X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Does this plugin work with linux
    https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/de...plifier-plugin

Comment

Its developed in .NET, C#, so not straight off I guess.

Edit: Gooling it tells me that atleast someone ursually just compile for windows and it just runs under Linux aswell. But not always. So you can try. Start in debug mode as described earlier in this thread to see any possible error messages.

Comment

Was the problem with my plugin together with the Arduino plugin fixed? Does anyone know?

Comment

From the homeseer development forum.

The biggest change for Linux is that all filepaths are "/" rather than "\". There is an hs. call you make to HS to find out if you are running on Windows or Linux. We have a function called "FixPath(path)"
          https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/de...plifier-plugin

Comment

HDMI inputs?

Agwan,

Definitely some great work here. Much appreciated.

As I think someone else requested, being able to select the HDMI inputs on the RX-V675 (and similar) would be excellent. Would be happy to test it out for you if it would help.

Thanks much!

XM

Comment

Thanks XM! I appreciate the possitive feedback.

I have been working a little on getting an XML import to work.

The plan is to make it possible to take the YNCA-specification document right from Yamaha, run it trough a program i wrote to convert it to XML. You then go into the XML and select what parts you want to use or not to use, I havent decided yet if standard generation should be "not use" or "use". The import should work directly for RX-A700/800/1000/2000/3000 and RX-V867. For the other I have not tested, there the XML has to be generated manually or based on one of the others or just try and import and see what XML it outputs.

Then the XML is placed in the correct place and the plugin is started. It uses the XML to generate all the devices and thier corresponding commands.

What I have working now is generateing the devices and when activating them (pressing a button or sliding a slider) the command is sent to the receiver and it seems to be working. The amplifier has a gazillion devices, I have 272 devices just for the amplifier now and I dont have all parts activated. So I have not checked that all devices work, rather I would believe that perhaps 50% are ok (there are a lot of stuff which is just quite unimportant information like custom input names or scene names that do not work at all yet). But input selection and volume control works. Stuff that would typically be just a button or a slider is ok generated (I think)

The two big parts that are left is getting response messages from the amplifier into the correct device in HS3 and then having some kind of pull queue reading all settings and stuff to make sure the HS3 devices are up to date if the settings are changed by some other means.

So there is no readback yet from the amplifier. Every time you restart the plugin all states are lost. So Im not sure at what state I should release the next version of the plugin.

Comment

Starting to get readback working (model name works). I can get the correct device to update. But I havent figured out what to do about devices that has multiple function types. Like volume control which has 6 buttons and 1 slider. Getting a message from the amplifier with a new volume setting like "-17 dB", what do I do with that number (which is in the form of a string)? Do I update the string in the device with the received string or do I try to make a number out of it and put it in a slider?

Or can there be only one parameter in each device which has status? I dont think so, some have multiple sliders. Do I take the message string first and try to set a string parameter if there is one (there cannot be more than one string parameter in a device?). If there is no single string, try to match the string with any of the parameter names, if match then select it, if not, make it into a number and see if there is a slider to put the number into.

Takes some time figuring out to make this work for any device, even those I dont know about yet.

Comment

It looks like a good start. I installed the plug-in and was able to control the handful of functions. Unfortunately I have 4 receivers 2 RX-A3000 and 2 RX-A2000. In addition to being able to control many more functions, I would like to be able to control multiple receivers.
                  HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.0 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

Perhaps it would be possible to add an IP number for each root and then you can construct what ever XML file you want with as many amplifiers as you want. But I have to redesign the live tick that is needed for each amplifier to make them send automatical updates from the amplifier to the plugin. Ill see as moving forward if I can add this. It would be good anyway to have the IP number in the XML file instead of in windows registry.

Comment

This is truly a godsend, Saw this while at work...I can't wait to go back home!!!

Comment

This program is the first step in setting up the Yamaha Amplifier plugin. This part will not make you happy yet... It just takes the YNCA command list from Yamaha and converts it into the XML file that the HS3 plugin uses to create and handle the amplifier devices.

There are a lot of commands that are not converted correctly but they can be corrected manually. I would however not spend hours of making a fully correct XML file since it might change in the future if I add the IP number to the file and pehaps multiple receiver compability.

If I were you I would make a quick replace on all YES to NO in the file. That will make all devices unactive. I would then go into the file and change what I absolutely need back to YES. For instance for the plugin to work at all, "Root"-"SYS" needs to be YES and its device "MODELNAME". Its what keeps the ethernet link active.

Code:
                        <Root>
                          <RootName>SYS</RootName>
                          <UseRoot>YES</UseRoot>
                          <Device>
                            <DeviceName>MODELNAME</DeviceName>
                            <UseFunction>YES</UseFunction>
                            <GETCMD>@SYS:MODELNAME=?</GETCMD>
                            <Parameter>
                              <Number>1</Number>
                              <Type>STRING</Type>
                              <Name>Not yet read</Name>
                            </Parameter>
                          </Device>
                        What should be working is power on/off, volume control, input control, all the stuff that would typically be a single button it should work for all zones.

But activate just what you need and then give me feedback of what does not work.

Ill publish the plugin this evening european time.

Remember, this has been highly untested, so dont expect too much and if you dont want to spend time on it, wait until someone else has. We can share our corrected files.

Just run the program, select the command list file corresponding to your amplifier. Close the program and it has created an XML file "YamahaAmplifierDevices.XML". You can download "XML Copy Editor" from here https://sourceforge.net/projects/xml-copy-editor/ to edit the file. Or just use a text editor.
                        Attached Files
                        Last edited by Agwan; December 29, 2016, 06:05 AM.

Comment

And here is the plugin. Just unzip drop it into the HS3 folder.

You can run this version without uninstalling the older non-XML-based version, but you should disable the one you are not running at the moment since they steal ethernet messages from eachother and share the IP settings webpage.

One more thing that is important, if you wanna change the XML file, disable the plugin, delete all the devices connected to this plugin before enabling the plugin again with the new XML file in the HS3 folder. You can edit the XML after the plugin is loaded and running, it is just read at startup.
                          Attached Files

Comment

Comment

Any chance this plugin will work with the RX-V473?

I did for fun try to download the plugin. Made the XML file using the RX-V867 txt file. Changed everything to NO exept MUTE, VOL, PWR and INPUT, as well as the SYS as mentioned.

Got some devices in HS3 PRO but only for the HDMI inputs,not for anything else. Also I had some wiered stuff going on when I went to check out the Yamaha plugin Events. I had selections to "reset Voltage", and "read tonnage". Maybe a remnaint from an older plugin this is built on??

Anyways, thanks for creating this, and I hope it will support RX-V473 and RX-V1067 amps in the future!

Comment

Originally posted by Sleepy81 View Post
                                Any chance this plugin will work with the RX-V473?

I did for fun try to download the plugin. Made the XML file using the RX-V867 txt file. Changed everything to NO exept MUTE, VOL, PWR and INPUT, as well as the SYS as mentioned.

Got some devices in HS3 PRO but only for the HDMI inputs,not for anything else. Also I had some wiered stuff going on when I went to check out the Yamaha plugin Events. I had selections to "reset Voltage", and "read tonnage". Maybe a remnaint from an older plugin this is built on??

Anyways, thanks for creating this, and I hope it will support RX-V473 and RX-V1067 amps in the future!
                                I found this table while researching mine, looks like the 473 is YNC2 protocol. No idea if this one supports that protocol or not.

Comment

Working...
                                X