This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Insteon Plug in is Unreliable for Me

Well I give up. I've spent way too much time trying to troubleshoot the Insteon Plug in for Home Seer. Some events function from time-to-time. Others do not function at all. Maybe it's my physical Home Seer device, or maybe it's the software. At this point I have come to the conclusion that it does not matter. My Insteon devices do trigger each other directly the way they are supposed to, but they do not reliably trigger via the Insteon plugin for Home Seer. My system of using Simply Automated CM01 devices in tandem with low voltage outputs from insteon modules works perfectly every time. Those take up space and cost more than I'd like, but at least they work reliably.

Sorry to hear you are having trouble. Typically these kind of issues are related to the quality of the insteon mess network (powerline and RF) in your home. Messages have to travel further to get to the Interface (ie Hub, plm) in order for the plugin/hs to react and network noise can kill the messages. If this was a systemic software issue there would be other users posting similar issues at the same time.

Everyone's mileage will vary when it comes to home automation.
    Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
    Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
    Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
    Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

Originally posted by Minneapolis Mark View Post
      Well I give up. I've spent way too much time trying to troubleshoot the Insteon Plug in for Home Seer. Some events function from time-to-time. Others do not function at all. Maybe it's my physical Home Seer device, or maybe it's the software. At this point I have come to the conclusion that it does not matter. My Insteon devices do trigger each other directly the way they are supposed to, but they do not reliably trigger via the Insteon plugin for Home Seer. My system of using Simply Automated CM01 devices in tandem with low voltage outputs from insteon modules works perfectly every time. Those take up space and cost more than I'd like, but at least they work reliably.
      Which Insteon plugin are you using: HomeSeer's ou Mark Sandler's?

Either way, too bad you're giving up, especially if you're using Sandler's plugin, because there is deep experience in this thread ready to help. All that is required is for you to provide specifics on the issues you're going through.

Comment

Working...
      X