Discussions related to HS3 build 435

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Discussions related to HS3 build 435

Discussions related to HS3 release 3.0.0.435 released on 4/23/2018.

Release notes are here:

https://forums.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=176440
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Originally posted by rjh View Post
    Discussions related to HS3 release 3.0.0.435 released on 4/23/2018.

Release notes are here:

https://forums.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=176440
    Looks fine for me!

Comment

As already reported v435 working fine on the Raspberry Pi3 and the Rock64 4g.

Comment

@Rich,
        I've downloaded and installed .435 on one of my machines but when I shutdown and restarted HS3 on the second Hometroller, it doesn't automatically show that there is an update available. (As of 4/23/18 8:51AM PST) I've since installed it from the download that I have but thought you would want to know.
        HS4 4.2.6.0 &HSTouch Designer 3.0.80
        Plugin's:
        BLBackup, BLOccupied, BLShutdown, EasyTrigger, Ecobee, Nest, AK Bond
        EnvisaLink DSC, PHLocation, Pushover, SONOS, Blue Iris, UltraRachio3,
        weatherXML, Jon00 Alexa Helper, Network Monitor, MyQ, Z-Wave

Comment

Originally posted by The Profit View Post
          @Rich,
          I've downloaded and installed .435 on one of my machines but when I shutdown and restarted HS3 on the second Hometroller, it doesn't automatically show that there is an update available. (As of 4/23/18 8:51AM PST) I've since installed it from the download that I have but thought you would want to know.
          My Hometroller is running .368. Last night rebooted in order to complete monthly Windows updates. Upon restart, update .425 was offered. It was politely declined ...

Comment

Originally posted by zwolfpack View Post
            My Hometroller is running .368. Last night rebooted in order to complete monthly Windows updates. Upon restart, update .425 was offered. It was politely declined ...
            Plugin's:

Comment

Isn't it just easier to download the MSI and install it? Gives more control...

Robert
              HS3PRO 3.0.0.500 as a Fire Daemon service, Windows 2016 Server Std Intel Core i5 PC HTPC Slim SFF 4GB, 120GB SSD drive, WLG800, RFXCom, TI103,NetCam, UltraNetcam3, BLBackup, CurrentCost 3P Rain8Net, MCsSprinker, HSTouch, Ademco Security plugin/AD2USB, JowiHue, various Oregon Scientific temp/humidity sensors, Z-Net, Zsmoke, Aeron Labs micro switches, Amazon Echo Dots, WS+, WD+ ... on and on.

Comment

There have been a couple of builds that went out where the update check was disabled (or maybe its disabled in setup).

In this case, just download the MSI file and run it. The link is on the release notes page.

Originally posted by The Profit View Post
                @Rich,
                💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Originally posted by langenet View Post
                  Isn't it just easier to download the MSI and install it? Gives more control...

Robert
                  Plugin's:

Comment

Originally posted by rjh View Post
                    There have been a couple of builds that went out where the update check was disabled (or maybe its disabled in setup).

In this case, just download the MSI file and run it. The link is on the release notes page.

Ok. That must have been the issue in my case. I believe it was running .429 when I tried. Thanks for the reply.

HS3 3.0.0.423 & HSTouch 3.0.55 with 700 Devices, 358 Events
                    Plugin's:
                    BLBackup, BLOccupied, BLShutdown, EasyTrigger, Ecobee,
                    weatherXML, Jon00 Alexa Helper, Network Monitor, Z-Wave 3.0.1.206
                    Plugin's:

Comment

Running since this morning using 3.0.0.435 on HS ZEE S2 ...
                      - In general, it looks good.
                      - One problem remains for me ... HSSentry goes into rolling reboot while the local network is down. This was reported earlier:
                      https://forums.homeseer.com/showpost...&postcount=190

I tried the following different settings in Config/settings.ini and re-ran my experiment with each setting (Test scenario: HS is up and running, disable my WiFi on my LAN, and see if the ZEE restarts):
                      - no SentryIP statement
                      - SentryIP=127.0.0.1
                      - SentryIP=127.0.1.1

My /etc/hosts file is:
                      127.0.0.1 localhost
                      ::1 localhost ip6-localhost ip6-loopback
                      ff02::1 ip6-allnodes
                      ff02::2 ip6-allrouters
                      127.0.1.1 HTZeeS2V2-4015
                      <<--- note: I changed the default name to allow multiple Zees on my local network

My Zee is connected to my LAN using WiFi, and gets a LAN IP address of 10.0.0.129.

Regardless of the SentyIP value in Config/settings.ini, the hs_sentry.log file is consistent with the following error message pattern:
                      --->> Turn off the WiFi AP on my local network here in time
                      4/23/2018 2:06:29 PM:HomeSeer HS3 Sentry Service Started, using IP: 10.0.0.129
                      4/23/2018 2:10:49 PM:Error accessing web server: Error: NameResolutionFailure
                      4/23/2018 2:11:09 PM:Error accessing web server: Error: NameResolutionFailure
                      4/23/2018 2:11:29 PM:Error accessing web server: Error: NameResolutionFailure
                      4/23/2018 2:11:49 PM:Error accessing web server: Error: NameResolutionFailure
                      4/23/2018 2:12:09 PM:Error accessing web server: Error: NameResolutionFailure
                      4/23/2018 2:12:29 PM:Error accessing web server: Error: NameResolutionFailure
                      4/23/2018 2:12:29 PM:Cannot access HomeSeer, shutting down system and re-starting...
                      4/23/2018 2:12:52 PM:HomeSeer HS3 Sentry Service Started, using IP: 127.0.0.1
                      4/23/2018 2:13:13 PM:Error accessing web server: Error: NameResolutionFailure
                      4/23/2018 2:13:33 PM:Error accessing web server: Error: NameResolutionFailure
                      4/23/2018 2:13:53 PM:Error accessing web server: Error: NameResolutionFailure
                      4/23/2018 2:14:13 PM:Error accessing web server: Error: NameResolutionFailure
                      4/23/2018 2:14:33 PM:Error accessing web server: Error: NameResolutionFailure
                      4/23/2018 2:14:53 PM:Error accessing web server: Error: NameResolutionFailure
                      4/23/2018 2:14:53 PM:Cannot access HomeSeer, shutting down system and re-starting...
                      4/23/2018 2:15:15 PM:HomeSeer HS3 Sentry Service Started, using IP: 127.0.0.1
                      4/23/2018 2:15:36 PM:Error accessing web server: Error: NameResolutionFailure
                      4/23/2018 2:15:56 PM:Error accessing web server: Error: NameResolutionFailure
                      4/23/2018 2:16:16 PM:Error accessing web server: Error: NameResolutionFailure
                      4/23/2018 2:16:41 PM:Error accessing web server: Error: NameResolutionFailure
                      4/23/2018 2:17:01 PM:Error accessing web server: Error: NameResolutionFailure
                      4/23/2018 2:17:21 PM:Error accessing web server: Error: NameResolutionFailure
                      4/23/2018 2:17:21 PM:Cannot access HomeSeer, shutting down system and re-starting...
                      ---->>> My WiFi network comes back up here, and the Zee reconnects
                      4/23/2018 2:18:51 PM:HomeSeer HS3 Sentry Service Started, using IP: 10.0.0.129
                      4/23/2018 2:26:32 PM:Error accessing web server: Error: NameResolutionFailure
                      4/23/2018 2:26:52 PM:Error accessing web server: Error: NameResolutionFailure
                      4/23/2018 2:27:12 PM:Error accessing web server: Error: NameResolutionFailure
                      4/23/2018 2:27:32 PM:Error accessing web server: Error: NameResolutionFailure
                      4/23/2018 2:28:32 PM:Error accessing web server: Error: NameResolutionFailure

For now, I plan to disable HSSentry on the HS Setup web page, and run without HSSentry. (Or implement my own home-brew sentry using a simple bash script in a cron job.)

Comment

This is a bit of annoyance but to be fair even large companies like Tesla for example release updates quickly one after another to fix bugs introduced by the update.

Comment

When I saw that the HsEvent queuing logic had been improved in 425, I hoped that a long standing problem that I have been experiencing might be resolved. I waited until things calmed down and installed 435 today. All running fine, but no improvement to my HsEvent problem.

I am running a remote plugin that connects/disconnects throughout the day (tenScripting). It registers for HsEvents.

When I first start the remote plugin, all is fine and Events are received. When stopped, and then restarted, most of the time no HsEvents are received. Sometimes if I wait many minutes, they start coming through, but mostly not.

Eventually I do get errors in the log indicating that HS3 received an object reference error trying to access my HsEvents routine FROM SEVERAL EXECUTIONS BEFORE. I even converted the plugin to connect each time with a different instance name, did not help.

Here is a synopsis from the HS3 log:

14:16 Instance T041414 connected
                          15:02 Instance T041414 disconnected

05:11 T041510 connected
                          16:55 disconnected

17:26 T041725 connected
                          18:39 disconnected

22:27 T042227 connected

23:02 Calling HSEvent in plugin tenScripting, Instance T041414:Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

Note the instance number

If I wait an hour before restarting the remote plugin, I usually get the Events okay, until I stop and restart.

I've tried this running the remote plugin from the same computer as HS3, same problem.

I have tried every way to stop the plugin execution, closing out connections, destroying connection objects, etc, but cannot solve this.

What I found confusing is there is no way to unregister for the events.

Any suggestions on what to try, or how to get better info to HS to help resolve? I open bug report a long time ago. No response.

tenholde
                          Attached Files
                          tenholde

Comment

See Bug Reports 635 and 1421

tenholde
                            tenholde

Comment

Also see bug 1425. This defines my situation well. Remote plugin running terminates itself, after disconnecting. Callback does not appear to be cleaned up.

This bug was closed, but did not seem to respond with a fix. I am seeing the same problem.

What is the proper procedure for a remote plugin to terminate while it has register for HsEvents?

tenholde
                              tenholde

Comment

Working...
                              X