www.homeseer.com    

Go Back   HomeSeer Message Board > HomeSeer Products & Services > HomeSeer General Discussion Area

HomeSeer General Discussion Area General discussion about HomeSeer that does not fall into any other category or are not specific to 1.x or 2.x versions of HomeSeer.

Old February 17th, 2016, 04:32 PM
Seer

Remotec ZRC-90us on Homeseer

I just picked up a couple of these: http://products.z-wavealliance.org/products/1526 which seem awesome but I guess I was expecting it to show up in the Events page like the Minimote which allows you to choose the button press (or long press) to activate the event.

The node shows up on the device page but I can't seem to figure out how to trigger an event with any of the buttons.

Thanks!

Bill
Old February 18th, 2016, 12:30 AM
Seer Master

I inquired about this remote a week or two ago, and didn't receive any replies.

Still haven't bought it, but off hand . . . If you click on a button, in the device management page, does anything change for the device?

Also, can you provide screen captures of the Z-Wave configuration tab for the device (everything expanded).

Ultimately, and hopefully, what you can do is associate HomeSeer with the device in some way, and then when you click a button, HomeSeer will know. For example, if there are "X" scenes (I think 8?) that you can program with this device, you would need to associate HomeSeer in each scene, and then you can use events to trigger when the scene is turned on/off.

I may be able to provide further assistance with the screen caps, tho.
Old February 19th, 2016, 11:46 AM
Seer Master

Would love to see that supported, it looks much nicer on the wall than a minimote.
Old February 21st, 2016, 06:27 PM
Seer

Count me interested too. It seems a very affordable and clean way to trigger events or scenes. IF it works with HS, of course.

Does anything show up in the logs when clicking the buttons?

The manual mentions about needing to LEARN the nodes in the network from the primary controller. There is a chance it may want to talk to zwave devices by itself, instead of sending a signal to the primary controller.
Old February 22nd, 2016, 02:11 PM
Seer

I'm glad to see interest in this device because I agree that it can be a great asset to our HomeSeer systems. I am uploading a few screenshots which will hopefully help. If it's not obvious by now that I'm a hap-hazard inexperienced user it will be when you look at my logs.

ADDITIONAL NOTE: Each one of the Unhandled frame notations in tan in the log are from when I pressed a button on the Remotec

Thank you for your guidance.

Bill
Attached Images

Last edited by IMBillRE; February 22nd, 2016 at 02:39 PM. Reason: thought of something else worth noting
Old February 22nd, 2016, 04:40 PM
Seer Master

Two things.

First, click on Associations for the device, and for each group, make sure HomeSeer is associated.

Second, make sure that you have added this as a secondary controller. To do so, under the Z-Wave plug-in controller actions, select the item that says something like "send network to secondary controller." And make sure that the remote is woke up so it can receive it.
Old February 26th, 2016, 01:37 AM
Seer

Quote:
Originally Posted by IMBillRE View Post
ADDITIONAL NOTE: Each one of the Unhandled frame notations in tan in the log are from when I pressed a button on the Remotec
Same here:

Quote:
Z-Wave Warning Z-Stick: Unhandled frame for command class: COMMAND_CLASS_CENTRAL_SCENE Received on interface Z-Stick
According to this thread the NODON OCTAN remote also sends CENTRAL SCENE commands, and support was added for the OCTAN in the 3.0.1.41 beta Z-Wave plugin back in October 2015.

I'm wondering if the OCTAN was the first device ever seen by HS3 that used CENTRAL SCENE commands. If so, then it's possible that plugins prior to 3.0.1.41 don't know how to handle CENTRAL SCENE.