www.homeseer.com    

Go Back   HomeSeer Message Board > HomeSeer Products & Services > HomeSeer Help

HomeSeer Help Help, How-to's and Documentation

Old January 15th, 2017, 05:13 PM
Viewer

HS3.exe keeps terminating every 2-3 days! - Solved!

Hi,

I know HS3 is not "certified" to run in windows 10 jet even though its widly done.
I can't seem to find why HS3.exe terminates, and only way i notice is when automation stops.
Anyone that can point me along to find a solution?
Note! I´ve looked in event viewer and HS log files but no luck
Old January 16th, 2017, 12:00 AM
OverSeer

That's a tough one. I'm sorry to say that I have no answer (other than to use Windows 7 or Linux! ) but am responding any way to say that I've never seen this on windows 7 or WHS 2011 (Server 2008 R2) and to keep this thread from sinking into obscurity. Hopefully someone else can shed some light on this.
Old January 16th, 2017, 01:20 AM
Seer Deluxe

I have been running HS on Windows 10 since its release and have never seen an issue like you are reporting. Are you seeing that the hs3.exe process just disappears and is no longer showing up in the task manager?

Does it happen at a certain time of day or completely random?

If you check the log from when it last was running anything common there between times it happens?

Also you don't mention what version of HS you are currently running and what other plugins you might have going. Also any other software running on the machine or maybe an antivirus that is too aggressive?

Jeff
Old January 16th, 2017, 10:49 AM
OverSeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrimaryInc View Post
Hi,

I know HS3 is not "certified" to run in windows 10 jet even though its widly done.
I can't seem to find why HS3.exe terminates, and only way i notice is when automation stops.
Are there any errors in the windows event viewer?
Old January 16th, 2017, 11:23 AM
Super Seer

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrimaryInc View Post
Hi,

Did you maybe choose to "run as service" during the installation? This option is creating a task in the taskplanner. This task has an error, it is set to terminate if it runs longer than 3 days. I found this out for a friend this weekend.
It is an error on the initial installation of HS3.

if you edit the task in taskplanner, untick the mark to stop this task if it is running for more then 3 days on the tab "settings" and you should be good to go.

Wim

Plugins:RFXCOM, HSTouch Server, Squeezebox, BLGData, Restart, Jon00's Perfmon and Network monitor, WeatherXML, BLBackup, TenScripting, BC4, Pushover, PHLocation, JowiHue, Zwave, Sonos
650 devices ---- 336 events ----- 40 scripts
Old January 16th, 2017, 06:52 PM
Viewer

Quote:
Originally Posted by S-F View Post
That's a tough one. I'm sorry to say that I have no answer (other than to use Windows 7 or Linux! ) but am responding any way to say that I've never seen this on windows 7 or WHS 2011 (Server 2008 R2) and to keep this thread from sinking into obscurity. Hopefully someone else can shed some light on this.
Thanks for answering Wim solution seems to be the correct one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cerjzc View Post
I have been running HS on Windows 10 since its release and have never seen an issue like you are reporting. Are you seeing that the hs3.exe process just disappears and is no longer showing up in the task manager?

Does it happen at a certain time of day or completely random?

If you check the log from when it last was running anything common there between times it happens?

Also you don't mention what version of HS you are currently running and what other plugins you might have going. Also any other software running on the machine or maybe an antivirus that is too aggressive?

Jeff
Thanks for answering HS3 Seems the Wim have the solution for me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rupp View Post
Are there any errors in the windows event viewer?
Thanks for answering No there is no error in event viewer. See Wim solution under.

Quote:
Originally Posted by w.vuyk View Post
Did you maybe choose to "run as service" during the installation? This option is creating a task in the taskplanner. This task has an error, it is set to terminate if it runs longer than 3 days. I found this out for a friend this weekend.
It is an error on the initial installation of HS3.

if you edit the task in taskplanner, untick the mark to stop this task if it is running for more then 3 days on the tab "settings" and you should be good to go.

Wim
And thank you Wim, you are right on the money. This has been so irritation you dont even know I followed your solution and will test Far as i can see your solution will fix my issue.
Old January 17th, 2017, 08:32 PM
Seer

Thank you for posting this. I was beginning to think that my Windows 10 Pro/HS3Pro system was headed south. Every three days, boom.