Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Update SEL to latest mono

Hi all,

Rupp kindly gave me some advice on updating SEL to latest software. Would the same method work using below to update to latest mono and what would the command be?

Originally posted by Rupp View Post
    Try this. From the HS3 web interface:

* go to Tools->System->Linux Tools

* In the run box enter:

./updatehs.sh 357

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Steve

Yes, i am similarly curious about this. My SEL is running with Mono 3.2.8

Comment

You will need to follow the procedure here to update Mono to most current version.

The latest Mono release is: 5.2.0 SR4 (5.2.0.224)
      - Pete

Auto mator
      Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
      Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro
      HS4 Lite - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenovo Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram

HS4 Pro - V4.1.18.1 - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
      HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

Thanks Pete. So which Ubuntu flavor does the SEL run?

Are there any downsides to the upgrade?

Comment

ssh to the SEL and type:

lsb_release -a

Here is my HS3 Pro machine as an example:

ICS-HS3Pro:~# lsb_release -a
          No LSB modules are available.
          Distributor ID: Ubuntu
          Description: Ubuntu 16.04.3 LTS
          Release: 16.04
          Codename: xenial

Are there any downsides to the upgrade?

I do not think so. There are a few HS users that have updated to most current version of Mono and I have not read about any issues.
          - Pete

Auto mator
          Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
          Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

Thanks.

We only need to install mono-complete, correct?

Comment

Yes.

I still follow Rich's Mono Installation process although mono-complete should work.

HS3 Linux Installation Instructions

Best test is to start with mono-complete.

Then use the command line to start Homeseer 3

./go

Watch the start of Homeseer 3. It'll tell you if you have anything missing in the mono configuration.

I think the last time I did this I started with mono-complete, then I did what Rich recommended - most of the stuff was already installed.
              - Pete

Auto mator

Comment

Thanks very much Pete. Think I've got all info i need now. Will try once i get off this long Emirates flight and have a bit of shut-eye.

Not keen to do a SSH session from 13000 m

Comment

Good news!

Nah I wouldn't do this from a plane....
                  - Pete

Auto mator

Comment

Hi Pete, you kindly logged in from across the seas for me last time. Are you kindly able to assist again in this manner?

Steve

Comment

I will end up breaking it [emoji853]

Steve

Comment

Originally posted by Pete View Post
                        Good news!

Nah I wouldn't do this from a plane....
                        Hi Pete. I'm back down on earth now and I've updated Mono to 5.2 now.

BUT, I seem to have a problem with my events. Any event with counters and timers have lost their settings and their triggers. Events without counters and timers are fine. Is that normal? Do I have to rebuild my events?

Comment

There is more to it. There is a new tab called lab in V.368 which has a back up piece to it and you need to back up before updating Mono.

Yes you will need to go event by event and build them new.

If you have a wide screen monitor or two monitors open up the event on the left and using a second browser window create the event from scratch. Then delete the old event and rename the new event with the old name. One by one.
                          - Pete

Auto mator

Comment

Originally posted by Pete View Post
                            There is more to it. There is a new tab called lab in V.368 which has a back up piece to it and you need to back up before updating Mono.

Yes you will need to go event by event and build them new.

If you have a wide screen monitor or two monitors open up the event on the left and using a second browser window create the event from scratch. Then delete the old event and rename the new event with the old name. One by one.
                            Actually it is worse than I thought. All the events have lost their triggers. Meaning I'll have to rebuild all events as you suggest, all 204 events ... Eeeek!!

I have been using Lab to backup events, but restoring does not restore the triggers. Guess this is the downside. I don't think it's worth it - the amount of time I would need to rebuild the events. Think I'll revert ...

Comment

I thought that the Lab to backup events would work.

What is the Mono version that you have installed on the original?

Thinking Rich mentioned something about needing mono version 4.X and above for current version of Homeseer 3 (.368).
                              - Pete

Auto mator

Comment

Working...
                              X