Does Not Add Devices

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Does Not Add Devices

I Added The Plugin To control An Existing RA2 System. It Connects But Does Not Add Devices When You Press Add Devices. Any Suggestions To The Cause Of The Problem.

Can you please add more information, did you change the IP adresse, is the port is 23

can you copy the log

don
    Originally posted by jhebbard View Post
    I Added The Plugin To control An Existing RA2 System. It Connects But Does Not Add Devices When You Press Add Devices. Any Suggestions To The Cause Of The Problem.

Comment

Did this issue ever get resolved? I'm new to HS3 and am trying to setup a Radio RA2 Select system, but I'm seeing the same thing. Clicking the "Systems Create All New Devices That Do't Exist" button doesn't do anything significant. This is all I see in the logs:

Dec 05 20:49:05 helios mono[435]: GetPagePlugin name: LutronRA2Config
      Dec 05 20:49:05 helios mono[435]: testbuttonoButtonCB2 ButtonCB2
      Dec 05 20:49:05 helios mono[435]: else rebuilding ButtonCB2oButtonCB2
      Dec 05 20:51:02 helios mono[435]: 01:51:02:9125:[LutronRA2 Warning]->Lost connection with Telnet
      Dec 05 20:51:02 helios mono[435]: 01:51:02:9182:[LutronRA2 ERROR]->Error Creating device process stop :The request timed out
      Dec 05 20:51:03 helios mono[435]: Connected to 192.168.86.5:23
      Dec 05 20:51:04 helios mono[435]: Start Telnet: 23
      Dec 05 20:51:04 helios mono[435]: 01:51:04:4638:[LutronRA2]->connected to the telnet IP address: 192.168.86.5Port: 23
      Dec 05 20:51:04 helios mono[435]: 01:51:04:4672:[LutronRA2]->Now try to Log in Lutron
      Dec 05 20:51:06 helios mono[435]: lutron
      Dec 05 20:51:06 helios mono[435]: SENT User: lutron
      Dec 05 20:51:07 helios mono[435]: integration
      Dec 05 20:51:07 helios mono[435]: SENT Password: integration
      Dec 05 20:51:07 helios mono[435]: Connected to 192.168.86.5:23
      Dec 05 20:51:07 helios mono[435]: 01:51:07:2914:[LutronRA2]->Telnet Login succesfull

It looks like it's timing out on the telnet connection, but I don't know why it would be.

Comment

Can You have access to the xml configuration from your computer?

Comment

Do you mean the XML port on the Radio RA2 Select main repeater? That seems to be timing out. Interesting... I don't see any options to turn that functionality on from the Lutron phone app. I do see the telnet option and it's enabled, but nothing in here about the XML API. Let me see if I can reboot the main repeater and get port 80 to respond.

Comment

Go there http://www.lutron.com/TechnicalDocum...action_FAQ.pdf and follow the instruction: Can I extract an XML file from a walk-around programmed
            RadioRA 2 system?
            You need to use ghee old explorer not the Edge

Comment

... the first sentence in the answer to that question is "No." That doesn't seem promising. Is the plugin expecting that XML file to be available in order to decode the connected devices or something? I thought it was supposed to get that info from the telnet interface?

This is sounding like the plugin is going to be outright incompatible with Radio RA2 Select systems. Won't all of them be considered "walk-around", and therefore not be generating that XML output?

Comment

Does your system was program with the software?

The XML file is generated by the Main Repeater based on the database that is transferred from the RadioRA 2 software, therefore it may only be extracted from a system programmed with the RadioRA 2 software. A walk-around programmed RadioRA 2 system does not generate an XML file.

Comment

We can't import from the telnet, we need the xml

Comment

It sounds like I'm not going to be able to use this plugin unfortunately. I'm not an authorized Lutron rep, I'm just a guy that owns a house and is installing himself a Radio RA2 Select system. These aren't programmed by the Radio RA2 software, I'm doing everything via phone app. I don't even think I can get that software.

Comment

It looks like my main repeater isn't even listening on port 80. For reference, here's what NMAP says are open for ports:

Nmap scan report for lutron-01f158ea.lan (192.168.86.5)
                      Host is up (0.018s latency).
                      Not shown: 65529 filtered ports
                      PORT STATE SERVICE
                      22/tcp open ssh
                      23/tcp open telnet
                      3490/tcp closed colubris
                      4548/tcp open synchromesh
                      8081/tcp open blackice-icecap
                      8083/tcp open us-srv

I tried all those high port numbers and none of them seem to be http services. I didn't look more into it past seeing that they didn't respond in a browser and that I couldn't get the ssh port to log me in.

Are there known users with RA2 Select rather than traditional RA2? If so, how are they using this plugin? Did they all get professional installations by someone using the config tool that is only supposed to be available to certified installers? Does that app somehow enable the service that's supposed to be running on port 80?

Comment

if you have the Select you need to use the Caseta plugin and create one device with the id that you can find in the integration report in the apps of your phone

Comment

Working...
                        X