www.homeseer.com    

Go Back   HomeSeer Message Board > Security Systems Plug-ins > Security System Discussion > Concord 4 Security Panel Plug-in (3P)

Concord 4 Security Panel Plug-in (3P) Discussions related to the third party GE Concord security panel plugin.

Old July 10th, 2017, 01:23 PM
Seer

Getting time to sync

Hi all:

I am running a Concord panel in a house I bought last year. Have the AM board installed and working, StarTech RS232-IP adapter installed and everything is talking to the Concord plugin. The specifics reported by the plugin about the panel are below.

Panel Model:*
Concord 4
Hardware Revision:*
0501* *
Software Revision:*
1666* *

Until recently I was having an issue where the PI would not reconnect to the panel and I'd get the infamous warning messages. I think it was usually after Windows did an update, ... Eventually I reinstalled the PI, got rid of the previous database for the PI, ... Once reinstalled and set up the PI reconnects every time. I think the DB was corrupted in some way that it would reset back to using a COM port but the field was empty for the specific port. Now it stays set to using the network with no COM port used.

The one issue I have is that it won't resync the time between the HS PC and the panel. I hit the button to resync and I hear messages from the system like "lights on" and "lights off". Seems like it is not sending quite the right sequence and the panel is misinterpreting the commands.

Not a huge issue for me as all seems to be working otherwise but one of those "why doesn't it just work" things that bug me.

Any ideas?

Also, I am running HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.318 on Win 10 Pro if that is useful. Concord PI version is 3.1.13.7.

-XM
Old July 26th, 2017, 11:23 AM
Seer Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by XboxMeister View Post
Hi all:

I am running a Concord panel in a house I bought last year. Have the AM board installed and working, StarTech RS232-IP adapter installed and everything is talking to the Concord plugin. The specifics reported by the plugin about the panel are below.

Panel Model:*
Concord 4
Hardware Revision:*
0501* *
Software Revision:*
1666* *

Until recently I was having an issue where the PI would not reconnect to the panel and I'd get the infamous warning messages. I think it was usually after Windows did an update, ... Eventually I reinstalled the PI, got rid of the previous database for the PI, ... Once reinstalled and set up the PI reconnects every time. I think the DB was corrupted in some way that it would reset back to using a COM port but the field was empty for the specific port. Now it stays set to using the network with no COM port used.

The one issue I have is that it won't resync the time between the HS PC and the panel. I hit the button to resync and I hear messages from the system like "lights on" and "lights off". Seems like it is not sending quite the right sequence and the panel is misinterpreting the commands.

Not a huge issue for me as all seems to be working otherwise but one of those "why doesn't it just work" things that bug me.

Any ideas?

Also, I am running HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.318 on Win 10 Pro if that is useful. Concord PI version is 3.1.13.7.

-XM
I'm assuming you're not syncing up when you first turn the plugin on so the Resync button is displayed (it's only shown if the times disagree).

If you go to the Plugins->Concord->Configuration->Advanced Configuration
Do you have the Enable Relay box checked? If so, uncheck it it's not supported, and try it again.
Make sure to temporarily check off Debug-> Headers and make sure you see "setPanelClock()" was logged when you click on Resync.

Also, what are the times it's displaying? Is the Panel and your HS3 box set to the same time??

Z