS3 running under Raspbian Jessie on a headless Raspberry Pi3. Everything is running fine.
Old January 23rd, 2017, 08:01 PM
Viewer

Quote:
Originally Posted by concordseer View Post
I have the latest version of the Concord plugin on HS3 running under Raspbian Jessie on a headless Raspberry Pi3. Everything is running fine.
I am trying to accomplish exactly this. How are you connecting the AM and RPi? Serial to USB? Shield? Gpio? Would really appreciate your knowledge. I've read a lot just want to replicate a working solution before I jump in.