Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What IR solution are you using with HS3?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What IR solution are you using with HS3?

Guys,
    Can you list what IR solution you are using with HS3 please and how well it's working for you.
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Hi Greg,

I'm using Global Cache GC100-12's with Ultra's plugin. Works great.

Cheers
    Al
    HS 4.2.8.0: 2134 Devices 1252 Events
    Z-Wave 3.0.10.0: 133 Nodes on one Z-Net

Comment

Been trying to determine what works best for me.

Currently using a Global Cache iTach with the Ultra GCIR3 plugin. Working great including very smooth volume control on HS Touch. I use all three IR ports to control different Samsung TVs.

Nice thing about the iTach is that it is IP controlled and I can use HS - Ultra GCIR3 and Roomie remote with the same iTach. I haven't seen any conflicts. The Roomie remote's ir library is very versatile.

Still need to figure out reliable relays and GPIO, so I am also going to look at a GC iTach Flex possibly with the Relay and sensor cable.

Kind of bummed that the BC4 plugin won't be ported to HS3. The BC4 was very versitile and reliable. I know that there is a plugin for the ir so I may need to use that as I have one ir remote the that iTach won't capture. Trying to figure it out but I think that the frequency is too high.

DSteiNeuro
      DSteiNeuro

HS3Pro

MSI Cubi Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-5200U CPU @ 2.20GHz, 2201 Mhz, 2 Core(s), 4 Logical Processor(s) 16GB DDRl RAM

Enabled Plug-Ins
      BLRussound, BLSpeech, HSTouch Server, JowiHue, MyQ, Nest, Rain8, Squeezebox, Ultra1Wire3, UltraGCIR3, Vista Alarm, X10,Z-Wave

Comment

I am only using two for my mr slim air conditioner - Remotec Z-Wave ZXT-120 IR Extender for Air Conditioners. It works very well once I figured out the correct code for my mr slim unit. I have two of them and they control the units in the living room and bedroom. I have them set in events to turn the air conditioner on if the temp reaches a certain point. I have different set points for day and night. I also have the event set up so if it is after 9 PM it turns the bedroom air conditioner on in quiet mode. My next move will be to add window sensors so the air conditioner only comes on if the windows are closed.

Comment

IrTrans, working with no problems.

tenholde
          tenholde

Comment

Originally posted by sparkman View Post
            I'm using Global Cache GC100-12's with Ultra's plugin. Works great.
            Same here, very reliable so far.

Also tried GC iTach Flex w/ the same plugin, but at the time it didn't work well (3rd port couldn't be changed from a blaster).
            HW: HS3 w/ Win8.1 on ASRock C2550d4i. Digi AnywhereUSB, Hubport, Edgeport, UZB, Z-trollers, PLCBUS, SONOS, GC-100, iTach IP2SL, WF2IR, IP2IR, RFXtrx433, Harmony Hubs, Hue, Ademco Vista 128BP, NetAtmo, NetAtmo Welcome

Google Search for HomeSeer Forum

Comment

Using GC's with the Drule IP and serial plugin. Works great (fast and reliable) also for my serial connection to Russound.

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk

Comment

I'm using a USB-UIRT (With BLUSBUIRT) on an extension lead, as the HS3 pc is in a different room. You can get these with two sensors to pick up different IR frequencies. It works very well with my AV equipment, but long term I would prefer a different solution to get rid of the USB cable.
                Win 11 Pro | HS4 Pro | Z wave plug in with UZB1 | BLUSBUIRT 2.0.11.0 | RFXtrx433 | Blue Iris CCTV | VU+ 4k with motorised dish | Emby | Hi-Phone HS2 | ESP32 with WLED |

Comment

I use the USB-UIRT plus a radio shack IR extender in order to have the UIRT control two rooms. Since the UIRT has three distinct zones I could in theory add a third room, but I can't seem to find a wireless IR extenders that don't all work on the same frequency so if I get another it won't be distinct from the first one and the IR signals will go to both rooms that have extenders set up.

In addition to the two rooms I have IR control in, I'd like to add two more. So I'm glad this thread was started so I can see what others are doing.

Comment

Originally posted by LeoS View Post
                    Also tried GC iTach Flex w/ the same plugin, but at the time it didn't work well (3rd port
                    couldn't be changed from a blaster).
                    Anyone having success with the iTach Flex and the Ultra plug in?
                    Also any success with the Ultra plug in with the relay and sensor cable?

DSteiNeuro
                    DSteiNeuro

HS3Pro

MSI Cubi Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-5200U CPU @ 2.20GHz, 2201 Mhz, 2 Core(s), 4 Logical Processor(s) 16GB DDRl RAM

Enabled Plug-Ins
                    BLRussound, BLSpeech, HSTouch Server, JowiHue, MyQ, Nest, Rain8, Squeezebox, Ultra1Wire3, UltraGCIR3, Vista Alarm, X10,Z-Wave

Comment

Originally posted by DSteiNeuro View Post
                      Anyone having success with the iTach Flex and the Ultra plug in?
                      Also any success with the Ultra plug in with the relay and sensor cable?

DSteiNeuro
                      The iTach Flex - IR is fully compatible with the UltraGCIR3 HSPI. I am still waiting for Global Cache to update their TCP API to support the iTach relay and sensor cable. It was supposed to be released soon.

Regards,
                      Ultrajones
                      Plug-ins: UltraMon, UltraM1G, UltraCID, Ultra1Wire, UltraLog, UltraWeatherBug, UltraPioneerAVR, UltraGCIR

Comment

Originally posted by Ultrajones View Post
                        The iTach Flex - IR is fully compatible with the UltraGCIR3 HSPI. I am still waiting for Global Cache to update their TCP API to support the iTach relay and sensor cable. It was supposed to be released soon.

Regards,
                        Ultrajones
                        Does it support iTach Flex with 3 (regular) emitters? Last time I tried, the third port was 'stuck' in blaster mode...
                        HW: HS3 w/ Win8.1 on ASRock C2550d4i. Digi AnywhereUSB, Hubport, Edgeport, UZB, Z-trollers, PLCBUS, SONOS, GC-100, iTach IP2SL, WF2IR, IP2IR, RFXtrx433, Harmony Hubs, Hue, Ademco Vista 128BP, NetAtmo, NetAtmo Welcome

Google Search for HomeSeer Forum

Comment

Originally posted by Ultrajones View Post

Regards,
                          Ultrajones
                          Great, thanks. Let us know when the relay and sensor cable is supported. It will be a great option.
                          DSteiNeuro

HS3Pro

Enabled Plug-Ins

Comment

Originally posted by LeoS View Post
                            Does it support iTach Flex with 3 (regular) emitters? Last time I tried, the third port was 'stuck' in blaster mode...
                            Yes, confirmed.
                            Plug-ins: UltraMon, UltraM1G, UltraCID, Ultra1Wire, UltraLog, UltraWeatherBug, UltraPioneerAVR, UltraGCIR

Comment

GC WF2IR with Ultra's plug-in. A great solution.

Comment

Working...
                              X