Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Connecting w800 with serial server com port?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Connecting w800 with serial server com port?

Hello,

I have just switched over to using a quatech ethernet serial server for all of my com ports. I configured it correctly, and see all the ports listed in my device manager. I successfully setup z-wave with a z-troller, a UPB PIM, and MCsSprinklers with a rain8. The only problem is trying to configure a 32bit wgl w800 rf reciever with RFxcom. I had been using a usb serial adapter with this reciever and the RFXcom plugin since it was available for HS3. However, when I open the w800 device and go to the RFXcom tab to select the new com port, non of the quatech com ports are listed. Any idea why they are not listed, and how to select one of them?

If anyone knows the answer I could use some help. Thanks!

HS3 : HSpro (3.0.0.460) on Win2012 (vm on ESXi)
    Plugins: HSTouch, UPBSpud, Kinect, Nest, IFTTT, DirecTV, EasyTrigger, Imperihome, Zwave, RFXcom, UltraMon3, UltraWeatherBug3, UltraGCIR3, UltraLog3, UltraPioneer, PHLocation, Pushover, Pushalot, MCSSPrinklers S, JowiHue
    Jon00 Plugins: Bluetooth Proximity, Performance Monitor, DB Chart, Links

Nevermind. I figured it out. The com port was configured incorrectly on the serial server, and the plugin was smart enough not to offer it as a selection.

This is really a great plugin!

HS3 : HSpro (3.0.0.460) on Win2012 (vm on ESXi)
    Plugins: HSTouch, UPBSpud, Kinect, Nest, IFTTT, DirecTV, EasyTrigger, Imperihome, Zwave, RFXcom, UltraMon3, UltraWeatherBug3, UltraGCIR3, UltraLog3, UltraPioneer, PHLocation, Pushover, Pushalot, MCSSPrinklers S, JowiHue
    Jon00 Plugins: Bluetooth Proximity, Performance Monitor, DB Chart, Links

Comment

Working...
    X