No announcement yet.

Icons for HSM200 Status Lights

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I recently moved into a new house, and nuked / rebuilt my HS3 setup from scratch. I have 4 HSM200's, all with firmware 1.8 installed.

3 report "No Motion" when there's no motion
    1 reports "No Event" when there's no motion

This isn't really affecting anything, I'm just curious if anyone can point me in the right direction to better understand the difference / what might be causing it.

Thanks,
    Last edited by RockLobster; March 28, 2016, 05:30 PM.

Comment

I have an WS-100+ light switch associated with a HSM200 PIR. When the motion sensor trips the light is turning on but unless I set a poll on the switch its on/off status isn't being reflected in homeseer. It seems like I must be doing something wrong in my configuration. Any advice would be appreciated.

My HSM200 associations:

Comment

• randy
        randy commented
        Editing a comment
        Originally posted by Kerat View Post
        So, if this disconnect occurs when you manually turn the switch on or off, the way I understand it, instant status is a patent guarded technology. To circumvent this some zwave switches are designed to send out a zwave signal to associate with network when they are pressed. Homeseer is designed to see this and send out a poll, effectively giving it what appears to be instant status. The only stipulation to this is that in a mesh zwave network, the network association transmission only works for first hop transmissions. If the first hop from the switch in question is not the root zwave transceiver/controller, this does not work.

If this is the case you would not see device 1 as the in the last working route field (plugins-zwave-node information). To resolve, you could statically set node 1 in the set route field. Alternatively, It is always worthwhile to do a full zwave network scan and then a full optimize.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
        The device the OP was referring to is a HomeSeer HS-WS100+ switch, which does support true instant status, over any number of hops. The patent on instant status is no longer in effect.

The problem is that when you control a Z-Wave device by direct association with another device rather than through a HomeSeer event, HomeSeer doesn't get an update report from the controlled device, even if it supports instant status. There may be some exceptions, but none of the true instant status devices in my network will report if controlled by direct association with another device. They will with local control and (logically) with HS control.

The solution is to control the second device through an event rather than direct association.

• mattgam
        mattgam commented
        Editing a comment
        I guess its just counter-intuitive that the update wouldn't register. You would expect that when the association fires the WS-100's instant status would detect the change and notify homeseer just like a button press. I added a 1 min poll for now to deal with it

• Kerat
        Kerat commented
        Editing a comment
        Thank you for clarifying that.

Instant Status not updating when turned on by HSM200

So, if this disconnect occurs when you manually turn the switch on or off, the way I understand it, instant status is a patent guarded technology. To circumvent this some zwave switches are designed to send out a zwave signal to associate with network when they are pressed. Homeseer is designed to see this and send out a poll, effectively giving it what appears to be instant status. The only stipulation to this is that in a mesh zwave network, the network association transmission only works for first hop transmissions. If the first hop from the switch in question is not the root zwave transceiver/controller, this does not work.

If this is the case you would not see device 1 as the in the last working route field (plugins-zwave-node information). To resolve, you could statically set node 1 in the set route field. Alternatively, It is always worthwhile to do a full zwave network scan and then a full optimize.

Comment

Hot off the presses:
        https://youtu.be/stLntrTIfVE
        💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

• macromark
          macromark commented
          Editing a comment
          Originally posted by ckellyusa View Post
          Great video demonstration, thank you!

What are you using as the light bulbs on top?
          Those are little 7.5 watt bulbs from Lowes.

• sonypoolplr
          sonypoolplr commented
          Editing a comment
          Does the HSM200 have to be plugged into an outlet like that? Is that the correct orientation for the unit?

• macromark
          macromark commented
          Editing a comment
          Originally posted by sonypoolplr View Post
          Does the HSM200 have to be plugged into an outlet like that? Is that the correct orientation for the unit?
          It has a non-polarized plug, so you can mount it either way you want.

Companion to yesterday's video:

https://youtu.be/oUIOihOUceY
        💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

I have finally entered into the world of z-wave. Yeah !!!! I successfully installed the homeseer z-wave controller and successfully added the Homeseer Z-wave Multisensor device.
          When I first installed the multisensor device the motion sensor appeared to be working. Now it is not. Seems to have quit working. Not sure why? The colors change correctly and the temperature and light level shows (percentage). I did notice that if the colored led is on white the light level is at 100%. Light sensor must be close to leds as I would expect. To get a correct level of the light in a room one would need to make sure the led/s are off.
          When I go to the device status page the colors report properly but no temperature reading, light level reading or motion status. I can click on the icons, right click on them and nothing. Color status changes correctly. In the device management screen it does show these values but not on status page.
          I guess the two main issues are that motion sensor seems to have quit working and no temp or light levels on device status page.
          When I do a poll of the node at the top it states the following: Node 2 Z-Wave Homeseer Tech Notification Sensor Node 2 Root Sensor Status is:0.
          Node 2 Z-Wave Motion Sensor Status is:0
          The temp and light levels show actual values.
          Any help on these matters is much appreciated..Rick

Comment

• ETI2K
            ETI2K commented
            Editing a comment
            I think I've found a way around the same set of problems you are experiencing.
            Way back in the day when dealing with certain electronic systems, watch dog timers were used (probably still are). If the timer wasn't continually reset by an "event", the circuit would behave in some prescribed fashion. We used an expression to reset the timer: "Kick the dog".
            So i created an event to send a command to the HSM200 to change the color to white every 15 seconds (time to be adjusted later), which is essentially keeping the darn thing awake. So far for two days, it has reported reliably, especially motion!
            Hope it helps.

Originally posted by VirtualPanther View Post
          Hey guys!,
          I resorted to posting here because (a) nobody seems to be able to solve this issue in two different threads in forum that I chimed in; and (b) I want to stay to my promise of "placing my money where my mouth is" and support HomeSeer financially by purchasing many more of these.

You do have them on sale but I can not buy more. They read temperature incorrectly. Every one of them I have. In any location in the house. Here is a thread on that,started back in December: http://forums.homeseer.com/showthread.php?p=1159204

Also, there is a thread on configuration parameters, to guide people on how to add corrective parameter to normalize the temperature readings:

http://forums.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=171561

I tried it. It doesn't work. I left several posts about that. No replies. No worries. I can cut my losses, RMA all of my sensors as defective,and move to something else, like Everspring. Not a plug-in, but dead-on with readings and batteries last forever.

I don't want to do that. I like HSM200 form factor and AC power supply design. I want to use them. It's a new product and should have better support and bug fixing.
          VirtualPanther, did you ever find a solution to the temp reading always being off?

Comment

Originally posted by dleroy View Post

VirtualPanther, did you ever find a solution to the temp reading always being off?
            I am afraid, the answer is a solid and resounding NO. It is now 2018 and quite a lot of water under the bridge sing these little sensors were introduced. i have been utterly disappointed by them, as well as by other HS hardware. Learned my lesson, the hard and extremely expensive way, and moved on. I no longer rely on z-wave for sensor technology: too few players in the market and the products are too flaky. Just not worth it. Of course, that means I can not guide automation around sensor reading temperature. Turns out, I do not have to. I use Ecobee for my thermostats, so that covers temperature reading in two important areas of the house. I also use hardware proprietary temperature and humidity sensor, which is quite expensive, but factory calibrated, as you would expect any device to be that claims to read temperature. Very happy about that.

Comment

Originally posted by VirtualPanther View Post

I am afraid, the answer is a solid and resounding NO. It is now 2018 and quite a lot of water under the bridge sing these little sensors were introduced. i have been utterly disappointed by them, as well as by other HS hardware. Learned my lesson, the hard and extremely expensive way, and moved on. I no longer rely on z-wave for sensor technology: too few players in the market and the products are too flaky. Just not worth it. Of course, that means I can not guide automation around sensor reading temperature. Turns out, I do not have to. I use Ecobee for my thermostats, so that covers temperature reading in two important areas of the house. I also use hardware proprietary temperature and humidity sensor, which is quite expensive, but factory calibrated, as you would expect any device to be that claims to read temperature. Very happy about that.
              Thanks for the reply. Yea I bought 5 of them. Expensive way to learn.

Comment

I like mine. And temperature adjustments worked for me. I vaguely remember that updating the firmware and setting them up was not trouble free, but once I got them working the way I wanted them to I haven't had to mess with them since.

I do agree though that support, documentation and potentially fixes could be much better for this product.
                HS4, Insteon, Z-wave, USB-UIRT, Harmony Hubs, Google Hub/Chromecasts/Speakers, Foscam & Amcrest cameras, EZVIZ DB1 doorbell
                Plugins: BLLAN, BLOccupied, BLUSBUIRT, Chromecast, Harmony Hub, Insteon, Jon00 Homeseer/Echo Skill Helper, Harmony Hub, Jon00 DB Charting, MediaController, NetCAM, PHLocation2, Pushover 3P, weatherXML, Z-wave

Comment

Working...
                X