www.homeseer.com    

Go Back   HomeSeer Message Board > HomeSeer Products & Services > HomeSeer General Discussion Area

HomeSeer General Discussion Area General discussion about HomeSeer that does not fall into any other category or are not specific to 1.x or 2.x versions of HomeSeer.

Old October 11th, 2017, 10:42 PM
OverSeer

Here is a video of how the remote functions in my system. This is the replacement, the first one was the same.

"Do or do not, there is no try"
-Yoda

PHLocation - Pushover - EasyTrigger - UltraECM3 - Ultra1Wire3 - Arduino
Old October 11th, 2017, 10:56 PM
Seer Deluxe

Quote:
Originally Posted by rprade View Post
Reading through the manual I found this. Looking at step 3 seems to say the LED is indicating that the scene is not valid, yet a second press creates a double flash and a central scene transmission which is not described. Mine flashes rapidly 6 times after the first press.

Attachment 63854
When I included it again today I pressed the "L" button and it went in ok and created the 2 child devices. I also noticed that the LED kept blinking for a few seconds after the screen showed it was done including, so I waited until the led quit before I closed.

When I press a button it only flashes once and the command is very fast to complete. I am using easy trigger also in my scenes.

It gives a battery report and then executes the command. Only 1 sec between.
Old October 11th, 2017, 11:01 PM
OverSeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by cowinger View Post
When I included it again today I pressed the "L" button and it went in ok and created the 2 child devices. I also noticed that the LED kept blinking for a few seconds after the screen showed it was done including, so I waited until the led quit before I closed.

When I press a button it only flashes once and the command is very fast to complete. I am using easy trigger also in my scenes.

It gives a battery report and then executes the command. Only 1 sec between.
As you can see in the video above, mine doesn't work that way. Easy Trigger would only come into play if the device reports correctly.
Old October 11th, 2017, 11:37 PM
Seer Deluxe

Quote:
As you can see in the video above, mine doesn't work that way. Easy Trigger would only come into play if the device reports correctly.
I saw the video. Mine only blinks once per press as I said. I am going to try including/excluding it again tomorrow and make sure I am not missing something. I only brought up easy trigger to give you as much info as I could.
Old October 12th, 2017, 12:40 AM
Seer Deluxe

I went ahead and did another exclude/include.

1. the led does blink twice in succession. first time for which button pressed and the second for a battery report
2. both child devices were created again
3. the only thing I have left to try is to check the little slide switch on the back and make sure it is fully in the up position or OP

Other than the above I am out of suggestions.
Old October 12th, 2017, 11:43 AM
OverSeer

Quote:
I went ahead and did another exclude/include.

1. the led does blink twice in succession. first time for which button pressed and the second for a battery report
2. both child devices were created again
3. the only thing I have left to try is to check the little slide switch on the back and make sure it is fully in the up position or OP

Other than the above I am out of suggestions.
I am fairly sure it is something different in the units I am getting. One thought might be the firmware versions of yours versus mine. If the firmware is the same, I'm thinking there may be some setting by parameter or a series of button presses that changes the behavior. Here is the info on the unit I have:

Name:  Capture.jpg
Views: 58
Size:  45.6 KB
Old October 12th, 2017, 12:31 PM
Seer Deluxe

Quote:
I am fairly sure it is something different in the units I am getting. One thought might be the firmware versions of yours versus mine. If the firmware is the same, I'm thinking there may be some setting by parameter or a series of button presses that changes the behavior. Here is the info on the unit I have:

Attachment 63863
Here is what I get for info. I also played around with it before I got it to work again and remember pressing "W" first then "L" then hit start. Couldn't tell you if that made a difference or not.
Attached Images

Old October 12th, 2017, 12:47 PM
OverSeer

Quote:
Here is what I get for info. I also played around with it before I got it to work again and remember pressing "W" first then "L" then hit start. Couldn't tell you if that made a difference or not.
Since they are both the same it makes me more suspicious that this is some sort of configuration of the device. Since there seems to be no direct support for Remotec in the US, I will email them in Hong Kong.
Old October 12th, 2017, 12:53 PM
Seer Deluxe

Quote:
Since they are both the same it makes me more suspicious that this is some sort of configuration of the device. Since there seems to be no direct support for Remotec in the US, I will email them in Hong Kong.
Take a close look at the manual where it talks about it being a primary or secondary controller. Secondary controller says it is used for triggering pre-defined scenes thru the gateway.

Does it need to configured as a secondary? "W" + "R" until led lights up then I assume wait until led goes off. I pushed a lot of combinations of those 3 buttons so who knows if I did this or not to make it work.

update: looks like that is used to transfer all info from primary to a second 90us so not going to help.
Old October 12th, 2017, 01:58 PM
OverSeer

Quote:
Take a close look at the manual where it talks about it being a primary or secondary controller. Secondary controller says it is used for triggering pre-defined scenes thru the gateway.

Does it need to configured as a secondary? "W" + "R" until led lights up then I assume wait until led goes off. I pushed a lot of combinations of those 3 buttons so who knows if I did this or not to make it work.

update: looks like that is used to transfer all info from primary to a second 90us so not going to help.
I have included them as secure and non secure nodes as well as sending network information to another controller from the Z-Wave controller drop down. It behaves the same no matter the way it is included.

You included yours as a node by pressing the “L” button, which also works on mine. That method includes it as a node (secure or not) and the device is recognized ad a controller.

I sent an email to Hong Kong. If they give any sort of affirmative response I will post back. If not, I will return this one and discontinue the experiment.
Old October 12th, 2017, 02:16 PM
Seer Deluxe

Quote:
I have included them as secure and non secure nodes as well as sending network information to another controller from the Z-Wave controller drop down. It behaves the same no matter the way it is included.

You included yours as a node by pressing the “L” button, which also works on mine. That method includes it as a node (secure or not) and the device is recognized ad a controller.

I sent an email to Hong Kong. If they give any sort of affirmative response I will post back. If not, I will return this one and discontinue the experiment.
Randy I found this email address, don't know if this is what you used or not.

rtlsales@remotec.com.hk <rtlsales@remotec.com.hk>;

Also here is a page I found with some info on the product itself. May be useful.

https://www.remotec.com.hk/wp-conten...6_20151228.pdf
Old October 17th, 2017, 12:20 PM
OverSeer

Two emails and still no response from Remotec. While I like the idea of these remotes, these are going back. It is time to look elsewhere.

EDIT: I just got a reply from Remotec. As usual, the finger pointing begins.

“Sorry for late reply. We have checked your video, and see it acts without issue on the remote, the remote sent correct command but gateway does not trigger scenes, so it is related to gateway setup or implementation, could you please ask for homeseer for correct setup?”.

I really do not feel this answer is correct, since Z-Wave command logging clearly shows only a battery report is sent on the initial press. Since I am unable to know where the problems lie, it is still time to move on.

Last edited by rprade; October 17th, 2017 at 01:11 PM.
Old October 17th, 2017, 07:51 PM
Seer Deluxe

@rprade - Interesting, because I happened to buy an entirely different device https://www.amazon.com/Topvico-Detec...e+water+sensor and all it would report was the battery level when tested.

I did pair it with an Aeotec Z-stick and Domoticz and got more info besides battery level when tested but I gave up on it because it ate batteries overnight. It didn't matter if it worked with one controller and not another at that point.

Maybe there is something weird in HS3. Just throwing it out there.
Old October 17th, 2017, 08:14 PM
OverSeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by racerfern View Post
@rprade - Interesting, because I happened to buy an entirely different device https://www.amazon.com/Topvico-Detec...e+water+sensor and all it would report was the battery level when tested.

I did pair it with an Aeotec Z-stick and Domoticz and got more info besides battery level when tested but I gave up on it because it ate batteries overnight. It didn't matter if it worked with one controller and not another at that point.

Maybe there is something weird in HS3. Just throwing it out there.
It could be. But when both parties point a finger at the other, I feel like I am in the middle of a circular firing squad. I don't have the ability, desire or patience to continue diagnos this. If they get sorted in the future, I will consider buying one again, because the device would be perfect in our living and media rooms.
Old October 18th, 2017, 03:52 PM
Seer Deluxe

Randy, do you have a homeseer smartstick+? If so maybe trying to include this with it connected as a controller may or may not make a difference. I have this controller and as you already know mine works. So I don't know but it is possible that it could make a difference. It might be worth a try.

Racerfern mentioned he tried the z-stick and had better luck. Not sure what all he got to come in, he did not say.

But all I know is it works with the smartstick+ if that is worth anything to you.
Old October 18th, 2017, 04:00 PM
OverSeer

Quote:
Randy, do you have a homeseer smartstick+? If so maybe trying to include this with it connected as a controller may or may not make a difference. I have this controller and as you already know mine works. So I don't know but it is possible that it could make a difference. It might be worth a try.

Racerfern mentioned he tried the z-stick and had better luck. Not sure what all he got to come in, he did not say.

But all I know is it works with the SmartStick + if that is worth anything to you.
I appreciate the suggestion, but I don't have a SmartStick + and I no longer have the remote. I doubt one controller would work differently than another since they are all using the same Sigma chips. Even if it works with a SmartStick +, that wouldn't help as I have 3 Z-Nets deployed in a very reliable network. I have no desire to mess with a stable network.
Old October 18th, 2017, 06:48 PM
Seer Deluxe

Quote:
I appreciate the suggestion, but I don't have a SmartStick + and I no longer have the remote. I doubt one controller would work differently than another since they are all using the same Sigma chips. Even if it works with a SmartStick +, that wouldn't help as I have 3 Z-Nets deployed in a very reliable network. I have no desire to mess with a stable network.
I understand, just one last stab at it. I hate defeat. We can put it to rest for now but I hope we can resolve this in the future.
Old October 28th, 2017, 07:32 PM
Seer Deluxe

I just took delivery of one of these and it added as a Remotec. First I did a reset per instructions and info in this thread, then I added the unit. It appears it is FAD since I am getting logs such as scene set to 4000 or 8003.

I'm curious if users are adding it as a secondary controller or if they are writing events based on the key presses. I know a little about events and absolutely nothing about scenes other than events and linking appear to be more popular that setting scenes, I think.

Current Date/Time: 10/28/2017 19:31:20
HomeSeer Version: HS3 Standard Edition 3.0.0.368
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 Home - Work Station
System Uptime: 0 Days 3 Hours 26 Minutes 21 Seconds
IP Address: 192.168.1.177
Number of Devices: 288
Number of Events: 75
Available Threads: 200

Enabled Plug-Ins
2.0.53.0: BLOnkyo
3.0.0.11: CM15A
3.0.0.40: EasyTrigger
1.1.12.0: Honeywell WiFi Thermostat
3.0.0.28: MediaController
3.0.1.109: PHLocation
1.0.0.5: Restart
3.0.5.2: SDJ-Health
3.0.0.77: weatherXML
3.0.1.152: Z-Wave
Old October 28th, 2017, 08:03 PM
Seer Deluxe

Quote:
Originally Posted by racerfern View Post
I just took delivery of one of these and it added as a Remotec. First I did a reset per instructions and info in this thread, then I added the unit. It appears it is FAD since I am getting logs such as scene set to 4000 or 8003.

I'm curious if users are adding it as a secondary controller or if they are writing events based on the key presses. I know a little about events and absolutely nothing about scenes other than events and linking appear to be more popular that setting scenes, I think.

Current Date/Time: 10/28/2017 19:31:20
HomeSeer Version: HS3 Standard Edition 3.0.0.368
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 Home - Work Station
System Uptime: 0 Days 3 Hours 26 Minutes 21 Seconds
IP Address: 192.168.1.177
Number of Devices: 288
Number of Events: 75
Available Threads: 200

Enabled Plug-Ins
2.0.53.0: BLOnkyo
3.0.0.11: CM15A
3.0.0.40: EasyTrigger
1.1.12.0: Honeywell WiFi Thermostat
3.0.0.28: MediaController
3.0.1.109: PHLocation
1.0.0.5: Restart
3.0.5.2: SDJ-Health
3.0.0.77: weatherXML
3.0.1.152: Z-Wave
I use events for mine. See pic in post #54. The device list in the UI looks like the pic in post #48.
Old October 28th, 2017, 09:43 PM
Seer Deluxe

Cool. My display looks like yours.

I understand one press and two press, but I don't see how key released would work as you eventually have to let go of a key.

Also key press and hold and eventually release seems to yield two codes. This has potential but is also a bit confusing. Do you see this, @cowinger?

It also seems there are four functions for each key making 32 possibilities.