www.homeseer.com    

Go Back   HomeSeer Message Board > 3rd Party Plug-Ins/Scripts > Plug-ins by Author > Click Here for List of Author Forums > Spud Plug-Ins > Chromecast (3P)

Chromecast (3P) Discussions related to the HS3 Chromecast plugin by Spud.

Old October 21st, 2017, 08:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by peterpc View Post
I am building a screen in HSTouch and get the attached error when changing the volume.
Is it because the volume is with a lot of numbers?
Value 20.0000002980232 = "20%"
I'm not sure, but it looks like HSTouch doesn't like that.
I will try to round the volume values to the nearest integer in the next version
Old October 21st, 2017, 08:40 AM
Seer Deluxe

Quote:
Originally Posted by abwyatt View Post
Whenever I reboot my SEL, the plugin turns on my 2 TVs that have Chromecast2s on them and leaves the blue chromecast icon screen showing.....
I noticed something similar. I have my Chromecast connected to my AVR with CEC enabled. When motion is detected on one of my ZWave sensors, my TV would turn on. Very odd. This problem went away when I disabled that particular Chromecast in the plugin. I, however, don't get any indication in the logs to show it's activating the CEC function of my Chromecast which in event looks like whats turning the tv on.
Old October 21st, 2017, 11:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sireone View Post
I noticed something similar. I have my Chromecast connected to my AVR with CEC enabled. When motion is detected on one of my ZWave sensors, my TV would turn on. Very odd. This problem went away when I disabled that particular Chromecast in the plugin. I, however, don't get any indication in the logs to show it's activating the CEC function of my Chromecast which in event looks like whats turning the tv on.
If you have a Speak action somehow linked to your ZWave sensors, this could trigger this behavior, as the chromecast would turn on the AVR and TV to speak the text.
Old October 21st, 2017, 03:39 PM
Viewer

I installed the new beta and was able to put in the right url now. Unfortunately I wasn't able to cast it. The default media receiver opens but nothing happens.
Old October 21st, 2017, 03:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by superwerder View Post
I installed the new beta and was able to put in the right url now. Unfortunately I wasn't able to cast it. The default media receiver opens but nothing happens.
any error in the logs?
can you try with a simple mp4 url like this one: https://commondatastorage.googleapis...GoogleCast.mp4

If it works with the mp4 url, could you pm me the url you are trying to cast?
Old October 21st, 2017, 04:32 PM
Seer Deluxe

Quote:
Originally Posted by spud View Post
If you have a Speak action somehow linked to your ZWave sensors, this could trigger this behavior, as the chromecast would turn on the AVR and TV to speak the text.
As an option, can the Speak Proxy be limited to Chromecast Audio and Google Home?

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk
Old Yesterday, 04:42 AM
Seer Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sireone View Post
As an option, can the Speak Proxy be limited to Chromecast Audio and Google Home?

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk
Disable the Chromecast in config and it won't speak.

http://ohh.pcgsm.nl