Sureflap integration into homeseer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sureflap integration into homeseer

Hello I have purchased a sureflap pet door connect with hub and can now see my cats whereabouts (ie in/out) in the app or on website www.surepetcare.io. I have contacted sureflap and they have no plans for IFTTT or homeseer integration. Seams a pity as the data is already logged in the cloud.

https://www.surepetcare.com/en-gb/pe...t-door-connect

Does anyone have any ideas as to how to link this data to homeseer ?

I would I think log in to the web site (presuming that you have the ability to check the status on the web site as well as the app?) and see what is happening in the Chrome debugger. It might be making calls that you can see to a third party service as I doubt they will go to the lengths to host this themselves, if I was a betting man I would say that they probably use the Particle.io backbone and put a fancy front end on it.

Failing that you could take the cover off of the hub and take a look at what sort of IC's are inside to give you a starting aim at how it works.

I don't know why but the reluctance of IFTTT integration kind of concerns me..they are probably limiting their user integration quite significantly.

Comment

Thanks for your reply.

Yes I can log into a website https://www.surepetcare.io and can see the status of the cats and lock/unlock catflap.

I'm not a developer so I may be wrong.

I opened the site up in chrome and turned on developer tools.

The majority of the web code is under the website https://www.surepetcare.io. There are some social media website links to twitter, facebook etc and some amazon web services for holding photographs in.

I'm willing to let people look using my account to see if they can find out any more information. PM me if interested.

Thanks

Comment

If anyone has a Sure Petcare product and would like to try a HS plugin then please PM me as I have something working with their API that I have decoded.

Comment

It works

I can confirm the plugin works well for me so far. Many thanks MrHappy

Comment

Do you think this would work ? I think it is the same company?

https://www.amazon.com/SureFlap-MPF0.../dp/B00O0UIPTY

Comment

I'm not sure that Adam (mrhappy) has added support in the PI for anything other than the pet doors at this point. Possibly he has, but I don't think so. I believe he may have mentioned possibly doing so in the future. Unfortunately he hasn't been active on the forum for a while and I don't know when he'll be back. Someone who seemed to know him said he's in a job transition.
              -Wade

Comment

Originally posted by MattL0 View Post
                Do you think this would work ? I think it is the same company?

https://www.amazon.com/SureFlap-MPF0.../dp/B00O0UIPTY
                I've had a look and I don't think there is any external communication available with that device - seems as if it gets programmed by the collar RFID tag then communicates only with that tag? Can't see any mention of any sort of hub communication so it might be something that you need to ask the company about whether or not there is anything more than they advertise. Extra functions isn't something I am not averse to adding to the plugin although I have to rely on people taking the risk to buy one and then work with me to add support (with no guarantees) because third party integration is something they don't/didn't advertise - I just managed to work it out by reversing their web API.

Comment

Thank you mrhappy . Acess to my system is not a problem if it is you.

I have to talk about that to my girl friend . We have 4 cats and one need to loose some weight, and another one needs to eat caloric food because he s young ; the unit would be for this one.

Later on, if we could block acess to certain cat depending of the number of time they did eat in the day, that would be very nice...but if it is not possible I can confort myself with one unit to only allow the young cat to eat in it.

so we could start by one unit . Just to see . But I will wait for their new model to arrive and I will let you know .

Matt

Comment

I think I am more concerned whether or not that device actually does talk to the hub...unless I am missing it I can't see it advertised? If it can't talk to the hub then there is no chance of me being able to talk to it I am afraid. If it does talk to the hub then by all means get in touch and I will see what it does and whether or not I can leverage any integration with the plugin.

Comment

Originally posted by mrhappy View Post
                      I think I am more concerned whether or not that device actually does talk to the hub...unless I am missing it I can't see it advertised? If it can't talk to the hub then there is no chance of me being able to talk to it I am afraid. If it does talk to the hub then by all means get in touch and I will see what it does and whether or not I can leverage any integration with the plugin.
                      Looking at surepetcare.com, it appears the Pet Feeder Connect hasn't been released yet. The order page shows "Notify Me". The Microchip feeder linked above doesn't communicate with the hub.
                      -Wade

Comment

Downloaded and using with my cat flap, works great

Comment

Originally posted by samburner3 View Post
                          Downloaded and using with my cat flap, works great
                          Where did you download ?

Comment

Originally posted by fjaeran View Post

Where did you download ?
                            Take a look here - https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/ho...98#post1291698

It has probably come about the time I should really put it in the updater, I'll have a think about that in a couple of days.

Comment

Working...
                            X