www.homeseer.com    

Go Back   HomeSeer Message Board > HomeSeer Products & Services > HomeSeer Hardware > HSM200™ Multi-Sensor

HSM200™ Multi-Sensor Forum for HomeSeer HSM200 Multi-Sensor

Old February 12th, 2017, 05:16 PM
OverSeer

After deleting the luminance child device one more time and rescanning, it finally started working. However, as soon as I polled it, it went back to 0 and then stopped working again.

Code:
Feb-12 1:57:00 PM	 	Z-Wave	Device: Hallway  Light Sensors Luminance Set to 0 (Lux)
Feb-12 1:56:59 PM	 	Event	Event _Test Poll  Multisensor Lux - Upstairs Hallway triggered by the event page 'Run' button.
Feb-12 1:54:17 PM	 	Z-Wave	Device: Hallway Light Sensors Luminance Set to 98 (%)
Seems like it is getting confused by % and Lux... Where's the "smilie" for screaming?
UltraGCIR GC-100|UltraNetcam|UltraPioneer|Ultra1Wire|DSC PC1832|BLLED|BLTVGuide|ImperiHome|jon00 Utilities|MySensors

PHLocation|X10 CM11A IOLinc,etc
Old February 12th, 2017, 07:40 PM
Seer Master

Hm. Maybe HS isn't watching for the hardware version to determine value received?
Old February 12th, 2017, 08:18 PM
OverSeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TechFan View Post
Hm. Maybe HS isn't watching for the hardware version to determine value received?
Perhaps. What does your node information show for it?

Here's mine:

Name:  Untitled.png
Views: 101
Size:  51.0 KB

Cheers
Al
Old February 13th, 2017, 01:45 AM
Seer Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparkman View Post
Perhaps. What does your node information show for it?

Here's mine:

Attachment 59504

Cheers
Al
Mine is the same. . .except:

Last Working Route: 23 (40K)
Old August 12th, 2017, 03:13 PM
Seer Plus

Was finally able to update 1 of 14 of them.

It seems either the smartstick+ will interrupt the firmware update process even if your devices that you are updating is on another network(homeid) from the rest of your devices! (maybe controller, dll or RF issue?)

Tip: take your laptop/troller and HSMs offsite say to your friends, relatives or a coffee shop and update them there. They will update without a hitch.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Last edited by dtsouers; August 12th, 2017 at 04:40 PM.
Old September 5th, 2017, 07:16 PM
Seer Plus

Device quits working after a month.

Though I'm still running into the monthly the device quits responding issue even after upgrading to 1.8...

Did manage to get some more information though on what happens.
First the Luminescence sensor quits working, then 2 hours and 8 minutes the temperature goes out of range, then 5 minutes later the motion sensor get stuck on.

The device last route appears to be directly to the zwave controller. This time I was able to change the color on the led, so I guess its not totally out...
Old September 6th, 2017, 05:58 AM
Seer Deluxe

Quote:
Jan-26 9:41:25 AM
Error Calling PlugConfigDevicePost in plugin Z-Wave->Object reference not set to an instance of an object. Jan-26 9:40:55 AM Error Calling HSEvent in plugin Z-Wave, Instance :Object reference not set to an instance of an object. Jan-26 9:40:53 AM Error Calling ConfigDevice in plugin Z-Wave:Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
The usual answer from HST for this problem is to exclude the device and re-include it. Why ReScan doesn't do the same thing I don't know but there is some subtle difference and only a full exclude/include seems to get the plugin to properly build all the devices.
Alexa mainly for music, shopping list and weather and demos

Last edited by DrZWave; September 6th, 2017 at 06:00 AM. Reason: clarification
Old September 6th, 2017, 08:03 AM
Seer Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by dtsouers View Post
Though I'm still running into the monthly the device quits responding issue even after upgrading to 1.8...

Did manage to get some more information though on what happens.
First the Luminescence sensor quits working, then 2 hours and 8 minutes the temperature goes out of range, then 5 minutes later the motion sensor get stuck on.

The device last route appears to be directly to the zwave controller. This time I was able to change the color on the led, so I guess its not totally out...
Mine started doing this - Have not gone to the depth that you have, but I have 3 and when one quits, they all do. Their main purpose is for motion sensing and I can tell they are down when I walk by and the light does not illuminate - I have a rule that turns them blue while motion detect is operative.

They come back to life once I press their button. Not right away but after doing it, I later notice it is working.
Old October 7th, 2017, 10:19 AM
Seer

After seeing the recent video that was posted by Homeseer, I purchased an HSM200. It was more money than I wanted to spend, but I thought that since it was optimized to work with HS, I would try it. I have been trying for 2 days to get this thing working right. It seems the motion never works consistently and that was the main point of me purchasing. I feel like I have wasted my money and it is making me doubt ever purchasing another HS device.

Andy
Old October 17th, 2017, 11:18 AM
Seer Deluxe

I'm running 3.0.1.130 with HS3 ZEE S2 Edition 3.0.0.318.
I have a mix of old and new HSM200s and they all report all the sensors. The older one's don't do the luminance very well though. They are all running 1.8 or later.
Old October 17th, 2017, 11:21 AM
Seer Deluxe

Quote:
Originally Posted by ando1 View Post
After seeing the recent video that was posted by Homeseer, I purchased an HSM200. It was more money than I wanted to spend, but I thought that since it was optimized to work with HS, I would try it. I have been trying for 2 days to get this thing working right. It seems the motion never works consistently and that was the main point of me purchasing. I feel like I have wasted my money and it is making me doubt ever purchasing another HS device.
What isn't working?
Please read my blog on using the HSM200 (EZMultipli) with HST at: https://drzwave.blog/2017/01/26/ezmu...meseer-hsm200/
Old October 17th, 2017, 11:42 AM
Seer Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrZWave View Post
What isn't working?
Please read my blog on using the HSM200 (EZMultipli) with HST at: https://drzwave.blog/2017/01/26/ezmu...meseer-hsm200/
Mine started behaving better once I put 1.8 on it. . .I have the oldest hardware though. . .is there a newer firmware now?
Old October 17th, 2017, 11:55 AM
Seer Master

Mine are running 1.8 and the motion works very well. Should I update to 1.10 do you think? The only issue I'm having sounds common - they drop out and fail to respond sometimes.
Old October 17th, 2017, 02:25 PM
Seer Deluxe

If it ain't broke, don't fix it...

If it's acting up or seems to go offline every few months, 1.10 should solve that problem.