Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Speak not working for wav files.

Hi,

I want to use the announcements (the one like http://{hs2 server and port}/squeezebox/SpeakIn.wav) but at this point it always gives me a failure. (i can play it fine on the machine itself)

I cannot play this file in squeezecenter too when i say "tune to url" however if i tune into a single mp3 file online somewhere it works withouth any issues.

Some how its not letting me play wav files it seems.

In the settings of SBS in advanced/file types. I can see the wav section where it says for wav:

Flac = Sox
    Mp3 = disabled
    Pcm = own (from sbs self i presume)

Am i missing something here? basicly could somebody take a look too and see what settings they have, perhaps i am missing some linux packages to do a proper wav file playback.

Thanks in advance.

p.s. i thought about using this for playing something like "rain.mp3" when there is rain coming. But i cant use this function. Instead i said, "save playlist, then play file, then reinsert the save playedlist"

This didn't work, it stops the current list (clears it because of the play) it also saves the playlist, but it does not allow me to insert it back again. This is how it looks:
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Snelvuur; July 24, 2010, 05:45 PM.

Have you checked the Windows Media file type as well and/or attempted to play any other wav file on the SB player? I am also not sure about wav files on Linux... have you checked the Slimdevices forum? Have you tried also entering "http://{hs2 server and port}/squeezebox/SpeakIn.wav" in a browser on the Linux machine (or a wget if you have that command installed) to ensure it can get the file from the HS2 server.

If you want to insert entries into the now playing list, play them and restore the previous track, have a look at "scripts\squeezebox_announce.vb" that ships with the plug-in.

Comment

the wget works locally on the linux machine, so access is fine. all other wave files i tried didn't work either. I'll check the slimdevices forum too.

I'll check the announce.vb , i did check that one out too but it gave me some weird end results.. i'll try harder.

On the other hand, i assume somebody is bound to created a example like that where they just want to insert a sound, and continue the playlist. Since the example script does more then just play a file. And it does refer to wav files again so i am uncertain if i can use mp3's instead.

-- snip ---

About that script, i found one though.

http://www.domoticaforum.eu/viewtopic.php?f=47&t=3768

Does 95% what i want, so should be good to go.
      Last edited by Snelvuur; July 30, 2010, 06:06 AM.

Comment

Seems i have more issues, regarding the wav files. After changing the max bitrate i was able to play those wav files but the script i found does not for instance work with a playlist thats on a player already when its stopped (so if i play a sound through it and it was stopped, it start playing the playlist again) i think i need to check that example from you again pcp, but the location of the files might be a bit different then others i believe.

Comment

After some help from the Squeezebox forum, a very helpfull person walked through a bunch of issues/problems it could be. Turns out in the end that because i am running linux 64bits that you also need to install the "ia32-libs" package for ubuntu (i assume debian maybe others too) this solved my issue for not playing wav files without rate limiting them.

Now i can get back to that example to just play a random mp3 (or wav now too) on a event. (squeezebox_announce.vb this one)

Comment

Great news! Thanks for the update.

Comment

Working...
            X