www.homeseer.com    

Go Back   HomeSeer Message Board > Security Systems Plug-ins > Security System Discussion > Concord 4 Security Panel Plug-in (3P)

Concord 4 Security Panel Plug-in (3P) Discussions related to the third party GE Concord security panel plugin.

Old January 30th, 2017, 04:34 PM
Viewer

Concord 4 EEPROM help!!

Like many other people I moved into a new home with Concord 4 and I don't know any of the codes. We do not have service with it but my wife likes the notifications when you open doors and windows. Somehow the system got put in STAY status and cant turn it off so I just have the system unplugged now. I have contacted the previous owner and they don't remember there codes. I have tried many other solutions suggested on the forums with no luck. I recently got an EEPROM reader and set everything up. I have inserted the EEPROM the way everyone said and read the data. Unfortunately when I pull it up in a hex reader i don't have 0x3E2 or 0x3E5. After not being able to find this I read the EEPROM in all 4 positions on from the reader and still no luck. It is a 24C256 EEPROM. Any other suggestions?

I have uploaded the read file.
Attached Files
File Type: zip EEPROM.zip (5.7 KB, 14 views)
Old January 31st, 2017, 07:16 AM
Seer Deluxe

OK.

So first off, I don't have any experience with EEPROM readers. I would like to know what the model/make your reader is for future ref.

That way I can check out the manual for more information. Let's see what we can come up with. Maybe there is a different read mode?

I think this can benefit all so I'm willing to figure it out (and doc) with you if you have the time.

Obviously, you've tried "1111", "1234", etc... ;o)

Matt

1. I also found this that I'm not sure anyone has tried. Shorting the Mem - CLR on the mb with a small screwdriver while powering up may clear the system memory. I would be very careful here as non-tested!

2. Another good EEPROM function would be to clone your chip.

3. I tried opening in PonyProg. s/w

4. Reading it with 32k? If no, reread as 32k and attach an updated .hex

5. Did you try 1001 or 6000 as the Master Code? ;o)
3P-Plugins Admin: GE Concord HS3, Venstar tStat HS3 (beta)
Scripts: n/a
Server: Win8 (64bit), Intel i5-4670 3.4Ghz, Asus Z87i MB, 16GB RAM, 256GB SSD/1TB SATA

Last edited by mattm55; January 31st, 2017 at 02:06 PM. Reason: Update Again and again
Old February 1st, 2017, 08:39 AM
Seer Deluxe

A very difficult process to undertake without the relevant knowledge.

I'd suggest a search on ebay for a used panel with known codes and remove the eeprom and drop it into your currently mounted board.Quite a few cheap used panels on ebay at the moment.

A lot less trouble and worth the extra few dollars and your time of course.
Old February 2nd, 2017, 08:32 AM
Seer Deluxe

Quote:
Originally Posted by concordseer View Post
A very difficult process to undertake without the relevant knowledge.

I'd suggest a search on ebay for a used panel with known codes and remove the eeprom and drop it into your currently mounted board.Quite a few cheap used panels on ebay at the moment.

A lot less trouble and worth the extra few dollars and your time of course.
Yes, that would be my recommendation too but this topic has come up many times before and it would be great to get a documented procedure for recovering the Master PW.

So, I don't want to take my working system and remove the eeprom to test but if we have a user that is willing to experiment first before going the donor board route, that would be awesome.

1. Remove
2. Read with "x" eeprom reader to file
3. Use Hex viewer to read file location "xx"
4. Replace or even clone eeprom

Just my $.02. For those that aren't up for this can try to get the board with codes and replace. That I agree.

*I've even thought about doc the Toolbox s/w but that seems convoluted to me. Getting a compatible modem (cheap) isn't an easy task. The TB s/w is readily available.

Matt ;o)
Old February 17th, 2017, 02:09 PM
OverSeer

sorry guys ive been away for a long time.. i could of helped with this... LOL..

so a while back I setup my system then forgot the codes to get into it. Didnt know what to do or how to reset it.

I thought of doing something and it worked... (didnt do it today but this is remembering from a while ago)

not sure what order to do this in...
but
  • Unplug battery backup
  • Unplug AC adapter
  • Remove EPROM

let sit for 10-30 minutes... plug eprom back in, battery and power.. viola... system reset to factory!!!!!!!!!!!!!

now I think it reset to factory but not on the devices only user logins, etc back to factory....

HS - HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.344

Plugins - BLLAN 2.0.35.0 | BLRF 2.0.91.0 | Concord 4 3.1.13.7 | FitbitSeer 0.2.0.0 | HSTouch Server 3.0.0.68 | RFXCOM 30.0.0.35 | X10 3.0.0.36 | Z-Wave 3.0.1.130

Hardware - EdgePort/4 DB9 Serial | RFXCOM 433MHz USB Transceiver | Superbus 2000 for Concord 4 | TI103 X-10 Interface | WGL Designs W800 RF | Z-Troller Z-Wave Interface