Discussions related to HomeSeer Beta builds 3.0.0.369->3.0.0.423

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by concordseer View Post
    I'm assuming you are taking that memory usage figure from Tools-About Homeseer from the web Api page.

I didn't even know you could find that there. I'm looking at the task manager, which right now says 97 M. The about homeseer page says 152 MB. Interesting discrepancy right there.
    Originally posted by rprade
    There is no rhyme or reason to the anarchy a defective Z-Wave device can cause

Comment

Originally posted by concordseer View Post
      I'm assuming you are taking that memory usage figure from Tools-About Homeseer from the web Api page.
      More clues please, how does one get to it?
      Computer: CUK Intel NUC7i7BNH
      Op System: Windows10 Pro - Work Station
      HS Version: HS4 Pro Edition 4.2.19.0

Plug-Ins: AK Weather 4.0.5.25,APCUPSD 3.3.2.3,BLBackup 2.0.63.0,BLEditor 2.0.11.0,BLGData 3.0.55.0,BLOccupied 2.0.28.0,BLShutdown 1.0.6.0,Blue-Iris 3.1.3.33206,Device History 3.2.0.2,EasyTrigger 3.0.0.76,Harmony Hub 4.0.14.0,iRobot 5.22.41.1,JowiHue 4.0.8.7,Nest 3.0.0.34,NetCam Plugin 1.0.0.5,PHLocation2 3.0.0.64,Pushover 4.0.10.0,Random 3.0.0.2,Restart 1.0.0.7,Ring 1.0.0.9,SDJ-Health 3.1.1.3,Sonos 3.1.0.59,Sonos4 4.0.1.12,UltraCID3 3.0.6681.34300,UltraMon3 3.0.6554.33094,UltraNetCam3 3.0.6413.20219,Unifi 4.0.32.0,Zigbee 4.0.11.0,Z-Wave 4.0.3.0, and Jon00 scripts.

Comment

Originally posted by MNB View Post
        More clues please, how does one get to it?
        Does this answer your question?
        Attached Files

Comment

Ok ... I should have looked before leaping. I did not associated API page to the same the "about Home. Now that I'm on the same page "no pun indented" I agree with you Colin there seems to be minor differences when comparing between Windows Resource Monitor and the API page and look at HS3.exe for instance Average CPU 1.3 and the memory for working set is 898,312 kb as they do move around real time. Mike
          Attached Files
          Computer: CUK Intel NUC7i7BNH
          Op System: Windows10 Pro - Work Station
          HS Version: HS4 Pro Edition 4.2.19.0

Plug-Ins: AK Weather 4.0.5.25,APCUPSD 3.3.2.3,BLBackup 2.0.63.0,BLEditor 2.0.11.0,BLGData 3.0.55.0,BLOccupied 2.0.28.0,BLShutdown 1.0.6.0,Blue-Iris 3.1.3.33206,Device History 3.2.0.2,EasyTrigger 3.0.0.76,Harmony Hub 4.0.14.0,iRobot 5.22.41.1,JowiHue 4.0.8.7,Nest 3.0.0.34,NetCam Plugin 1.0.0.5,PHLocation2 3.0.0.64,Pushover 4.0.10.0,Random 3.0.0.2,Restart 1.0.0.7,Ring 1.0.0.9,SDJ-Health 3.1.1.3,Sonos 3.1.0.59,Sonos4 4.0.1.12,UltraCID3 3.0.6681.34300,UltraMon3 3.0.6554.33094,UltraNetCam3 3.0.6413.20219,Unifi 4.0.32.0,Zigbee 4.0.11.0,Z-Wave 4.0.3.0, and Jon00 scripts.

Comment

Yes in Linux you are not able to see the Plug-In Memory used via the about GUI page.

In Windows I would always statically configure the cache size to be twice the size of the RAM. 8Gb of RAM would be 16Gb of cache RAM and put this cache RAM on the second partition (not sure if this made it work better?).

I compare here the HomeSeer Memory Used: 114 Mbytes to what I see in HTop which is the same number as HSConsole.exe.

Note the 114Mb's used is after one day. After 11 days I was at around 140Mb which really isn't much.

With HTop see the individual utilization of each plugin being utilized. You can add those numbers up to get a total of plugin memory utilized.

Next also look at the total memory utilized / total memory present (hard number RAM) and as much documentation states do not pay much attention to virtual memory used.

This number though is related to all processes utilization rather than just Homeseer. (IE: some extra stuff that I am running on the HS3 Lite box are mySQL, SAMBA, Apache 2, et al).

The issues that I am seeing with the threads here (relating to running HS3 in Linux) is that the HSConsole application starts to approach the total RAM of the RPI and eventually breaks HS3. The why piece is the unknown. I have seen the same running HS3 on an iSeries 3 / 16Gb of RAM with Homeseer exceeding 100% utilization for days with HS3 never breaking though.

Saw something similar when running just the ZWave plugin remotely (mono zwave serverIP) with first generation of Jessie Lite (on the RPi2). It would run for a month or so and run out of memory. I had been doing same running Wheezy and not seeing any issues. The RPi2 was POE connected and mounted in the Attic which was sort of a PITA to get to. I redid that RPi2 to reinstalling a base of Wheezy and using sertonet for the ZWave GPIO card. It's been running so well that I added a 1-wire 9097 network to it...kept running fine such that I also run Domoticz on the same RPi2.

Been testing HS3 lite on two computers; one ARM (with 2Gb of RAM) and one AMD (with 2Gb of RAM) with both running Ubuntu 16.04 64bit.

In the last couple of day been configuring an RPi2 - Wheezy/Jessie with HS3 Lite to see the difference which is mostly related to having 1Gb of RAM and running a quad core ARM CPU. I have updated this built to Mono V5.X. It is the old Wheezy base RPi2 that I am using for running CumulusMX.
            Last edited by Pete; November 5, 2017, 11:53 AM.
            - Pete

Auto mator
            Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
            Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro
            HS4 Lite - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenovo Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram

HS4 Pro - V4.1.18.1 - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
            HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

Note: I mistakenly stated the upgrade was from 368 to 382. It was actually 379 to 382. My bad. (I am not going to update the labels in the attachments ...)

Here are memory usage charts from my ZeeS2 test system. A simple configuration on a ZeeS2 running only Z-Wave and HSBuddy as Plug-ins. There is not much going on in the zwave network; a single fibaro door sensor with a temperature monitor is the only zwave device powered on.

The data in the attached charts is for the past ~36 hours @ 10 minute interval sample. This time interval takes my system through the 379 to 382 upgrade. 382 has been running for about 26 hours in these charts.

Data was created with the Linux ps -aux command (calling a Linux shell script from a HS event every 10 minutes. The shell script source is shown in the charts. Data for each task was extracted from the master log file by using grep to extract data for each task and importing into Google Sheets to create the graphs.)

A couple of observations:
              - HSConsole.exe - memory usage increase noted since installing 382, but then released a sizable chunk of memory just before this overall data snapshot. Not quite down to where it started ...
              - HSZWave - memory usage seems to increase at a relatively slow rate, but continues to only increase.
              - HSBuddy.exe - also increases. Note the system restart and upgrade had hardly any effect on its overall memory use. I checked the plug-in configuration settings: Logging="Info", History=0day,12hrs,0min; checked-Include devices. Perhaps this plugin is not deleting historical data after 12 hrs?

My next step is to disable HSBuddy to see if it has any effect on the other mono-run processes.
              (EDIT: When disabling HSBuddy, I found that an update is available. I was running 3.4.316.2, and it says 3.5.1029.11 is available. So I've downloaded and am restarting my system with the newer version of HSbuddy enabled.)

-- Ernie
              --------------
              mono -V
              Mono JIT compiler version 4.5.1 (master/9db20c4 Fri May 13 15:41:42 EDT 2016)

Current Date/Time: 11/5/2017 11:23:28 AM
              HomeSeer Version: HS3 ZEE S2 Edition 3.0.0.382
              Linux version: Linux HTZeeS2V2-4015 4.1.19-v7+ #858 SMP Tue Mar 15 15:56:00 GMT 2016 armv7l GNU/Linux System Uptime: 1 Day 2 Hours 56 Minutes 46 Seconds
              IP Address: 192.168.0.121
              Number of Devices: 14
              Number of Events: 25
              Available Threads: 388
              HSTouch Enabled: True
              Event Threads: 163
              Event Trigger Eval Queue: 0
              Event Trigger Priority Eval Queue: 0
              Device Exec Queue: 0
              HSTouch Event Queue: 0
              Email Send Queue: 0
              Anti Virus Installed:

Enabled Plug-Ins
              3.4.316.2: HSBuddy
              3.0.1.130: Z-Wave
              ---------------------
              Attached Files
              Last edited by efrey; November 5, 2017, 02:05 PM. Reason: incorrectly stated upgrade from 368 to 382. Actually 379 to 382. Also adding HSBuddy version info ... found update available.

Comment

just noticed using timers in events do crash and kill HS in some cases on linux

Comment

Just to confirm that there is definitely something within logging causing the memory leak.
                  Was up to 6gb memory used. Closed HS3, opened it again, then disabled logging. Within an hour, total memory used dropped down to almost normal levels (around 1.8Gb for everything loaded) - after another 2 days, its only up by 300mb.

Comment

It's a new day. HS still says 152 MB. Task manager says 94 MB. I call BS on the HS about page stats.

Comment

A quick update from the memory usage charts I posted yesterday.
                      The chart below shows, on a single graph, the RSS memory usage of the three mono-run tasks on my SEE-S2.
                      The two major inflection points are:
                      @sample#60: upgrade HS release from 379 to 382
                      @sample#230: updgrade HSbuddy from 3.4.316.2 to 3.5.1029.11
                      In both cases the system was powered down and rebooted.
                      My system configuration hasn't changed from what I noted a couple of posts ago.

It appears that HSbuddy upgrade significantly changed the behavior of HSConsole.exe's memory use -- for the better.
                      Not sure why the ZWave process took a big jump at about sample#315 (~4am in the morning)...nothing was going on with my single z-wave device connected to the system.

Conclusions???:
                      - zwave grew from 78484 to 79428 before jumping to 89700 and then climbed to 91516. (a slow memory leak? Why the big jump?)
                      - This data indicates plugins can significantly impact the behavior of the overall system.

Next step -- disable the HSbuddy plugin, reboot the system and continue my measurements.
                      Attached Files

Comment

FWIW ... to complete the sharing of my test results ... here is the memory usage with nothing running but HSConsole and ZWave since this morning.

The dip at about sample #350 was caused when I disabled the HSbuddy plugin and rebooted the system.

I did not expect the HSConsole memory usage to be higher than the previous period. It seems to be a bit smoother, but nothing else jumps out at me. This last run also indicates that the HSbuddy plugin doesn't have as much impact as the previous run could have indicated.

The only thing running in HS is a counter that triggers an event every 10 min to collect memory usage date. Logging has been enabled throughout all these runs.

Unless I see significantly different data in the morning ... that is all I plan to run and post for now.

-- Ernie
                        ---------------
                        Current Date/Time: 11/6/2017 8:25:10 PM
                        HomeSeer Version: HS3 ZEE S2 Edition 3.0.0.382
                        Linux version: Linux HTZeeS2V2-4015 4.1.19-v7+ #858 SMP Tue Mar 15 15:56:00 GMT 2016 armv7l GNU/Linux System Uptime: 0 Days 11 Hours 15 Minutes 40 Seconds
                        IP Address: 192.168.0.121
                        Number of Devices: 14
                        Number of Events: 25
                        Available Threads: 391
                        HSTouch Enabled: True
                        Event Threads: 67
                        Event Trigger Eval Queue: 0
                        Event Trigger Priority Eval Queue: 0
                        Device Exec Queue: 0
                        HSTouch Event Queue: 0
                        Email Send Queue: 0
                        Anti Virus Installed:

Enabled Plug-Ins
                        3.0.1.130: Z-Wave
                        Attached Files

Comment

Discussions related to HomeSeer Beta builds 3.0.0.369->3.0.0.382

Ok, finished retooling my internal network at home and have some time to throw a wrench at my setup. I upgraded HS3 to 3.0.0.382 on my rig:

RPI 3
                          Raspbian Lite
                          Mono 3.12 (I will be upgrading this after I get a system image of the drive and run export events in Labs.)
                          HS3 standard for Linux

specs are below. Notice the date is way off clock seems dead on:

I checked the system clock and it looks good. also checked the log and it looks right as well.

I should have time to export the events, take an image of the drive, update mono, delete all old events, and re-import the events tomorrow after training. I will see if time problem gets resolved there after.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                          Attached Files
                          Last edited by Kerat; November 7, 2017, 02:44 AM.

Comment

Are you using a Raspberry Pi. It looks like your Locales are incorrectly set for your region. If you sudo raspi-config from a terminal session you can set the correct Locales.

Comment

Mono 3.12 (I will be upgrading this after I get a system image of the drive and run export events in Labs.)

Thinking Rich did implement the import/export of events in Labs and did also acknowledge that it doesn't work correctly.

The Raspberian OS shift has gone from Wheezy to Jessie to Stretch.

The RPi3 Zee2 image is using Jessie Lite and not sure on the Mono version.

Currently here utilizing recent mono build (5.X) on all ARM based computers that need Mono. (Homeseer and Cumulus).

While you are using the raspi-config program you might want to lessen the video resources unless you are using the RPi desktop GUI.

Early on with the use of the RPi2 - Wheezy builds purchased PiFace RTCs for these RPi's. Well it was a shim that fit between the ZWave GPIO pins and the base of the RPi2. In to time here.

I really just wanted the time to be sync'd before connecting to the Internet.

Testing here day #3 on an ARM CPU and just having a look see at HTop running. Not logging to graphs. I do not see any issues so far.

Note last test HSConsole memory ebbed slowly to around 146Mb after 11 days. ZWave plugin memory waxes and wanes.
                              Day zero (minutes) was showing HSConsole at 108Mb.

Concurrently rebuilding another RPi to test with.

[ATTACH]64315[/ATTACH]
                              Last edited by Pete; November 7, 2017, 08:09 AM.
                              - Pete

Auto mator
                              Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
                              Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro
                              HS4 Lite - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenovo Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram

HS4 Pro - V4.1.18.1 - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
                              HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

If you are seeing a memory leak can you please update to build 383 and see if there is any change.

I did find a thread in HSTouch that was allocating memory every 10 seconds and it might not have been freed. That is fixed in build 383 which is posted.

https://forums.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=181241
                                💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Working...
                                X