Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Concord System Arming: What am I doing wrong?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Concord System Arming: What am I doing wrong?

I hope this is very simple, but here's what's happening.

I recently moved from HS2 to HS3. Back in HS2 the Concord Plugin worked great and I could arm the system from HS just fine. Now in HS3 when I try to arm the system it is asking for a passcode. I didn't have to do that before, and it defeats the intent of me being able to arm it when I'm not here. I made sure the User code is in the config page, verified, and checked to be remembered. Still no luck.

Any ideas?

Thank you, all, in advance.

Mike

Originally posted by mhiles View Post
    I hope this is very simple, but here's what's happening.

I recently moved from HS2 to HS3. Back in HS2 the Concord Plugin worked great and I could arm the system from HS just fine. Now in HS3 when I try to arm the system it is asking for a passcode. I didn't have to do that before, and it defeats the intent of me being able to arm it when I'm not here. I made sure the User code is in the config page, verified, and checked to be remembered. Still no luck.

Any ideas?

Thank you, all, in advance.

Mike
    OK, let me try this again after I actually read the post

Going to need a little more info:

What does the HS3 log say?
    This occurs when you do what?? Click on the Panel Control device (ie Arm Stay, Arm Away, etc)

The User Code verify isn't very robust, so if it's incorrect the plugin won't tell you. Try entering it again to make sure it IS correct. Which user code are you entering, the System Master?

Z

Comment

Originally posted by vasrc View Post
      OK, let me try this again after I actually read the post

Going to need a little more info:

What does the HS3 log say?
      This occurs when you do what?? Click on the Panel Control device (ie Arm Stay, Arm Away, etc)

The User Code verify isn't very robust, so if it's incorrect the plugin won't tell you. Try entering it again to make sure it IS correct. Which user code are you entering, the System Master?

Z
      Also (more coffee in the system now)..
      When/where/how does it ask for a passcode? I don't believe I ever ask for one if it isn't entered? Sure it's the plugin asking for it?

Do you show a "Expire Min." box under the User Code?

Z

Comment

Vasrc,

Thanks for your reply. The plugin seems to work flawlessly on everything else but this. When I click on Arm Stay or Arm Away buttons in HS3 my alarm system itself says "Please enter code" and waits for one to be entered. I can use the keypad in HS3 to do that or the keypad on the alarm system, but it shouldn't be asking.

I went into the config page for the plugin. Turns out that it won't let me clear out the user code field. If I open that field, delete the numbers, close the requester and navigate away and come back, it's there again. Also, it seems irrelevant what number I type in there, it still says "user code verified". It really does think it knows better.

I tried clearing the user code field, disabling the plugin, restarting HS3 and re-enabling the plugin. Same result. The user code field seems unchangeable and irrelevant. I really don't want to uninstall the plugin and start over, but maybe that's my next step?

Btw, I checked the logs after re-enabling the plugin in no errors listed. It looks good. (I can upload logs if really needed).

Thx!

Mike

Comment

Vasrc,

Thanks for your reply. The plugin seems to work flawlessly on everything else but this. When I click on Arm Stay or Arm Away buttons in HS3 my alarm system itself says "Please enter code" and waits for one to be entered. I can use the keypad in HS3 to do that or the keypad on the alarm system, but it shouldn't be asking.

I went into the config page for the plugin. Turns out that it won't let me clear out the user code field. If I open that field, delete the numbers, close the requester and navigate away and come back, it's there again. Also, it seems irrelevant what number I type in there, it still says "user code verified". It really does think it knows better.

I tried clearing the user code field, disabling the plugin, restarting HS3 and re-enabling the plugin. Same result. The user code field seems unchangeable and irrelevant. I really don't want to uninstall the plugin and start over, but maybe that's my next step?

Btw, I checked the logs after re-enabling the plugin in no errors listed. It looks good. (I can upload logs if really needed).

Thx!

Mike
          Like I said, the Verify isn't very robust It's just checking for valid numbers (try entering a letter if you want to see it fail). When you get the HS3 submit popup, just enter in the valid Usercode, it will save it.

When you say your alarm system is telling you to "Please enter code", you mean on the alarm keypads?

Do you have Quick Arm programmed on your panel? (Look for User 250 on the Config->User tab). I'm guessing this is the issue as it would conceal any error in the normal arming sequence.

To check it's sending the correct UserCode, turn on Communications Debug in Config and send an Arm and then Disarm command. You should see something like this in the Log:
          SendRequestToPanel - 0A4001000501AABBCCDDcs
          Where AABBCCDD is your usercode

Turn off the debug after as it sends a lot of info.

LMK
          Z

Comment

Originally posted by vasrc View Post
            Like I said, the Verify isn't very robust It's just checking for valid numbers (try entering a letter if you want to see it fail). When you get the HS3 submit popup, just enter in the valid Usercode, it will save it.

When you say your alarm system is telling you to "Please enter code", you mean on the alarm keypads?

Do you have Quick Arm programmed on your panel? (Look for User 250 on the Config->User tab). I'm guessing this is the issue as it would conceal any error in the normal arming sequence.

To check it's sending the correct UserCode, turn on Communications Debug in Config and send an Arm and then Disarm command. You should see something like this in the Log:
            SendRequestToPanel - 0A4001000501AABBCCDDcs
            Where AABBCCDD is your usercode

Turn off the debug after as it sends a lot of info.

LMK
            Z
            First, I apologize for not understanding the operation of the plugin (or panel for that matter) all that well, so forgive me for fumbling a bit.

I checked a letter in the user code and it did indeed fail. I put it back to the correct code and did as you said with debugging logging on. The SendRequestToPanel entries did not contain the correct user code and didn't make sense to me. Wait, now I see there is a zero in front of each user code digit, so yes, the correct code is being sent to the panel. This is odd to me since nothing that I know of has changed in my alarm panel set-up, only in the Hs2 to HS3 migration. Also, the User 250 QuickArm is listed but last access is set to unknown.

Interestingly, if I check the No Delay config and then arm, the system arms fine without asking for a user code. I disarmed it and checked the log (without debugging on this time) and see that it said the panel was armed by System Master. Is that correct? Well, this only worked once. Now when I check no delay and arm the system seems to be in silent mode and makes no sound...and doesn't appear to really arm. Here's the filtered log from my last couple of arming attempts...who is CAPI?
            Jul-10 10:21:12 AM Device Control Device: Security CONCORD Panel Control to Disarm (1) by/from: CAPI Control Handler
            Jul-10 10:20:57 AM Device Control Device: Security CONCORD Panel Control to Arm Away (3) by/from: CAPI Control Handler
            Jul-10 10:20:26 AM Device Control Device: Security CONCORD Panel Control to Arm Stay (2) by/from: CAPI Control Handler
            Jul-10 10:20:06 AM Device Control Device: Security CONCORD Panel Control to Disarm (1) by/from: CAPI Control Handler
            Jul-10 10:19:48 AM Device Control Device: Security CONCORD Panel Control to Arm Stay (2) by/from: CAPI Control Handler
            Jul-10 10:13:45 AM Device Control Device: Security CONCORD Panel Control to Disarm (1) by/from: CAPI Control Handler

I tried to arm in stay, away, with and without delay and now the alarm system either stays quiet or asks for a code without actually arming in either case. It worked once then not again. Strange.

Mike

Comment

First, I apologize for not understanding the operation of the plugin (or panel for that matter) all that well, so forgive me for fumbling a bit.

I checked a letter in the user code and it did indeed fail. I put it back to the correct code and did as you said with debugging logging on. The SendRequestToPanel entries did not contain the correct user code and didn't make sense to me. Wait, now I see there is a zero in front of each user code digit, so yes, the correct code is being sent to the panel. This is odd to me since nothing that I know of has changed in my alarm panel set-up, only in the Hs2 to HS3 migration. Also, the User 250 QuickArm is listed but last access is set to unknown.

Interestingly, if I check the No Delay config and then arm, the system arms fine without asking for a user code. I disarmed it and checked the log (without debugging on this time) and see that it said the panel was armed by System Master. Is that correct? Well, this only worked once. Now when I check no delay and arm the system seems to be in silent mode and makes no sound...and doesn't appear to really arm. Here's the filtered log from my last couple of arming attempts...who is CAPI?
              Jul-10 10:21:12 AM Device Control Device: Security CONCORD Panel Control to Disarm (1) by/from: CAPI Control Handler
              Jul-10 10:20:57 AM Device Control Device: Security CONCORD Panel Control to Arm Away (3) by/from: CAPI Control Handler
              Jul-10 10:20:26 AM Device Control Device: Security CONCORD Panel Control to Arm Stay (2) by/from: CAPI Control Handler
              Jul-10 10:20:06 AM Device Control Device: Security CONCORD Panel Control to Disarm (1) by/from: CAPI Control Handler
              Jul-10 10:19:48 AM Device Control Device: Security CONCORD Panel Control to Arm Stay (2) by/from: CAPI Control Handler
              Jul-10 10:13:45 AM Device Control Device: Security CONCORD Panel Control to Disarm (1) by/from: CAPI Control Handler

I tried to arm in stay, away, with and without delay and now the alarm system either stays quiet or asks for a code without actually arming in either case. It worked once then not again. Strange.

Mike
              Let's stay with one config. How do you want your system to work, No Delay, Silent (understand that No delay isn't valid for Arm Away). Silent does what you expect, no chimes are heard when being armed/disamed.

Set it up the way you want it to operate and then issue an arm and then disarm command and post the result (You can XX out the Usercode).
              If Quick Arm is really set (you SHOULD see a Last Action date), your Arm cmds will NOT contain the usercode just Disarm. Nonetheless, the usercode should be included and work.

Also, now that you know the arm command seq (from the SendPanel debug) try sending the same code via your virtual keypad and see if that works doing it that way.

Z

Comment

Ok, I want the system to simply arm with annunciation and delay, i.e. neither Silent nor No Delay checked or operating.

Here is the unfiltered log from a debug session where I tried to arm, the panel asked for a user code, I waited 20 seconds or so, then issued the disarm, all from HS3.

Jul-10 10:55:05 AM CONCORD Debug SELECT by ID=LogGeneralHS_field, Val=unchecked
                Jul-10 10:55:04 AM CONCORD Debug ComPort(COM37) idx = 2
                Jul-10 10:54:59 AM CONCORD Comm LightsState() - Light 4 Off
                Jul-10 10:54:59 AM CONCORD Comm LightsState() - Light 3 Off
                Jul-10 10:54:59 AM CONCORD Comm LightsState() - Light 2 Off
                Jul-10 10:54:59 AM CONCORD Comm LightsState() - Light 1 Off
                Jul-10 10:54:59 AM CONCORD Comm Rx LightsState - 072301010000002C
                Jul-10 10:54:56 AM CONCORD Comm LightsState() - Light 4 On
                Jul-10 10:54:56 AM CONCORD Comm LightsState() - Light 3 Off
                Jul-10 10:54:56 AM CONCORD Comm LightsState() - Light 2 Off
                Jul-10 10:54:56 AM CONCORD Comm LightsState() - Light 1 Off
                Jul-10 10:54:56 AM CONCORD Comm Rx LightsState - 0723010100040030
                Jul-10 10:54:55 AM CONCORD Comm Rx Siren Go (future)- 0322062B
                Jul-10 10:54:55 AM CONCORD Comm Rx Siren Setup (future)- 0A2204010001F000000022
                Jul-10 10:54:55 AM CONCORD Comm Rx EntryExitDelay - 0822030100800000AE
                Jul-10 10:54:55 AM CONCORD Debug ATtrigger: TA=1, SubTA=13
                Jul-10 10:54:55 AM CONCORD Debug AlarmTrouble= |Jul 10, 2016 10:54:55 AM|Bus Device|6A3277| 13|3|Partition Event|Latchkey Off|246
                Jul-10 10:54:55 AM CONCORD Debug AlarmTrouble: ATsource(0) = Bus Device
                Jul-10 10:54:55 AM CONCORD Comm Rx Alarm/Trouble Message - 0D22020100006A32770D0300F64B
                Jul-10 10:54:55 AM CONCORD Debug UpdateDB() - Update Users set userName_field = "System Master" ,lastAction_field = 1468166095 ,userNum_field = 246 where userNum_field = 246
                Jul-10 10:54:55 AM CONCORD Debug UpdateDB() - SQL=Update Users set userName_field = "System Master" ,lastAction_field = 1468166095 ,userNum_field = 246 where userNum_field = 246, OpenClose=True
                Jul-10 10:54:55 AM CONCORD Info Panel Control changed to Disarmed by User: System Master
                Jul-10 10:54:55 AM CONCORD Debug UserTrigger() - User#= 246, Action=1
                Jul-10 10:54:55 AM CONCORD Debug setPanelControl() - CurVal=1, NewValue=1
                Jul-10 10:54:55 AM CONCORD Debug SetPanelControl()- Panel Control Zone set to 1
                Jul-10 10:54:55 AM CONCORD Comm Rx Arming Level - 082201010000F60123
                Jul-10 10:54:54 AM CONCORD Debug InsertTracking() Enqueue: Zone (201), Now=1468166094, mSec=830, Event=Panel Disarmed from HS
                Jul-10 10:54:54 AM CONCORD Comm SendRequestToPanel - 0940010001XXXXXXXX5B
                Jul-10 10:54:54 AM Device Control Device: Security CONCORD Panel Control to Disarm (1) by/from: CAPI Control Handler
                Jul-10 10:54:49 AM Z-Wave Device: Node 3 Z-Wave Power Set to 1889.28 (W)
                Jul-10 10:54:28 AM CONCORD Debug ZoneStatus() - End
                Jul-10 10:54:28 AM CONCORD Debug jvSetDeviceValue() - Setting Device (6) to 0
                Jul-10 10:54:28 AM CONCORD Debug Setting Panel Status to: 0
                Jul-10 10:54:28 AM CONCORD Debug InsertTracking() Enqueue: Zone (16), Now=1468166068, mSec=963, Event=Normal
                Jul-10 10:54:28 AM CONCORD Debug SetThisDeviceStatus() - Insert Tracking Event [Normal] for Zone (16)
                Jul-10 10:54:28 AM CONCORD Debug jvSetDeviceValue() - Setting Device (16) to 0
                Jul-10 10:54:28 AM CONCORD Debug ZoneStatus() - Trouble is clear on Zone 16
                Jul-10 10:54:28 AM CONCORD Debug ZoneStatus()- LIVINGROOMMOTIONDETECTOR (Zone# 16) is Not Bypassed
                Jul-10 10:54:28 AM CONCORD Debug ZoneStatus(16)-myZoneCondition = 00000000, bit0=0, bit1=0, bit2=0, bit3=0, bit4=0
                Jul-10 10:54:28 AM CONCORD Comm Rx ZoneStatus - 0721010000100039
                Jul-10 10:54:28 AM CONCORD Debug InsertTracking() Enqueue: Zone (201), Now=1468166068, mSec=599, Event=Panel Armed Stay from HS
                Jul-10 10:54:28 AM CONCORD Comm SendRequestToPanel - 054001000248
                Jul-10 10:54:28 AM Device Control Device: Security CONCORD Panel Control to Arm Stay (2) by/from: CAPI Control Handler
                Jul-10 10:54:25 AM CONCORD Debug ZoneStatus() - End
                Jul-10 10:54:25 AM CONCORD Debug jvSetDeviceValue() - Setting Device (6) to 0
                Jul-10 10:54:25 AM CONCORD Debug Setting Panel Status to: 0
                Jul-10 10:54:25 AM CONCORD Debug InsertTracking() Enqueue: Zone (16), Now=1468166065, mSec=995, Event=Faulted
                Jul-10 10:54:25 AM CONCORD Debug SetThisDeviceStatus() - Insert Tracking Event [Faulted] for Zone (16)
                Jul-10 10:54:25 AM CONCORD Debug jvSetDeviceValue() - Setting Device (16) to 100
                Jul-10 10:54:25 AM CONCORD Debug ZoneStatus() - Trouble is clear on Zone 16
                Jul-10 10:54:25 AM CONCORD Debug ZoneStatus()- LIVINGROOMMOTIONDETECTOR (Zone# 16) has Tripped
                Jul-10 10:54:25 AM CONCORD Debug ZoneStatus(16)-myZoneCondition = 00000001, bit0=1, bit1=0, bit2=0, bit3=0, bit4=0
                Jul-10 10:54:25 AM CONCORD Comm Rx ZoneStatus - 072101000010013A
                Jul-10 10:54:24 AM Z-Wave Device: Node 3 Z-Wave Power Set to 1881.6 (W)
                Jul-10 10:54:20 AM Z-Wave Device: Node 3 Z-Wave Power Set to 1881 (W)
                Jul-10 10:54:19 AM Z-Wave Device: Node 3 Z-Wave Power Set to 1892.16 (W)
                Jul-10 10:54:19 AM Z-Wave Device: Node 3 Z-Wave Power Set to 1882.56 (W)
                Jul-10 10:54:19 AM CONCORD Debug UpdateDB() - Update config set ComPort_field = "COM37", TCPaddr_field = "", TCPport_field = 0, Connection_field = "serial", UserCode_field = "4237", UserNumber_field = 1, MaxZones_field = 96, BaseHouseCode_field = "'", ConfigStep_field = 4, LogCom_field = 0, LogComHS_field = 1, LogHeaders_field = 0, LogHeadersHS_field = 0, LogTriggers_field = 0, LogTriggersHS_field = 0, LogJV_field = 0, LogJVHS_field = 1, SetClock_field = 1, UseSecurityCode_field = 1, SaveUserCode_field = 1, UserCodeExpireMinutes_field = 0, ConnectionSpeed_field = 57600, TrackingDays_field = 14, TrackingZoneFaults_field = 5, ClockFreq_field = 1, ConnectEnabled_field = 1, StayNoDelay_field = 0, Silent_field = 0, SupportRelay_field = 0
                Jul-10 10:54:19 AM CONCORD Debug UpdateDB() - SQL=Update config set ComPort_field = "COM37", TCPaddr_field = "", TCPport_field = 0, Connection_field = "serial", UserCode_field = "4237", UserNumber_field = 1, MaxZones_field = 96, BaseHouseCode_field = "'", ConfigStep_field = 4, LogCom_field = 0, LogComHS_field = 1, LogHeaders_field = 0, LogHeadersHS_field = 0, LogTriggers_field = 0, LogTriggersHS_field = 0, LogJV_field = 0, LogJVHS_field = 1, SetClock_field = 1, UseSecurityCode_field = 1, SaveUserCode_field = 1, UserCodeExpireMinutes_field = 0, ConnectionSpeed_field = 57600, TrackingDays_field = 14, TrackingZoneFaults_field = 5, ClockFreq_field = 1, ConnectEnabled_field = 1, StayNoDelay_field = 0, Silent_field = 0, SupportRelay_field = 0, OpenClose=True

Jul-10 10:54:06 AM CONCORD Error An unexpected error occurred in the Timer1_Elapsed function/subroutine: [System.ObjectDisposedException: Cannot access a disposed object. Object name: 'SQLiteConnection'. at System.Data.SQLite.SQLiteConnection.CheckDisposed() at System.Data.SQLite.SQLiteConnection.Close() at HSPI_CONCORD.dbModule.updateTrackingTable() at HSPI_CONCORD.devModule.Timer1_Elapsed(Object sender, ElapsedEventArgs e)]

(I xx-d out one instance of the user code...not sure I got them all.}

The Red entry at the very beginning of the log is new this time.

If I do need to activate QuickArm on the panel, I can try to find the user manual and do that.

Mike

Post Script: I see the Living Room Motion detector tripped while I was doing this...WAF is low at the moment. LOL And she is walking around doing "stuff". :-/

Comment

Also, not sure what you meant by:
                  "now that you know the arm command seq (from the SendPanel debug) try sending the same code via your virtual keypad and see if that works doing it that way"

I was able to successfully arm and disarm with behavior as expected using the Plugin virtual keypad, just as if I was in front of the alarm system keypad. Also, I tried entering the numerical sequence, from the virtual keypad, that is listed in the SendPanel log, and that just seemed to confuse the alarm system and didn't work.

Mike

Comment

Also, not sure what you meant by:
                    "now that you know the arm command seq (from the SendPanel debug) try sending the same code via your virtual keypad and see if that works doing it that way"

I was able to successfully arm and disarm with behavior as expected using the Plugin virtual keypad, just as if I was in front of the alarm system keypad. Also, I tried entering the numerical sequence, from the virtual keypad, that is listed in the SendPanel log, and that just seemed to confuse the alarm system and didn't work.

Mike
                    The numbers are the same as the keypad buttons (ie 05 = 5)

I see you sent an Arm Stay:
                    Jul-10 10:54:28 AM CONCORD Comm SendRequestToPanel - 054001000248
                    Jul-10 10:54:28 AM Device Control Device: Security CONCORD Panel Control to Arm Stay (2) by/from: CAPI Control Handler
                    I'm assuming it failed and asked you for the Usercode.

So it thinks you have Quick Arm, but I suspect you do not.
                    Try pressing 2 on your keypad (not virtual) and see if it arms. If not, Quick Arm is not configured. I default it as being configured in the PI, so that would be why it's not working for you. I'll look at why the panel is/isn't sending the quickarm user when started up.

Do you have the installer password to change the config?

Z

Comment

Yes, the arm stay failed and asked for the code.

Also, at your request, I tried 2 on the alarm keypad. It just asked for the user code. It doesn't have quickarm activated, and never has, to my knowledge, yet the concord plugin on HS2 worked without. Anyway, no, I don't have the installer code and don't really want to change it to quickarm unless I have to.

I'm willing to try some reinstalls, if needed.

Mike

Comment

Yes, the arm stay failed and asked for the code.

Also, at your request, I tried 2 on the alarm keypad. It just asked for the user code. It doesn't have quickarm activated, and never has, to my knowledge, yet the concord plugin on HS2 worked without. Anyway, no, I don't have the installer code and don't really want to change it to quickarm unless I have to.

I'm willing to try some reinstalls, if needed.

Mike
                        The problem is the PI, the panel doesn't identify correctly if it's configured for Quick Arm. I'll need to figure a way to make Quick Arm an option but still make it the default (so everyone else still works). I should have something shortly.

Z

Comment

Oh wow, ok. I'm more than willing to run some scenarios and send debug logs if needed.

Mike

Comment

Oh wow, ok. I'm more than willing to run some scenarios and send debug logs if needed.

Mike
                            I'm pretty sure what the problem is, just trying to find the best way to fix it for you without breaking it for everyone else that does have Quick Arm

To prove it, just go to the virtual keypad and enter:
                            2 -> Usercode
                            It should go to Arm Stay.

Z

Comment

Yes, 2-user code works as expected, as does 1-user code to disarm. Also, 2-user code-5 worked to silent arm, as expected. The HS3 keypad seems to work just like the alarm keypad, thankfully.

Mike

Comment

Working...
                              X