• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

variables not working

HS3.
    I cannot make this speech template work:

"Current weather conditions for $station:
    Temperature is $temp and $current-condition.
    Humidity is $humidity (feels like $feels-like).
    Winds $wind-direction at $wind-speed with
    wind gusts $gust-direction at $gust-speed."

HS keep saying "dollar temp" instead of speaking the variable values.

I also try this in a event:
    hs.Speak "The temperature is $temp" does not work.

I tested with $date and $time and they work OK.

I could not find how to make this work on the guide.

I am able to see the devices created but cannot have HS to speak the device values.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

In order to support replacement variables within hs.speak, I would need to register my plug-in as a speak proxy. I made the required changes to support this, but I am now wondering if this was a good idea. I sent an e-mail to Rich asking about the speak proxy and will post an update here once I hear back from him.

In the mean time, the replacement variables are only supported by my plug-in's Speak Weather action.

Regards,
    Ultrajones
    Last edited by Ultrajones; January 12, 2014, 10:32 AM. Reason: fixed typo
    Plug-ins: UltraMon, UltraM1G, UltraCID, Ultra1Wire, UltraLog, UltraWeatherBug, UltraPioneerAVR, UltraGCIR

Comment

Thank you.
      How do I use your "Speaker Weather" action? Is this in your guide?

Comment

Originally posted by Ultrajones View Post
        In order to support replacement variables within hs.speak, I would need to register my plug-in as a speak proxy. I made the required changes to support this, but I am now wondering if this was a good idea. I sent an e-mail to Rich asking about the speak proxy and will post an update here once I hear back from him.

In the mean time, the replacement variables are only support by my plug-in's Speak Weather action.

Regards,
        Ultrajones
        I am not sure if you discussed this with Rich and/or created a bugzilla, but it would really be nice if plugins could register as a "replacement variable provider" (similar to speak proxy). When hs.ReplaceVariables() is called in addition to built in replacement, it would call registered plugins for additional replacement. What do you think?

Comment

Yes, this is exactly what Rich and Rick are discussing. They have not yet decided on how they will be providing this functionality to plug-ins.

Regards,
          Ultrajones
          Plug-ins: UltraMon, UltraM1G, UltraCID, Ultra1Wire, UltraLog, UltraWeatherBug, UltraPioneerAVR, UltraGCIR

Comment

Any progress on this

I would like to be able to use variables from your plug in with hs.speak commands i have in scripts.

Comment

Working...
            X