Random Z-Wave Turn On events

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Random Z-Wave Turn On events

Since a few months back I had this random Z-Wave turn ON events. Most of the time it's been a window lamp turned on, whithout any matching event - it just gets a turn on signal from HomeSeer (it says so in the log).

So tonight I just had a lamp turned on, and again without reference to any events:
    https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/21469243/Homeseer/Randon%20Turn%20On%20ZWave%20-%20Log%20refernce.JPG

And here are the only events including this "taklampa":
    https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/21469243/Homeseer/Randon%20Turn%20On%20ZWave%20-%20Event%20refererns.JPG

And no - I do not know why I can not post embeded images...

The "Z-Wave" log entry is a report coming back from the device. A HomeSeer control log entry will be "Device Control". I think something else is sending the command to the light, since there is no outgoing command from HomeSeer.

Here is a sequence from my log:

First the Event

Jul-31 5:21:00 PM Event Event Trigger "HomeSeer Demo Test"

Then the command is sent

Jul-31 5:21:00 PM Device Control Device: Power Control Garage West Wall Outlet to Off (0)

Then the response from the device.

Jul-31 5:21:00 PM Z-Wave Device: Power Control Garage West Wall Outlet Set to 0
    HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.16 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

I had an outdoor module doing this last week, I unplugged and plugged it back in, it's been fine ever since.
      https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/de...plifier-plugin

Comment

PLEASE HOMESEER READ. Random Devices Turning On?

Reading Z-wave plugin posts, you have various problem reports some using Beta Releases, some Released Plugin, other posts don't include ANY versions! Several folks are reporting the same error many (including me) are seeing.

A FORUM MEDIATOR needs to jump in here and put this Topic on track. HomeSeer is posting versions without any documentation so you have a free for all. Zwave Plugin version .137 shows up in the updater with no release info posted? Same is true for HS3 Betas. If users are mixing and matching software versions you will NEVER know what is going on!

Comment

rprade - thanks - your response is more info to me than support at HomeSeer, who only suggests to turn all events off...

Andy - I fail to understand what you are telling me. I am on an older version, and as I wrote I had this random behavior since a couple of months or more. I do for example not use BETA. Nor do I upgrade that frequently since my installation ALWAYS fails at upgrade, with NO errorcode given.

From a general point of view: HomeSeer most of the times works, it is things like this random Z-Wave turn on / off that makes this just as bad as say Fibaro HC2. Once it turned of my freezer (where I have a Fibaro plugin to measure power level to say if something is wrong) - very large thanks for that.

In a way it is actually worse, since Fibaro HC2 never fired any random commands - instead it just missed sensor data change or never transmitted data, HC2 also handled battery levels 100% correct (for me) which never has worked for HS, HC2 works in Europe where I live and power readings worked since it could handle decimal comma - something that I have never got to work with HS (which I guess is depending on the fact the HS is US based and don't give a crap about decimal comma, since not even LAT/LONG position can handle decimal comma). Yhen we have this absurd error when moving from an older version of Zee S2 to latest, where one loses ALL events in the migration process........

HomeSeer has alot to fix. And during this year or two I have owned this HS Zee S2 more or less nothing has been fixed.

Comment

Agree with you - HomeSeer Has much to fix!

Hopefully, they will read this post and others like it. My point is
            HomeSeer has no "Change Control" procedure so users are mixing Beta and Release versions so trying to share results in these threads is pointless. The fact that a version .137 shows in the updater with no Beta Release post illustrates the problem. What does version .137 attempt to fix? Are users trying it and posting the results? Many threads mention a problem. What Release version or Beta version is that problem with? When a post talks about version .130 and the next post talks about version .135? Forum Mediator would have Release Issues and Beta xxx issues. If the latest Beta is .135 why allow a post about .130? Reading the posts, they jump around so nothing makes sense to me? I worked in Engineering and this type of Change Control would be unacceptable!

Comment

Originally posted by larhedse View Post
              From a general point of view: HomeSeer most of the times works, it is things like this random Z-Wave turn on / off that makes this just as bad as say Fibaro HC2. Once it turned of my freezer (where I have a Fibaro plugin to measure power level to say if something is wrong) - very large thanks for that.
              You seem to be blaming Homeseer for this but I agree with Rprade and you can do your own testing and watch the logs yourself. What you posted in the logs is coming from the device not homeseer sending to the device. You can watch the logs and have homeseer turn it on and on do it from the device also. They are different messages for different directions.

My father has some issues with random lights and fans which logs later showed (two weeks later after he told) it came from a tablet that was given to my son. That little guy was pressing buttons in between playing games on his tablet.

Comment

What device actually is it? I am experiencing random turn on for Fibaro dual relay modules that I have reported in this thread https://forums.homeseer.com/showthre...ghlight=FGS222

If you are experiencing similar then it would probably be good to contribute there as Rich seems to have an input on that thread.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Andy View Post
                    Hopefully, they will read this post and others like it. My point is
                    HomeSeer has no "Change Control" procedure so users are mixing Beta and Release versions so trying to share results in these threads is pointless. The fact that a version .137 shows in the updater with no Beta Release post illustrates the problem. What does version .137 attempt to fix? Are users trying it and posting the results? Many threads mention a problem. What Release version or Beta version is that problem with? When a post talks about version .130 and the next post talks about version .135? Forum Mediator would have Release Issues and Beta xxx issues. If the latest Beta is .135 why allow a post about .130? Reading the posts, they jump around so nothing makes sense to me? I worked in Engineering and this type of Change Control would be unacceptable!
                    I agree as well, having release notes will let us know what has been changed, so we can help. The developers must know what they have done, thus why not pop the details in the release documentation.

I work as a developer and do this all the time, even for my own personal code at home.

So homeseer developers, help us to help you.

Comment

So I decided to restart my HomeSeer Zee S2 Every night - since then I had NO random device changes (on/off or anything else).

Let's see if this solves this issue - if so, then we know for sure it is a memory (stack) problem within the HomeSeer code.

Comment

Working...
                      X