Droplet - A robot irrigation system

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Droplet - A robot irrigation system

Is it just me or is this the coolest irrigation system ever?
    http://smartdroplet.com/

HSPro 3.0.0.458, Z-NET with Z-wave plugin 3.0.1.190, RFXCOM + 2x RFXtrx433E, HSTouch, Squeezebox plugin, iTach IP/WF2IR & GC-100-6 with UltraGCIR, BLDenon, NetcamStudio, Jon00s Webpage builder, Harmony Hub plugin, SCSIP (with FreePBX), Arduino plugin, IFTTT, Pushalot plugin, Device History plugin.
    Running on Windows 10 (64) virtualized
    on ESXi (Fujitsu Primergy TX150 S8).
    WinSeer (for Win10) - TextSeer - FitbitSeer - HSPI_MoskusSample

Are you Norwegian (or Scandinavian) and getting started with HomeSeer? Read the "HomeSeer School"!

Around 10-15 years ago there used to be (still is?) a spherical shaped device that irrigated using the same concept. If I remember right, you programmed it by manually aiming it at each vertex of the polygon you wanted irrigated. Once programmed, it would irrigate by "filling in" the polygon by itself.

Probably has a great DU.

Comment

Around 10-15 years ago there used to be (still is?) a spherical shaped device that irrigated using the same concept. If I remember right, you programmed it by manually aiming it at each vertex of the polygon you wanted irrigated. Once programmed, it would irrigate by "filling in" the polygon by itself.
      I had something like that. Worked great if the water pressure was constant, but not so great if the pressure fluctuated .

Cheers
      Al
      HS 4.2.8.0: 2134 Devices 1252 Events
      Z-Wave 3.0.10.0: 133 Nodes on one Z-Net

Comment

Pretty cool, but for $300 I can buy a LOT of drip irrigation parts that precisely do the same thing. And the drip stuff still works after accidentally getting kicked by the kids or the dog...
        Best regards,
        -Mark-

If you're not out on the edge, you're taking up too much room!
        Interested in 3D maps? Check out my company site: Solid Terrain Modeling

Comment

Are you drip irrigating your lawn too? Am curious how well it works in real life.

I was spending almost $400/month on water last summer to irrigate my lawn with "dumb" sprayheads. I bet a lot of it was wasted due to poor distribution uniformity. With SmartDroplets, maybe I could get perfect Distribution Uniformity (DU). Not sure what the coverage area is (I have 100psi if it can take advantage of it), but if it actually works (and lasts), I imagine it might pay for itself over time. Not just that, but I could enjoy the Bellagio without travelling to Vegas.

Comment

Looks very neat.

Issues I see are cost as said above and soil erosion when trying to water plants at a distance.

For area that this device would cover, a $30 mirco irrigation would achieve the same.

Sent from my htc Inspire 4G using Tapatalk
            HSPro: 3.0.0.194
            PL: Insteon PLM 3.0.5.20,Insteon Thermostat 3.0.1.1 , UltraM1G, RainRelay8, UltraECM3, UltraPioneerAVR3, BLBackup, weatherXML, Jon00 Network & PC Monitor
            HW : Win 7 64bit, Intel i7-2600, 16 GB DDR3 Ram, 60 Plus Insteon Dual Band Devices, Rain8 Pro2, Elk M1 Gold, Brueltech GreenEye.

Comment

Originally posted by Moskus View Post
              Is it just me or is this the coolest irrigation system ever?
              http://smartdroplet.com/

Ooh, I think you just found my summer project for me!
              Nicolai L

Comment

How am I suppose to water my weeds with one of those?
                HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.435 (Windows Server 8.1 on ESXi box)

Plug-Ins Enabled:
                Z-Wave:,RaspberryIO:,AirplaySpeak:,Ecobee:,
                weatherXML:,JowiHue:,APCUPSD:,PHLocation:,Chromecast:,EasyTr igger:

Comment

I think that it would be fun to put one of those inside one of those "little boy" ceramic lawn ornaments ... and have it follow people walking on the sidewalk ...

Comment

Too bad their video doesn't show performance of the actual device they're planning to sell: http://www.amazon.com/Droplet-Roboti...dp/B00IORFJBG/ Range is allegedly 30 feet.

Presently I'm halfway through upgrading my "dumb" sprayheads to Hunter MP Rotators so as to get better efficiencies. Am hoping my new controller's pseudo-ETo scheduling will also help this year. However, I could imagine using the smartdroplet device in one tricky area where the MP Rotators may have too much minimum throw.

Thanks, Moskus, for posting the video link! It's always good to have extra options.
                    Last edited by NeverDie; March 28, 2014, 01:10 PM.

Comment

Paired with spuds kenect and the new RBW light controllers for HS, This might make a pretty nice pool party toy for everyone.

Sent from my htc Inspire 4G using Tapatalk
                      HSPro: 3.0.0.194
                      PL: Insteon PLM 3.0.5.20,Insteon Thermostat 3.0.1.1 , UltraM1G, RainRelay8, UltraECM3, UltraPioneerAVR3, BLBackup, weatherXML, Jon00 Network & PC Monitor
                      HW : Win 7 64bit, Intel i7-2600, 16 GB DDR3 Ram, 60 Plus Insteon Dual Band Devices, Rain8 Pro2, Elk M1 Gold, Brueltech GreenEye.

Comment

Perfect for maintaining the water level in my pool and fountain while shooting the random kid that gets too close
                        https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/de...plifier-plugin

Comment

Working...
                        X