www.homeseer.com    

Go Back   HomeSeer Message Board > Security Systems Plug-ins > Security System Discussion > HAI/OMNI Panel for HS3 Plug-in (rmasonjr)

HAI/OMNI Panel for HS3 Plug-in (rmasonjr) Discussion about Rob Mason's HAI/OMNI Panel Plug-in

Old April 16th, 2018, 11:40 AM
Seer Deluxe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daweeze View Post
Confirmed that upon upgrade today, I too have lost all dim functions on the UPB stuff.

-Travis
I should elaborate...the events and what Alexa interprets appear to be working as HS slides the dimmer as expected. It's just that the control of the actual device does not respond. It's like the Control Use Dim no longer functions to actuate the device. On/Off commands are fine though. Everything was fine with 3.0.2.6 for me once I modified the range values to honor 0, 1-100 and 255.

-Travis
Old April 16th, 2018, 04:29 PM
Seer

Pete, great work testing X10 dimming, thanks.

I won't get to more extensive testing here for a while, but I did a few quick PCA tests on my X10 light, set to Standard in house code. As reported, on, off, work as expected. When I issue a DIM command and light is off, it turns on full, then dims. When light is already on, it dims n steps. When light is off, BRIGHTEN command seems to just turn light on full regardless of step. When light is on but at a dim level, BRIGHTEN ramps it up n steps. Not sure we will ever figure out all the combinations of switches, commands, behaviors.

Rob, another problem - did some home network work this morning, rebooted router, HS3Pi did not seem to talk to Omni any more. Log is all normal, commands seem to go out, but Omni does nothing, also does not notice event changes, does not trigger. Omni and HS3Pi both get same fixed IP address so that did not change, and I can ping Omni from HS3Pi command window. No other indications in HS3 or Omni plugin logs that things are no longer working. Happened same way after router reboot a week or so ago. Disabling/re-enabling plugin seems to fix it, but it can't seem to recover Omni connection on its own.

Edit: one more note - when I restart the plugin, I get this message in the HS3 log:
"Warning Attempt by plugin to register a duplicate link of OMNI. Plugin: OMNI Instance:"
Any idea why that might happen, or how to fix if needed?

Thanks

John

Last edited by Jfree23; April 16th, 2018 at 07:22 PM. Reason: added note
Old April 16th, 2018, 06:03 PM
Seer

I updated to V28 and it did not fix the 2 problems that I have.

1 - my UPB devices that control fans & flour lites still do not turn on. They did previous to V26 and now they do not. I think this has to do with ramping them. Can you please put this back so that my lites & fans work again?

2 - still does not find any zones on my exp enc. What can I tell/show you that would help you diagnose why it continues to miss the EE zones?

Thx, Jeff.
Old April 18th, 2018, 11:25 AM
Seer Plus

Zone Status not working

In the latest version when a zone is bypassed the value is set to -1 instead of 1 or 3. It is also not possible to test for -1 as the value in an event (I assume because it is not a legal value).
Old April 18th, 2018, 12:15 PM
OverSeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Overst View Post
In the latest version when a zone is bypassed the value is set to -1 instead of 1 or 3. It is also not possible to test for -1 as the value in an event (I assume because it is not a legal value).
Thanks - I should be able to reproduce that and get a fix...

HS3Pro Running on a Raspberry Pi2 (Raspbian)
64 Z-Wave Nodes, 162 Events, 293 Devices
UPB modules via OMNI plugin/panel
Plugins: Z-Wave, BLRF, OMNI, HSTouch, weatherXML, EasyTrigger
HSTouch Clients: 3 Android, 1 Joggler
Old April 18th, 2018, 12:17 PM
OverSeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jchotz View Post
I updated to V28 and it did not fix the 2 problems that I have.

1 - my UPB devices that control fans & flour lites still do not turn on. They did previous to V26 and now they do not. I think this has to do with ramping them. Can you please put this back so that my lites & fans work again?

2 - still does not find any zones on my exp enc. What can I tell/show you that would help you diagnose why it continues to miss the EE zones?

Thx, Jeff.
Roll back to the prior version until I can come up with a fix that addresses Dim/Brighten/Level
Old April 18th, 2018, 12:44 PM
Seer Plus

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmasonjr View Post
Roll back to the prior version until I can come up with a fix that addresses Dim/Brighten/Level
i am guessing i would of had to of backup prior to upgrade in order to roll back. or is there a place to download older version of the plugin
Old April 18th, 2018, 12:55 PM
OverSeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by drmcp View Post
i am guessing i would of had to of backup prior to upgrade in order to roll back. or is there a place to download older version of the plugin
You would need to restore it from a backup.

Sent from my Galaxy S7 Edge using Tapatalk
Old April 18th, 2018, 06:55 PM
Seer

I have .28 and the previous version .26 also had that behavior. How to roll back to the version prior to .26 please?
Old April 19th, 2018, 10:39 AM
OverSeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jchotz View Post
I have .28 and the previous version .26 also had that behavior. How to roll back to the version prior to .26 please?
The easiest way would be to restore from your backup. All you would need is the HSPI_OMNI.exe
Old April 19th, 2018, 10:43 AM
Seer Deluxe

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmasonjr View Post
The easiest way would be to restore from your backup. All you would need is the HSPI_OMNI.exe
Could you post that file here in a zip for us?
Thanks!

Old April 19th, 2018, 04:31 PM
OverSeer

Here is one from November 2017. Looking at it in Linux I cannot tell which version it is.
Attached Files
File Type: zip HSPI_OMNI.zip (85.8 KB, 4 views)

Automator

Hardware | Haswell Intel iSeries 3 - 16Gb | Pine64 - 2Gb computers | Openpeak Intel Atom SoC tabletop touchscreens (15 HS tabletop tablets)

HS3 Pro & Lite
Edition Beta 3.0.0.435 | HS3 Wintel Touch | Ubuntu 16.04 64 bit | Oracle Windows Virtual Box ==> for Wintel only SAPI and HS3 plugins

HS3 Plugins - a bunch
Light switches - X10,UPB, ZWave and Zigbee
Speech - Microsoft SAPI - Neospeech - Amazon Echo
Security - Leviton HAI Omni Pro 2
Weather - Davis Vantage Vue - MeteoStick
Firewall - PFSense
CCTV - Zoneminder

Audio - Russound - AB8SS

Old April 19th, 2018, 06:12 PM
Seer

Yeah, I'm a doofus w/o a backup so I'll just have to wait for the fix. Lesson learnt.