Converting Omni to Homeseer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Converting Omni to Homeseer

15 years running HAI and now considering Homeseer to run legacy gear and the world of IoT devices. I have used OpenHab and loved it on a PI3 with some success but too difficult for me to configure.

Can someone let me know what all I would need to convert my system to HS? I have about 40 UPB switches, four room controllers, 350 lines of code, two newer thermostats, 3 ER temp sensors, and 1 relay set. I do have the newer OP2 panel. Old style consoles. 1 older LCD touchpad. Lots of apple stuff as well. Hot water heat with two zones.

Possible Plugins: Denon, Weather, but I could use some help here. Would you recommend other plugins. I have a Geovision DVR as well that would be nice to tie in.

The web sight and cool gear are somewhat over whelming for the un-initiated. They list the HAI stuff under Security but does that plugin do all the HAI gear? Not sure if my setup would run on a PI or not. For those of you long HAI users could you assist me with your experience? What's the right setup for my home configuration.

Thanks
    Oakguy

Hi Oakguy
    I've been running on a Pi2 for a LONG time now and it runs fine. I do have plans to upgrade to a Pi3, just not enough hours in the day

The OMNI plugin will control your devices just fine from HS. It will also support your zones and thermostats. You'll be able to use Alexa with HS to control devices if you wish.

The good news is that the plugin will find and convert your 40 UPB switches into HS and you can trial both HS and the plugin for 30d to see if it works for you.
    HS4Pro on a Raspberry Pi4
    54 Z-Wave Nodes / 21 Zigbee Devices / 108 Events / 767 Devices
    Plugins: Z-Wave / Zigbee Plus / EasyTrigger / AK Weather / OMNI

HSTouch Clients: 1 Android

Comment

Thank you very much! I actually use a Banana Pi with built in ssd support with 128GB SSD. I appreciate your input and will download the thirty day trial and take it out for a spin.

Comment

The Homeseer Zee + the HAI (soon to be called Omni) plugin has been great for me. I don't think I've touched a light, fan switch, or thermostat since I started using it. Plus, you can create complex macros (buttons) on the HAI panel and execute them with Alexa. I have one called "Alexa turn on Watch TV." It sets my lighting, turns on the TV, and A/V system. I use an old Ocelot serial controlled IR transmitter to turn on the components. I also have an automation button called "Goodnight" which performs various functions at bed time. I just say "Alexa turn on Goodnight."

Comment

Working...
        X