Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Even with debug logging on my Insteon devices actions don't show up in the log. If i turn on a light whether it by by keypad or regular Insteon 1 button light switch nothing shows up in the log. For the switches and keys that are able to trigger an event the event will show up in the log but the log will not show that I pushed the button or that a switch value has changed. Below is the log from a key that triggered an event. The thrid line show the event being triggered. The second line show the device being triggered. The first and last line is just to show there is nothing else in the log. As you can see it didn't log the button being pressed.

Feb-02 12:21:52 PM Z-Wave Device: Z-Wave Node 4 Z-Wave Interface Backdoor Alarm value set to 22
    Feb-02 12:13:01 PM Device Control Device: Sconces to On (100)
    Feb-02 12:13:01 PM
    Event Event Trigger "Default Test key pads"
    Feb-02 12:07:28 PM HSTouch Server GetAllThermostats:NONE

Comment

Originally posted by freeon View Post
      Even with debug logging on my Insteon devices actions don't show up in the log. If i turn on a light whether it by by keypad or regular Insteon 1 button light switch nothing shows up in the log.
      Oops, sorry, I forgot that the released version doesn't have all the log functions properly hooked up. You can configure HomeSeer to open console windows for the plug-ins and the debug messages will show up there, but it's probably not worth messing with at this point. I've made quite a few changes and updates and really need to post a new version.

I'll try to get a new version posted in the next day or two.
      --
      Bob Paauwe
      ISYInsteon Plug-in
      http://www.bobsplace.com/ISYInsteon/

Comment

New Alpha version uploaded (3.0.0.4). See the first post for changes. This version extends the expiration date.

Hopefully I uploaded all the right files this time.

CJVann,
        This version is likely going to remove any changes you made to the status/value pairs on any device. I've been trying to think of way to allow user configurable strings for status but haven't come up with anything I can easily implement yet.
        --
        Bob Paauwe
        ISYInsteon Plug-in

Comment

Thank you. Maybe the best thing would be for me to update the status/graphics pair, and go by that instead of the status text.

Comment

I tried to update and got a message that it didn't instal. I removed the old one and try a new instal and this is displayed in the plugin status**FATAL**: Failed getting InterfaceStatus from ISYInsteon - the interface was not found in the list of active interfaces."

This was in the log
            Feb-06 5:19:38 PM Updater Install/Update of package ISYInsteon Plugin failed. Feb-06 5:19:38 PM Updater Error Installation of package ISYInsteon Plugin failed. Try disabling the plugin first, then re-try the update. Feb-06 5:19:38 PM Updater Error Copying source to C:\Program Files\HomeSeer HS3\Bin\ISYInsteon\SQLite.Interop.dll, detailed error: The process cannot access the file 'C:\Program Files\HomeSeer HS3\Bin\ISYInsteon\SQLite.Interop.dll' because it is being used by another process.

Comment

I tried to update and got a message that it didn't instal. I removed the old one and try a new instal and this is displayed in the plugin status**FATAL**: Failed getting InterfaceStatus from ISYInsteon - the interface was not found in the list of active interfaces."

This was in the log
              Feb-06 5:19:38 PM Updater Install/Update of package ISYInsteon Plugin failed. Feb-06 5:19:38 PM Updater Error Installation of package ISYInsteon Plugin failed. Try disabling the plugin first, then re-try the update. Feb-06 5:19:38 PM Updater Error Copying source to C:\Program Files\HomeSeer HS3\Bin\ISYInsteon\SQLite.Interop.dll, detailed error: The process cannot access the file 'C:\Program Files\HomeSeer HS3\Bin\ISYInsteon\SQLite.Interop.dll' because it is being used by another process.
              It sounds like the plug-in didn't shutdown and is still running. Try bring up task manager and kill any HSPI_ISYInsteon.exe processes that are running. Then try the install again.
              --
              Bob Paauwe
              ISYInsteon Plug-in

Comment

Originally posted by bpwwer View Post
                It sounds like the plug-in didn't shutdown and is still running. Try bring up task manager and kill any HSPI_ISYInsteon.exe processes that are running. Then try the install again.
                Restarted HS3 and no longer have the error message and I'm able to control my devices.

Comment

Oops, sorry, I forgot that the released version doesn't have all the log functions properly hooked up. You can configure HomeSeer to open console windows for the plug-ins and the debug messages will show up there, but it's probably not worth messing with at this point. I've made quite a few changes and updates and really need to post a new version.

I'll try to get a new version posted in the next day or two.
                  With the new version devices actions still don't appear in the log and still can't trigger events from the eight key.

Comment

With the new version devices actions still don't appear in the log and still can't trigger events from the eight key.
                    I'll need to see a debug log to figure out what's happening.

Select the ISYInsteon configuration from the plug-ins menu. Go to the Tracing/debugging tab. Enabled logging, set the log level to debug, make sure the log output is HomeSeer Log and enable Tracing. It should look like the attached image.

Select the following functions from the large list of functions on the page:
                    NodeUpdateHandler
                    parse_event
                    ProcessEvent

Save the configuration. This should start generating output for every message that the ISY sends so it can be quite a bit. Capture the log output for a working button and the 8th button on the keypad and post it back here (or send it in a PM).

After you've capture the log you'll probably want to turn off tracing and set the log level back to something more reasonable.
                    Attached Files
                    --
                    Bob Paauwe
                    ISYInsteon Plug-in

Comment

The first part is the log from pressing front entry KP-E wich trigered the scones.
                      The second is basement KP-H which was supposed to triger the pool table lights but didn't
                      I took the exact same event just changed the switch controling and the swicth beeing controled. All other settings remained the same.

Feb-06 8:48:06 PM ISYInsteon Event Queue is now empty.
                      Feb-06 8:48:06 PM ISYInsteon ISY Heartbeat message.
                      Feb-06 8:48:06 PM ISYInsteon parse_event : control = [_0] action = [120] node = [] eventinfo = []
                      Feb-06 8:48:06 PM ISYInsteon parse_event : Entering parse event with {0x3C}Event seqnum="273" sid="uuid:155"{0x3E3C}control{0x3E}_0{0x3C}/control{0x3E3C}action{0x3E}120{0x3C}/action{0x3E3C}node{0x3E3C}/node{0x3E3C}eventInfo{0x3E3C}/eventInfo{0x3E3C}/Event{0x3E00}
                      Feb-06 8:47:41 PM ISYInsteon Event Queue is now empty.
                      Feb-06 8:47:41 PM ISYInsteon ISY Heartbeat message.
                      Feb-06 8:47:41 PM ISYInsteon parse_event : control = [_0] action = [120] node = [] eventinfo = []
                      Feb-06 8:47:41 PM ISYInsteon parse_event : Entering parse event with {0x3C}Event seqnum="272" sid="uuid:155"{0x3E3C}control{0x3E}_0{0x3C}/control{0x3E3C}action{0x3E}120{0x3C}/action{0x3E3C}node{0x3E3C}/node{0x3E3C}eventInfo{0x3E3C}/eventInfo{0x3E3C}/Event{0x3E00}
                      Feb-06 8:47:36 PM ISYInsteon Event Queue is now empty.
                      Feb-06 8:47:36 PM ISYInsteon Living room/Sconces sent 0
                      Feb-06 8:47:36 PM ISYInsteon NodeUpdateHandler : Leave
                      Feb-06 8:47:36 PM ISYInsteon NodeUpdateHandler : Set deviceString? 0
                      Feb-06 8:47:36 PM ISYInsteon NodeUpdateHandler : Updating Sconces from 48 to 0
                      Feb-06 8:47:36 PM ISYInsteon Command Queue is now empty.
                      Feb-06 8:47:36 PM ISYInsteon NodeUpdateHandler : Enter - Sconces [13 91 45 1] - status - 0
                      Feb-06 8:47:36 PM ISYInsteon parse_event : control = [_1] action = [3] node = [] eventinfo = [[ 13 91 45 1] ST 0]
                      Feb-06 8:47:36 PM ISYInsteon parse_event : Entering parse event with {0x3C}Event seqnum="271" sid="uuid:155"{0x3E3C}control{0x3E}_1{0x3C}/control{0x3E3C}action{0x3E}3{0x3C}/action{0x3E3C}node{0x3E3C}/node{0x3E3C}eventInfo{0x3E}[ 13 91 45 1] ST 0{0x3C}/eventInfo{0x3E3C}/Event{0x3E00}
                      Feb-06 8:47:36 PM ISYInsteon Living room/Sconces now set to 0
                      Feb-06 8:47:36 PM ISYInsteon parse_event : control = [ST] action = [0] node = [13 91 45 1] eventinfo = []
                      Feb-06 8:47:36 PM ISYInsteon parse_event : Entering parse event with {0x3C}Event seqnum="270" sid="uuid:155"{0x3E3C}control{0x3E}ST{0x3C}/control{0x3E3C}action{0x3E}0{0x3C}/action{0x3E3C}node{0x3E}13 91 45 1{0x3C}/node{0x3E3C}eventInfo{0x3E3C}/eventInfo{0x3E3C}/Event{0x3E00}
                      Feb-06 8:47:36 PM ISYInsteon ISY is idle.
                      Feb-06 8:47:36 PM ISYInsteon parse_event : control = [_5] action = [0] node = [] eventinfo = []
                      Feb-06 8:47:36 PM ISYInsteon parse_event : Entering parse event with {0x3C}Event seqnum="269" sid="uuid:155"{0x3E3C}control{0x3E}_5{0x3C}/control{0x3E3C}action{0x3E}0{0x3C}/action{0x3E3C}node{0x3E3C}/node{0x3E3C}eventInfo{0x3E3C}/eventInfo{0x3E3C}/Event{0x3E00}
                      Feb-06 8:47:36 PM ISYInsteon ISY is busy.
                      Feb-06 8:47:36 PM ISYInsteon parse_event : control = [_5] action = [1] node = [] eventinfo = []
                      Feb-06 8:47:36 PM ISYInsteon parse_event : Entering parse event with {0x3C}Event seqnum="268" sid="uuid:155"{0x3E3C}control{0x3E}_5{0x3C}/control{0x3E3C}action{0x3E}1{0x3C}/action{0x3E3C}node{0x3E3C}/node{0x3E3C}eventInfo{0x3E3C}/eventInfo{0x3E3C}/Event{0x3E00}
                      Feb-06 8:47:36 PM ISYInsteon Living Room Front Door/Front Entry KP - E sent 0

Feb-06 8:50:36 PM ISYInsteon Event Queue is now empty.
                      Feb-06 8:50:36 PM ISYInsteon ISY Heartbeat message.
                      Feb-06 8:50:36 PM ISYInsteon parse_event : control = [_0] action = [120] node = [] eventinfo = []
                      Feb-06 8:50:36 PM ISYInsteon parse_event : Entering parse event with {0x3C}Event seqnum="280" sid="uuid:155"{0x3E3C}control{0x3E}_0{0x3C}/control{0x3E3C}action{0x3E}120{0x3C}/action{0x3E3C}node{0x3E3C}/node{0x3E3C}eventInfo{0x3E3C}/eventInfo{0x3E3C}/Event{0x3E00}
                      Feb-06 8:50:11 PM ISYInsteon Event Queue is now empty.
                      Feb-06 8:50:11 PM ISYInsteon ISY Heartbeat message.
                      Feb-06 8:50:11 PM ISYInsteon parse_event : control = [_0] action = [120] node = [] eventinfo = []
                      Feb-06 8:50:11 PM ISYInsteon parse_event : Entering parse event with {0x3C}Event seqnum="279" sid="uuid:155"{0x3E3C}control{0x3E}_0{0x3C}/control{0x3E3C}action{0x3E}120{0x3C}/action{0x3E3C}node{0x3E3C}/node{0x3E3C}eventInfo{0x3E3C}/eventInfo{0x3E3C}/Event{0x3E00}
                      Feb-06 8:49:52 PM ISYInsteon Event Queue is now empty.
                      Feb-06 8:49:52 PM ISYInsteon Basement/Basement KP-H sent 0

Comment

The first part is the log from pressing front entry KP-E wich trigered the scones.
                        The second is basement KP-H which was supposed to triger the pool table lights but didn't
                        I took the exact same event just changed the switch controling and the swicth being controled. All other settings remained the same.
                        I think I can partially explain what's going on. The plug-in appears to be properly handling the trigger events from the keypads. By properly, I mean that it is currently ignoring them because that part of the plug-in is not written yet.

The ISY can send multiple messages when you physically press device button. For a normal switch link it will send a "trigger" that the switch sent an on or off (fast on / fast off) command. Since the switchlinc also has a load controller, it will send a "status" of the load on, off, (maybe dim level). These two different types of messages are handled differently by the plug-in. The "trigger" message can be hooked to trigger events [when switch sends an OFF do something]. The status message is used to set the devices value [the switches load is now at level 200].

HomeSeer has built-in event triggers that can be used to track when a device's value changes. That's likely what the events you just created are using. So [when button-H value is 0 turn off pool table light].

Keypad buttons (other than button A) don't have a load associated with them (well, the button light is sort of a load). So there are configurations where the ISY won't send any "status" message when the button is pressed, only a "trigger" message.

Creating plug-in specific triggers is one area where HS3 is significantly different from HS2. It is on my list of things to work on but it may take a while.

Both button presses are seen:
                        Feb-06 8:47:36 PM ISYInsteon Living Room Front Door/Front Entry KP - E sent 0

Feb-06 8:49:52 PM ISYInsteon Basement/Basement KP-H sent 0
                        I believe that the one light is working because something outside of HomeSeer is actually triggering it. Either there's an Insteon link between the devices or there's an ISY program. If HomeSeer was responding to the button press and executing the event there'd be a message in the log for the event. Unless you stripped the HomeSeer messages from the log.

You may be able to work-a-round the missing support in the plug-in by creating a scene on the ISY and making the keypad button a controller of that scene. There doesn't need to be any other device in the scene.

But, I'm curious why you're trying to use a HomeSeer event instead of just creating a scene on the ISY with the light and button? Creating the scene will always be more responsive since the scene will create a direct link between the button and the light.
                        --
                        Bob Paauwe
                        ISYInsteon Plug-in

Comment

I'm not sure why it's not showing up in the log but homesser is triggering the sconses to turn on when KP-E is pressed. I created and event called test key pad so that KP-E would trigger the sconses. When i disable the event it doesn't turn on the lights. There is nothing in the ISY that is configured to trigger it. Not sure why it's no longer showing in the log but last weekend when I was pressing KP-E in the log I would something like "test key pad event triggered" but it's no longer showing up. So if key pad E can trigger an event why can't key pad H do the same.

To answer your question as to why I don't use the ISY to trigger the lights is because the events above were just for testing. All my lights are triggered true ISY and not HomeSeer. What I'm trying to accomplish with this Key pad H turns off all my lights already. I want it to trigger an event that would turn off my TV's and lock my doors. This is how I have it set up in HS2 and it works great. This is one of the features I used most often so can't fully move to HS3 until I figure out a solution. For now HS2 still works so no huge panic but if you can think of a work around to accomplish this or come up with some new features in your plug in that would make this work let me know. In the mean time thanks for your help.

Comment

Keypad buttons can be configured to have one of several different behaviors when pressed. They can be configured as toggle, on only, or off only. Are you sure that both buttons are configured the same way?

All other things being equal, the two buttons should behave the same so something must be different.

To answer your question as to why I don't use the ISY to trigger the lights is because the events above were just for testing. All my lights are triggered true ISY and not HomeSeer. What I'm trying to accomplish with this Key pad H turns off all my lights already. I want it to trigger an event that would turn off my TV's and lock my doors. This is how I have it set up in HS2 and it works great. This is one of the features I used most often so can't fully move to HS3 until I figure out a solution.
                            That makes sense. Thanks!

For now HS2 still works so no huge panic but if you can think of a work around to accomplish this or come up with some new features in your plug in that would make this work let me know. In the mean time thanks for your help.
                            I will get the keypad button triggers working, I just haven't started on it yet since it seemed like the built-in triggers would cover most situations. I think this is the last of the existing features that needs to be done. I'll put it on the list as something to do for the next release.

Thanks for taking the time to test it out and explain what you're trying to accomplish with it. It really does help.
                            --
                            Bob Paauwe
                            ISYInsteon Plug-in

Comment

Keypad buttons can be configured to have one of several different behaviors when pressed. They can be configured as toggle, on only, or off only. Are you sure that both buttons are configured the same way?
                              I checked and all key's are set to toggle except the 8th key is set as none toggle always off. It's set this way because it's my all off key so obviously I want it to all turn off. I changed the setting on the 8th key to toggle and can now trigger events. I did find a work around having this key sort of none toggle. If I programe the event it trigers to turn off that switch it seems to give me the same affect. Only thing is there is a small lag bettwen when I push the key and when the switch/light turn off compared to when ISY does it by itself. If you say that a futur update will allow the none toggle switch to trigger an event just like a toggle swicth I will wait until then. If your not planning on adding this I will program it as described above.

Thanks for taking the time to test it out and explain what you're trying to accomplish with it. It really does help.
                              Anything I can do to help I'm happy to do so. Beside your the one that deserves a thanks. Without people like you making these plug ins not sure what we would do with HomeSeer. Keep up the good work

Comment

Variable graphics cannot be displayed in HSTouch

Hi Bob - We've discussed something similar to this regarding Devices, but I've run into an issue related to Variables. In HSTouch, I display a specific graphic based on what the variable's value is. Say the variable
                                = 1: show the Enabled graphic
                                = 0: show the Disabled graphic

The issue is that HSTouch no longer will not display a graphic unless HS3 has a value/status pair defined for it. The ISY Insteon plugin deletes all value/status & value/graphic pairs for variables on startup, leaving only a value of 0. So unless a variable = 0, HSTouch cannot display a graphic for it. (Note: HSTouch images are based on one of 2 options. You can either display the default Value/Graphic pair from HS3, or select a unique graphic file based on the variable's Value. Neither of which can be done, now.) Similarly, the HS3 Device List cannot display a graphic for variables, or ranges of variables.

I posted this in the HSTouch forum too, but maybe something for you to ponder, as well. Maybe you could make an exception for variables, in regard to overwriting the Value/Status & Value/Graphics pairs? HSTouch should probably let you display a graphic even if the Value/Status pair hasn't been defined. However, it would also be nice if ISY Insteon let you use Value/Graphic pairs so you could have a graphic based on a range of values. Say you have an ISY variable as a counter. HS3 could set a range of graphics for
                                Variable = 1-20: Display Graphic 1
                                Variable = 21-50: Display Graphic 2 (etc.). HSTouch does not have an option to display graphics based on a range of values, only for 1 specific value.

Below: (1) Value/Status & Value/Graphic pairs configured, (2) Value pairs after a restart of HS3:
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X