Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ERROR System is not a Raspberry Pi

Hello.
    I have 4 Raspberry pi IO and 3 work verry well.
    But with 1 i have this error : "ERROR System is not a Raspberry Pi" after update to RaspberryIO_remote_3-0-0-6

Is possibile help me?

Thanks
    Attached Files

Hey Spud.

Is possible send me one address for download the RaspberryIO_remote_install_3-0-0-5.zip ?

Thanks

Comment

Here it is:
      https://www.dropbox.com/s/7spvkqbtj9...ll_3-0-0-5.zip

but I doubt this would change anything for your problem
      what model of RPi is it?

Comment

Exact Same Issue

Getting this on remote Pi. I have Pi 3 Model B.

root@raspi:/opt/RaspberryIO# ./run.sh
        Plugin: RaspberryIO Instance: raspi starting...
        Connecting to server at 192.168.199.110...
        Connection attempt #1
        Connected (HomeSeer API 3). Waiting to be initialized...
        May-06 18:13:37 INFO RaspberryIO version 3.0.0.5
        May-06 18:13:42 ERROR System is not a Raspberry Pi
        May-06 18:14:44 ERROR while creating device Raspberry Pi 3 Model B: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
        May-06 18:14:44 DEBUG Stack: at (wrapper managed-to-native) System.Object:__icall_wrapper_mono_remoting_wrapper (intptr,intptr)
        at (wrapper remoting-invoke) HomeSeerAPI.IHSApplicationeviceProperty_PlugData (int,HomeSeerAPI.Enums/eDeviceProperty,HomeSeerAPI.PlugExtraData/clsPlugExtraData)
        at Scheduler.Classes.DeviceClass.set_PlugExtraData_Set (HomeSeerAPI.IHSApplication hs, HomeSeerAPI.PlugExtraData+clsPlugExtraData value) [0x00013] in <0387f935cbb2430490cd0b7ee8040363>:0
        at HSPI_RaspberryIO.RaspberryPiApp.SetDeviceID (Scheduler.Classes.DeviceClass dev, System.String id) [0x00023] in <50d9361634d6430f9107f62c4a42b260>:0
        at HSPI_RaspberryIO.RaspberryPiApp.CreateDevice (System.String deviceName, System.String deviceID, System.Boolean showValues, System.Boolean root) [0x00039] in <50d9361634d6430f9107f62c4a42b260>:0
        May-06 18:14:44 DEBUG Setting direction to Output for Pin2
        May-06 18:15:45 ERROR while creating device GPIO 2: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
        May-06 18:15:45 DEBUG Stack: at (wrapper managed-to-native) System.Object:__icall_wrapper_mono_remoting_wrapper (intptr,intptr)
        at (wrapper remoting-invoke) HomeSeerAPI.IHSApplicationeviceProperty_PlugData (int,HomeSeerAPI.Enums/eDeviceProperty,HomeSeerAPI.PlugExtraData/clsPlugExtraData)
        at Scheduler.Classes.DeviceClass.set_PlugExtraData_Set (HomeSeerAPI.IHSApplication hs, HomeSeerAPI.PlugExtraData+clsPlugExtraData value) [0x00013] in <0387f935cbb2430490cd0b7ee8040363>:0
        at HSPI_RaspberryIO.RaspberryPiApp.SetDeviceID (Scheduler.Classes.DeviceClass dev, System.String id) [0x00023] in <50d9361634d6430f9107f62c4a42b260>:0
        at HSPI_RaspberryIO.RaspberryPiApp.CreateDevice (System.String deviceName, System.String deviceID, System.Boolean showValues, System.Boolean root) [0x00039] in <50d9361634d6430f9107f62c4a42b260>:0
        May-06 18:15:45 DEBUG Setting Reversed flag to False for Pin2
        May-06 18:15:45 DEBUG Setting direction to Input for Pin03

Comment

could you run the following command and post the output here:

Code:
          more /proc/cpuinfo

Comment

cpuinfo output

pi@raspi:~ $ more /proc/cpuinfo
            processor : 0
            model name : ARMv7 Processor rev 4 (v7l)
            BogoMIPS : 38.40
            Features : half thumb fastmult vfp edsp neon vfpv3 tls vfpv4 idiva idivt
            vfpd32 lpae evtstrm crc32
            CPU implementer : 0x41
            CPU architecture: 7
            CPU variant : 0x0
            CPU part : 0xd03
            CPU revision : 4

processor : 1

processor : 2

processor : 3

Hardware : BCM2835
            Revision : a02082
            Serial : 00000000a6e7f141
            pi@raspi:~ $

Comment

I believe I have fixed the "System is not a RaspberryPi" error in version 3.0.0.7

remote install package is available here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/dptjntnqch...0-0-7.zip?dl=0

and the regular package is available from the Beta Testing thread

Comment

Actually, I think there is still a problem with version 3.0.0.7

It looks like, recent Linux kernels have changed the way the RPi processor is reported. The underlying libraries that the plug-in uses need to be updated accordingly.
                I'm working on it, thanks for your patience

Comment

please test version 3.0.0.8 and let me know:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/f4se1xshm7...ll_3-0-0-8.zip

Comment

Result of v. 3.0.0.8

On the RPi side it seems much better:

pi@homeseerPi01:~/RaspberryIO $ sudo ./run.sh
                    Plugin: RaspberryIO Instance: HomeseerPi01 starting...
                    Connecting to server at 192.168.0.11...
                    Connection attempt #1
                    Connected (HomeSeer API 3). Waiting to be initialized...
                    May-09 15:20:22 INFO RaspberryIO version 3.0.0.8
                    May-09 15:20:27 INFO Raspberry Pi running on Bcm2835 processor
                    May-09 15:20:27 INFO Firmware rev10489921, board model B2 (Raspberry Pi 2 Model B)
                    May-09 15:20:27 INFO Serial number: 000000006087bb79

It's running and is stays connected to HS3.

On the HS3 side, there is nothing appearing under Remote Plugins.
                    It is possible to set the pin settings via the Plugins settings in the dropdown menu. Plugins - RaspberryIO and Config - HomeseerPi01. (My RPi is called HomeseerPi01).
                    Under device management, the port I set up above is visible, but the name is unknown and there is no controls available to turn the pin on/of. The status is "no status".

So, it seems fixed on the RPI side. I can see that the CPU is correctly reported now

Comment

One more thing..

In HS3, when disableing RaspberryIO, THEN the RaspberryIO session with my HomeseerPi01 session appears under Remote Plugins.
                      Attached Files

Comment

RaspberryIO update failed on HS3

Ah, the update to 3.0.0.8 failed on my HS3 installation.
                        Removed it, went back to 3.0.0.5 - rebooted.
                        But not able to upgrade directly to 3.0.0.8.

Anyone else had a try?

Comment

you don't need and you shouldn't enable the RaspberryIO plug-in on your HS3 windows installation.
                          You just need to install it so that the remote plug-in instance does not complain about licence stuff. So you can keep whatever version you have installed, it doesn't matter.

Under device management, the port I set up above is visible, but the name is unknown and there is no controls available to turn the pin on/of. The status is "no status".
                          not sure what you mean?
                          you should have one root device for your RPi and one child device for each you have configured as an Input or Output.
                          In the device management screen make sure the Room and Floor filters includes the correct values.

Comment

RaspberryIO update

Ok, I left my RaspberryIO plug-in disabled.
                            Now I actually have available the two pins I have configured so far.

There is still no status on the first line, but maybe that device should be deleted?

Looks promising!
                            I will test further
                            Attached Files

Comment

well, there is something strange on your screenshot, the 2 devices for the pins are supposed to be children of the root device.
                              So delete the 3 devices manually, then stop and restart your remote instance, they should be recreated correctly.

Comment

Working...
                              X