Soundgraph FingerVU 7" touchscreen

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Soundgraph FingerVU 7" touchscreen

Has anyone looked at the Soundgraph FingerVU 706? It's a 7" USB connected display with resistive touchscreen. It has 800x480 resolution and is powered over USB.

I just purchased one to play with. It's $179, which for me is the right price point. I never could stomach the though of $700-$800 for a touchscreen. It comes with FingerUI (which to me looks kind of like HStouch or similar) and an API.

Just wondering if anyone else has tried this. I'll post my results once I get it.
    HS Pro 3.0 | Linux Ubuntu 16.04 x64 virtualized under Proxmox (KVM)
    Hardware: Z-NET - W800 Serial - Digi PortServer TS/8 and TS/16 serial to Ethernet - Insteon PLM - RFXCOM - X10 Wireless
    Plugins: HSTouch iOS and Android, RFXCOM, BlueIris, BLLock, BLDSC, BLRF, Insteon PLM (MNSandler), Device History, Ecobee, BLRing, Kodi, UltraWeatherWU3
    Second home: Zee S2 with Z-Wave, CT101 Z-Wave Thermostat, Aeotec Z-Wave microswitches, HSM200 occupancy sensor, Ecolink Z-Wave door sensors, STI Driveway Monitor interfaced to Zee S2 GPIO pins.

Are you going to use it with HSTouch?
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Originally posted by Rupp View Post
      Are you going to use it with HSTouch?
      I'm thinking about it. I just got the screen in today and so far I'm pretty impressed with it. The FingerUI application it comes with seems like it's pretty slick. It uses little widget icons for different functions. I'm investigating to see if I can somehow plug HSTouch in as a widget.

One interesting thing about the screen - and I'm not sure if this is good or bad - it does not emulate a mouse. You have to use their software or the API to read the touchscreen. They say they did that so that it won't interfere with the main screen/mouse.
      HS Pro 3.0 | Linux Ubuntu 16.04 x64 virtualized under Proxmox (KVM)
      Hardware: Z-NET - W800 Serial - Digi PortServer TS/8 and TS/16 serial to Ethernet - Insteon PLM - RFXCOM - X10 Wireless
      Plugins: HSTouch iOS and Android, RFXCOM, BlueIris, BLLock, BLDSC, BLRF, Insteon PLM (MNSandler), Device History, Ecobee, BLRing, Kodi, UltraWeatherWU3
      Second home: Zee S2 with Z-Wave, CT101 Z-Wave Thermostat, Aeotec Z-Wave microswitches, HSM200 occupancy sensor, Ecolink Z-Wave door sensors, STI Driveway Monitor interfaced to Zee S2 GPIO pins.

Comment

Working...
      X