UDOOX86 Arduino 101 Connection Problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

UDOOX86 Arduino 101 Connection Problem

Are you trying to connect via USB or ethernet ?
    HS 2.2.0.11

Comment

It is USB connection, as both Intel x86 computer and Arduino 101 are at same physical motherboard, but communication between computer and Arduino is same as with an external Arduino board, with a USB serial driver installed and COM port assigned.

I am not sure if problem is this kind of special COM configuration (but it shouldn't as Arduino IDE works fine) or Arduino 101 board (Intel Curie) not supported by the plugin.

Comment

Very interesting board...So as you said the compile and upload works however HS3 plugin wont connect to the board...

Nothing really comes to mind considering the Arduino IDE can connect to the board and load up the compiled code.

This one will probably be for Greig....
        HS 2.2.0.11

Comment

Thank you. Hope some solution arrives, as the board is very interesting, having a PC and Arduino together (in a board a little bigger than a Raspberry Pi).

Either way, not big problem as I have another 4 Arduinos running for home automation with the plugin and maybe I could use this as standalone for other purposes, but integration with plugin in API mode would be excellent.

Comment

What is the use case in which this board is best suited?

Comment

I am changing my HS3 setup from a Shuttle slimPC to this board mainly for power consumption and heat dissipation when running Windows. Also much smaller size is good for my particular setup. Having an Arduino in the same board could make sense for some I/O use in case of network failure for example. I am still testing the new system (just had HS3 running some days ago), so not sure yet about definitive use of the Arduino part.

Comment

Working...
              X