www.homeseer.com    

Go Back   HomeSeer Message Board > Lighting & Primary Technology Plug-ins > Lighting & Primary Technology Discussion > UPB plugin by Spud (3P)

UPB plugin by Spud (3P) Spud UPB plugin discussions.

Old September 26th, 2014, 10:03 AM
OverSeer

I do not have one but attended a webinar relating to the device.

The new Upstart (version 7.0) talks to it.

It is a custom job using a Digi embedded webserver OS and just a serial connection to the UPB pieces of it.

How does it work with UPStart? Yes

Do you just enter the ip of the IP-PIM? Upstart 7.0 uses a discovery tool and finds it.

Was it supported by the UPB HS2 plugin? no

It provides remote network management of the UPB network.

Its MFG list price is up there. That said Amazon has them for $462.50

http://www.amazon.com/PCS-PulseWorx-.../dp/B00K1H6IE4

What is neato about the device is that you can put it anywhere in your home and just connect to it your home network via a wired or wireless connection. That said you can remote manage your UPB network this way via a WAN link. This is the first of its kind.

You could run a HS3 plugin talking to the device at a remote site if you wanted to.

Automator

HS3 Pro & Lite
Edition Beta 3.0.0.383 | Ubuntu 16.04 64 bit | Oracle Windows Virtual Box ==> for Wintel only SAPI and HS3 plugins

Old September 26th, 2014, 11:27 AM
Seer Deluxe

Web Mountain had a similar device a few years ago but did not find it very useful. Also Pulseworxs had an IP Controller a few years ago but i dont think it took off. I have one around somewhere. It only worked with Pulseworxs devices at the time.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Old September 26th, 2014, 12:11 PM
OverSeer

Here I have 1 UPB PIM plugged into the Leviton OPII panel. Another two plugged into HS boxes and a floater.

3 of the PIMs are adjacent to the fuse panel.

The floater is plugged in wherever and today its plugged into a network serial server where I can access it with Upstart. I use it mostly to play and check signal strengths of the UPB device from around the house on the two phases.

You can also today just build a little DIY box with wireless or wired connectivity and it would be smaller than the PIM and could be sort of an automation controller just for UPB.

You could probably also run the HS3 plugin on the box and remotely connect it to the mothership.

Doing the two of these things you could manage your UPB PIM remotely via a wireless/wired network connection and have the HS3 UPB plugin running at the same time.
Old July 8th, 2015, 10:10 AM
Seer

Poll Devices Every x seconds

Hello, I have been working with this plugin a little bit and have noticed that if I turn on / off a device from my android phone, it works great and tracks the status of the light, but if the light is controlled from the switch, it doesn't reflect the status in the app. If I re-poll all devices on the network, it then syncs status with the app. I was wondering if there is a way to automatically poll devices statuses on a regular basis, so that the app is synced up with what is actually going on with the light? Thank you.
Old July 8th, 2015, 01:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjhiltbrand View Post
Hello, I have been working with this plugin a little bit and have noticed that if I turn on / off a device from my android phone, it works great and tracks the status of the light, but if the light is controlled from the switch, it doesn't reflect the status in the app. If I re-poll all devices on the network, it then syncs status with the app. I was wondering if there is a way to automatically poll devices statuses on a regular basis, so that the app is synced up with what is actually going on with the light? Thank you.
I believe there is a Poll scripting function that you could call from a recurring event, but I would not advise it.
UPB is supposed to send status report to your PIM, when the light is controlled from the switch. Can you tell me more about the device you are testing and their configuration in UPStart?
Old July 8th, 2015, 03:38 PM
Seer Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by spud View Post
I believe there is a Poll scripting function that you could call from a recurring event, but I would not advise it.
UPB is supposed to send status report to your PIM, when the light is controlled from the switch. Can you tell me more about the device you are testing and their configuration in UPStart?
In UPstart this is an optional checkbox. You should be able to go into each device and make sure the "send status update upon local activation" (or some such) is checked.

HS3 : HSpro (3.0.0.318) on Win2012 (vm on ESXi)
Plugins: HSTouch, UPBSpud, Kinect, Nest, IFTTT, DirecTV, EasyTrigger, Imperihome, Zwave, RFXcom, UltraMon3, UltraWeatherBug3, UltraGCIR3, UltraLog3, UltraPioneer, PHLocation, Pushover, Pushalot, MCSSPrinklers S, JowiHue
Jon00 Plugins: Bluetooth Proximity, Performance Monitor, DB Chart, Links
Old July 8th, 2015, 06:18 PM
Seer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlrichar View Post
In UPstart this is an optional checkbox. You should be able to go into each device and make sure the "send status update upon local activation" (or some such) is checked.
That did it. I saw that checkbox, but was unsure of what it did when I originally set up my switches. Thank you for pointing it out. This plugin is incredibly easy to set up and interact with. The next steps are setting up voice control, IFTTT control from my cell phone's GPS location, and Integration with the garage door opener. Much appreciated.
Old August 4th, 2015, 11:23 AM
Seer Deluxe

Hi Spud,

Not necessarily related to UPB Plug-in Version 3.0.0.23. I noticed when I updated from 3.0.0.22 today that the COM Port doesn't seem to reconnect properly when the new version is started up during the upgrade process. I then had to restart to get the COM Port to allow the PIM to be addressed by the plug-in. Any ideas why it wouldn't connect cleanly? Serial Port Init or Reset not occurring or needing a delay in the process? Example of log just after upgrade of plug-in completed below:

Thanks,

-Travis

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Aug-04 8:07:06 AM UPBSpud ERROR PIM_SEND:: ERROR: Unable to send message ID 2 [07140103FF30B2] to PIM -- timed out 5 times -- discarding message
Aug-04 8:07:00 AM UPBSpud INFO Checking HS Devices Completed
Aug-04 8:06:58 AM UPBSpud DEBUG PIM_SEND:: ABOUT_TO_SEND[07140103FF30B2 ]
Aug-04 8:06:58 AM UPBSpud DEBUG PIM_SEND:: Sending Message ID 2 to PIM, retry count=5
Aug-04 8:06:58 AM UPBSpud DEBUG PIM_SEND:: Timeout waiting for PIM response -- now trying to send command again
Aug-04 8:06:51 AM UPBSpud DEBUG PIM_SEND:: ABOUT_TO_SEND[07140103FF30B2 ]
Aug-04 8:06:51 AM UPBSpud DEBUG PIM_SEND:: Sending Message ID 2 to PIM, retry count=4
Aug-04 8:06:51 AM UPBSpud DEBUG PIM_SEND:: Timeout waiting for PIM response -- now trying to send command again
Aug-04 8:06:43 AM UPBSpud DEBUG PIM_SEND:: ABOUT_TO_SEND[07140103FF30B2 ]
Aug-04 8:06:43 AM UPBSpud DEBUG PIM_SEND:: Sending Message ID 2 to PIM, retry count=3
Aug-04 8:06:43 AM UPBSpud DEBUG PIM_SEND:: Timeout waiting for PIM response -- now trying to send command again
Aug-04 8:06:42 AM Web Server Web Server authorized login successful from: 12.118.62.134 User: tjones
Aug-04 8:06:41 AM Web Server Web Server authorized login successful from: 12.118.62.134 User: tjones
Aug-04 8:06:35 AM UPBSpud DEBUG PIM_SEND:: ABOUT_TO_SEND[07140103FF30B2 ]
Aug-04 8:06:35 AM UPBSpud DEBUG PIM_SEND:: Sending Message ID 2 to PIM, retry count=2
Aug-04 8:06:35 AM UPBSpud DEBUG PIM_SEND:: Timeout waiting for PIM response -- now trying to send command again
Aug-04 8:06:28 AM Web Server Web Server authorized login successful from: 12.118.62.134 User: tjones
Aug-04 8:06:27 AM UPBSpud DEBUG PIM_SEND:: ABOUT_TO_SEND[07140103FF30B2 ]
Aug-04 8:06:27 AM UPBSpud DEBUG PIM_SEND:: Sending Message ID 2 to PIM, retry count=1
Aug-04 8:06:27 AM UPBSpud DEBUG PIM_SEND:: Timeout waiting for PIM response -- now trying to send command again
Aug-04 8:06:19 AM UPBSpud DEBUG PIM_SEND:: ABOUT_TO_SEND[07140103FF30B2 ]
Aug-04 8:06:19 AM UPBSpud DEBUG PIM_SEND:: Sending Message ID 2 to PIM, retry count=0
Aug-04 8:06:19 AM UPBSpud DEBUG PIM_SEND:: Extracted next message to send from queue (ID 2)
Aug-04 8:06:19 AM UPBSpud DEBUG UPB_MGR:: passing queueMessage for UPB message to media-adapter
Aug-04 8:06:19 AM UPBSpud DEBUG UPB_MGR:: STATE_QUEUE:: Sending state query for device Garage Side Door (3)
Aug-04 8:06:19 AM UPBSpud ERROR PIM_SEND:: ERROR: Unable to send message ID 1 [07140102FF30B3] to PIM -- timed out 5 times -- discarding message
Aug-04 8:06:12 AM UPBSpud DEBUG PIM_SEND:: ABOUT_TO_SEND[07140102FF30B3 ]
Aug-04 8:06:12 AM UPBSpud DEBUG PIM_SEND:: Sending Message ID 1 to PIM, retry count=5
Aug-04 8:06:11 AM UPBSpud DEBUG PIM_SEND:: Timeout waiting for PIM response -- now trying to send command again
Aug-04 8:06:04 AM UPBSpud DEBUG PIM_SEND:: ABOUT_TO_SEND[07140102FF30B3 ]
Aug-04 8:06:04 AM UPBSpud DEBUG PIM_SEND:: Sending Message ID 1 to PIM, retry count=4
Aug-04 8:06:04 AM UPBSpud DEBUG PIM_SEND:: Timeout waiting for PIM response -- now trying to send command again
Aug-04 8:05:56 AM UPBSpud DEBUG PIM_SEND:: ABOUT_TO_SEND[07140102FF30B3 ]
Aug-04 8:05:56 AM UPBSpud DEBUG PIM_SEND:: Sending Message ID 1 to PIM, retry count=3
Aug-04 8:05:56 AM UPBSpud DEBUG PIM_SEND:: Timeout waiting for PIM response -- now trying to send command again
Aug-04 8:05:53 AM Z-Wave Device: Downstairs Downstairs Hall kW Hours Set to 3.11 (3.11 kW Hours)
Aug-04 8:05:49 AM UPBSpud DEBUG PIM_SEND:: ABOUT_TO_SEND[07140102FF30B3 ]
Aug-04 8:05:49 AM UPBSpud DEBUG PIM_SEND:: Sending Message ID 1 to PIM, retry count=2
Aug-04 8:05:48 AM UPBSpud DEBUG PIM_SEND:: Timeout waiting for PIM response -- now trying to send command again
Aug-04 8:05:41 AM UPBSpud DEBUG PIM_SEND:: ABOUT_TO_SEND[07140102FF30B3 ]
Aug-04 8:05:41 AM UPBSpud DEBUG PIM_SEND:: Sending Message ID 1 to PIM, retry count=1
Aug-04 8:05:41 AM UPBSpud DEBUG PIM_SEND:: Timeout waiting for PIM response -- now trying to send command again
Aug-04 8:05:33 AM UPBSpud DEBUG PIM_SEND:: ABOUT_TO_SEND[07140102FF30B3 ]
Aug-04 8:05:33 AM UPBSpud INFO Checking HS Devices Started
Aug-04 8:05:33 AM UPBSpud DEBUG PIM_SEND:: Sending Message ID 1 to PIM, retry count=0
Aug-04 8:05:33 AM UPBSpud INFO Import of UPStart file completed
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Old August 30th, 2015, 01:09 PM
Seer Plus

3.0.24 not reading new upe file

I updated to 3.0.24. I made a couple of changes to my UPE file using upstart. Told plugin to import. Log says completed successfully. New devices I added do not show up in homeseer.

Any ideas?
Old August 30th, 2015, 01:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Overst View Post
I updated to 3.0.24. I made a couple of changes to my UPE file using upstart. Told plugin to import. Log says completed successfully. New devices I added do not show up in homeseer.

Any ideas?
what kind of devices have you added?

could you send me debug logs of the plugin start up.
Old August 30th, 2015, 02:01 PM
Seer Plus

debug log as requested

I am adding a OCQT-40 4 Button Controller (Simply automated). It is device 128. Room name = his sitting Device name= 4 button Bath
Attached Files
File Type: txt upb.txt (98.6 KB, 3 views)
Old August 30th, 2015, 03:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Overst View Post
I am adding a OCQT-40 4 Button Controller (Simply automated). It is device 128. Room name = his sitting Device name= 4 button Bath
Are you sure it is not created? Sometimes when new device are created I have to completely reset the filters (i.e. click "Show all" button) on the device management page before I can see them

Also make sure you don't have some old HS devices with the same id. You should look for devices with an address that begins with 91-D128. If you have some delete them then re-import your upe file
Old August 30th, 2015, 04:18 PM
Seer Plus

problem solved

I found the problem. There were several old devices that were not being used and had npt been deleted, and when I created new devices Upstart takes the first available device. I found the old entries, deleted them and reimported. Works Fine. On another note is there a way to list devices by their address? It would have made my hunt a lot easier.
Old October 13th, 2015, 04:50 PM

in version 3.0.0.25 available here I have added the "UPB Device transmits Link" trigger

Name:  upbtrigger.jpg
Views: 157
Size:  21.0 KB

this trigger is only fired when a physical UPB device transmits a Link, so it can be used to determine when a physical switch is actually pressed.
Old April 2nd, 2016, 11:12 PM
Seer

Plugin Use with HAI 35A00-3 UPB Switches

Hello all, I have a question for you. I have a couple HAI 35A00-3 Light Switches. These switches are physically identical (from what I have read) to their out-of-the-box dimmable counterparts, the 35A00-1. The difference between them is that the 35A00-3 comes from the factory set to only turn on and off (no dimming). However, they can be programmed in upstart to allow dimming. I have done this with the switches I have. They dim fine when I physically do so at the switch, and when I test them in upstart. However, in the plugin in HS3, the checkbox that states whether or not they are dimmable switches is greyed out. I'm unable to check this box, and as such am unable to gain access to the dimming features this awesome plugin provides. Any thoughts as to a workaround, or if this might be fixed in a future release of the plugin? Thank you.
Old April 2nd, 2016, 11:40 PM
Seer Deluxe

Couple of things...

Did you reimport your Upstart Export after you made the changes and wrote them to the switch?

Did you remove the device and restart the plugin to see if that worked?

-Travis
Old April 3rd, 2016, 07:16 AM

Quote:
Hello all, I have a question for you. I have a couple HAI 35A00-3 Light Switches. These switches are physically identical (from what I have read) to their out-of-the-box dimmable counterparts, the 35A00-1. The difference between them is that the 35A00-3 comes from the factory set to only turn on and off (no dimming). However, they can be programmed in upstart to allow dimming. I have done this with the switches I have. They dim fine when I physically do so at the switch, and when I test them in upstart. However, in the plugin in HS3, the checkbox that states whether or not they are dimmable switches is greyed out. I'm unable to check this box, and as such am unable to gain access to the dimming features this awesome plugin provides. Any thoughts as to a workaround, or if this might be fixed in a future release of the plugin? Thank you.
As Travis said, delete the device from the management screen, then reimport the upe file after you made the changes in upstart. The device should be recreated as a dimming device.
Old April 10th, 2016, 09:53 AM
Seer

Quote:
As Travis said, delete the device from the management screen, then reimport the upe file after you made the changes in upstart. The device should be recreated as a dimming device.
When I added them to the UPB network in Upstart, I set them to be dimming devices, before I exported the .upe configuration and imported in to Home Seer.

I Deleted the devices in question and imported them again, to no avail. I was looking at the .upe file, but can't figure out what value I'm looking for. I was thinking if Upstart isn't setting the dimmable value correctly, that I could manually edit the configuration file. However, I have to figure out how to read it first.
Old April 10th, 2016, 10:45 AM

Quote:
When I added them to the UPB network in Upstart, I set them to be dimming devices, before I exported the .upe configuration and imported in to Home Seer.

I Deleted the devices in question and imported them again, to no avail. I was looking at the .upe file, but can't figure out what value I'm looking for. I was thinking if Upstart isn't setting the dimmable value correctly, that I could manually edit the configuration file. However, I have to figure out how to read it first.
can you send me your .upe file and tell me what is the device name and room
Old April 10th, 2016, 11:14 AM
Seer

Quote:
can you send me your .upe file and tell me what is the device name and room
I sent you a private message. Although I just realized I forgot to say which device names were having issues. It is the Craft Room Light and the Office Light. Thank you for all your help.