www.homeseer.com    

Go Back   HomeSeer Message Board > 3rd Party Plug-Ins/Scripts > Plug-ins by Author > Click Here for List of Author Forums > Rien Du Pre Plug-Ins > Caddx

Caddx This is the discussion area for the Caddx plug-in.

Old February 13th, 2016, 03:16 PM
Seer Master

Ah sorry I did't understand you.

I have to check if the API support the status of the panel battery.

Rien du Pre
The Netherlands
Using:
Homeseer PRO 3.0.0.368 on Windows 7 US - Running in a VM on a Mac Mini
Plugin's:
A10, HStouch, RFXCOM, Plugwise, Caddx, HarmonyHub, BLPlex, BLShutdown, BLLogMonitor, BLRadar, BLBackup, FritzBox, JsonConfigForHomekit, Log2Text, BLLAN, PHLocation, ThinkingCleaner, IPThermostat, WeatherXML, Z-Wave
Link to the forum of my Plug-ins http://board.homeseer.com/forumdisplay.php?f=1216
Old February 15th, 2016, 12:53 PM
Seer Master

OK. Thanks!

What I would like to do is have an event that announces that the battery needs to be changed when it is reported as low by the panel.
Old February 19th, 2016, 11:50 AM
Seer Master

Anything new on this? Does the API contain anything about the panel battery?

If I could get the Aux Output to report low battery like it is supposed to, I could solve my problem without having to use the plug-in for this.

Thanks.
Old February 19th, 2016, 04:52 PM
Seer Master

Hi,

Yes it is possible, but I need to find the time to add this feature to the plugin.
I have a busy time ahead of me, so it will take some time.
Old February 19th, 2016, 09:21 PM
Seer Master

OK. Great - Thanks!!
Old February 29th, 2016, 11:28 AM
Seer Deluxe

Feature Requests Follow-Up

I wanted to follow up on some of the questions asked earlier.

The chime toggle does not seem to be working correctly. Using the control button for the Toggle Chime under device management works. It toggles the chime LED on the keypad. The string status of the chime does not change in for the device. The device value also does not change. I could get by with not having the status change under "STATUS" if the VALUE where to change according between zero and some other value but no matter what toggle step is taken, the value remains at zero. Is this something you are also seeing and is there a plan to resolve this in a future release?

For the second item below, could the plugin provide a setting to allow events to be logged to a file. Setting debug in the setup is too verbose. I would like to just record the history of device transitions such as "Hallway Motion Faulted - {timestamp}" and eventually "Hallway Motion Normal - {timestamp}". Currently with debug turned off, no device changes are recorded to the HS log. Perhaps just allowing them to be written to the HS log would be sufficient.

Thanks in advance for your consideration...-Cliff

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbabkirk View Post
Hell Rien,

Great plug-in. Looking thru some of the recent requests and hope you get a chance to add these when you get time.

1) On the chime toggle. It would be great if the chime status could have an "Off" value and an "On" value. Currently, when I toggle the chime, the value remains "On" or 100 regardless if it is on or off. I would like to be able to check the status to determine which mode the chime is in currently in case I want to set it to either Off or On. Perhaps the toggle should be changed to an Off button and an On button.

2) Could you add "Last Zone Faulted". When selected, this would include the "Zone History" with Date/Time and Status. Also include the records to display. These were in the jvCaddx plug-in and I found this useful to inspect which zones faulted and in what sequence. Good tool if you want to know what path someone took assuming you have a lot of motion sensors in place.

-Cliff
Old June 5th, 2016, 02:15 PM
Seer Deluxe

Run two instances

Is it possible to run two instances of the plugin? I would like to monitor my fathers alarm system at his house using a GC-100 (network serial interface). I tried renaming the plugin but it errored out.
Old June 5th, 2016, 02:19 PM
Seer Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdr2bpa View Post
Is it possible to run two instances of the plugin? I would like to monitor my fathers alarm system at his house using a GC-100 (network serial interface). I tried renaming the plugin but it errored out.
Not at the moment. I can set the plugin to multi instance and see what happens if you test it ?

Do you like to try this ?
Old June 5th, 2016, 03:45 PM
Seer Deluxe

I will test it

Absolutely - I can test it.

Thanks
Old July 1st, 2016, 08:30 PM
Seer Deluxe

Status of Multi-instance

Have you had a chance to compile the multiple instance version?
Old August 11th, 2016, 08:15 PM
Seer Deluxe

Quote:
Have you had a chance to compile the multiple instance version?
Updates?

Thanks,
Josh
Old September 4th, 2016, 07:23 AM
Seer Master

Quote:
Updates?

Thanks,
Josh
Sorry for the delay, I have tested it but it doesn't work. It will be a lot off rewriting before this might be working. I don't have that time on a short term
Old December 16th, 2016, 07:49 PM
Seer Master

I would like to be able to trigger the siren on for panic mode. I was able to do that with the HS2 jvCaddx plug-in with a panel action P1 Police Panic which turned on the siren and made phone calls and put out text messages. I was able to trigger it from HSTouch screen and from the caddx keypad.

I configured the keypad to turn on the siren if the Police button on the keypad is held down for a few seconds. Then I put a screen on the touch pads with a button that also had to be held down for 3 seconds which would cause the siren to go off. I can make it work from the keypad with no problem, but to do it from a touch screen would require a command be sent to the caddx from HS3 to trigger the siren on.

Is this something that you could incorporate into the plug-in or if you could share some examples of the code you use to send and receive data from the panel I might be able to figure it out. I have a copy of the protocol. I see the function call for Police Panic is shown on page 22 of the protocol.

Last edited by noopara; December 16th, 2016 at 08:07 PM.
Old May 31st, 2017, 07:50 PM
Seer Deluxe

A few requests:

I'm creating an additional device to see at a glance the alarm status. Conditions would include "ready to arm", "not ready", "exit delay", "entry delay", etc. . .

Since the plug-in is already doing this work to generate the event triggers, it seems like another device would be nice. Then we could use the triggers "changed to state X" instead of your predefined triggers. I suppose I can make it work as it, though.

I'd like to second the logging request - to have zone and partition events listed in the log without having to do a debug log. Things like entry delay, exit delay would be helpful too.

Also, some documentation would be great. If you wanted help with that, I'd be willing to work on it. Especially since so much CADDX reference info is needed to set all this up, and having everybody dig through the jvCADDX forum is less than ideal.

Another request - after using the control to BYPASS or UN-BYPASS a zone, it would be good to do a status refresh request to refresh the device status. It would also provide confirmation that the control request was effective. I've run into trouble where I hit bypass and nothing happens.

Thanks!

Last edited by timlacey; June 1st, 2017 at 05:13 PM.
Old June 28th, 2017, 10:28 PM
Seer

Would it be possible to use replacement variables with this plug in? I'd like to display the value of some devices on my keypads; however, when I try this it just displays the variable name as a string instead of the value.

For instance, I'd like to display Pool Temp 80.2 -- where you'd put something like Pool Temp $$DVR:290: in the event.

Thanks
Nick