Lost all Zwave events and Zwave devices not polling

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lost all Zwave events and Zwave devices not polling

I was attempting to add a Zwave device and after it seemed to have been included all the zwave devices were no longer showing and all events had disappeared.

I had secured a backup just prior to putting the new device as well as a backup of the Zwave.me USB stick.

However when i restore those I get the same situation. I have disabled and re-enabled the zwave.me device but it seems to not make any difference.

I have tried to restore a BLBackup from yesterday evening - that also seems to make no difference.

Any ideas?

Steve

Your devices are stored in your config files and if you've been backing these up then they should be there. Have you checked to see if some devices may be hidden? Are there any errors in the HomeSeer log file when you start HS3 ?
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Originally posted by theendisnye View Post
      I was attempting to add a Zwave device and after it seemed to have been included all the zwave devices were no longer showing and all events had disappeared.

I had secured a backup just prior to putting the new device as well as a backup of the Zwave.me USB stick.

However when i restore those I get the same situation. I have disabled and re-enabled the zwave.me device but it seems to not make any difference.

I have tried to restore a BLBackup from yesterday evening - that also seems to make no difference.

Any ideas?

Steve

Long shot, but try the Show All options in events and devices. I rarely end up with none showing but frequently end up with a tiny subset of events showing after I have worked on an event.
      cheeryfool

Comment

So it is not a 'show all' issue as the number of filtered devices showed a total of 90 when there are normally 600.

I have managed to get the devices and events back by changing the CONFIG file being used. It looks like there was a problem with the the one I saved and then everytime I restarted it seemed to create another.

So I found one that loaded and got my 600 devices back. However every zwave device shows as a node but has no device name. Clicking on one of the devices shows the message

That device has not been created in the plug-in.

Any ideas?

Steve

Comment

Ok so I managed to do a full recovery from my BLBackup and I now appear to have an operational system again.

Many thanks for the help
          Steve

Comment

Working...
          X