www.homeseer.com    

Go Back   HomeSeer Message Board > HomeSeer Products & Services > HomeSeer General Discussion Area

HomeSeer General Discussion Area General discussion about HomeSeer that does not fall into any other category or are not specific to 1.x or 2.x versions of HomeSeer.

Old September 30th, 2017, 04:36 PM
OverSeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bebaldin View Post
Good deal. Thanks!

When mine was working, I had 16 functions operational (single press and double press). It even passed the wife test (who now says - when are you going to fix that switch thingee LOL).
It should have 32 functions, 4 for each switch.
  • Press and hold
  • Key Released
  • Single press
  • Double press
The Key Released function has limited use,

"Do or do not, there is no try"
-Yoda

PHLocation - Pushover - EasyTrigger - UltraECM3 - Ultra1Wire3 - Arduino
Old October 3rd, 2017, 04:37 PM
OverSeer

Quote:
Good deal. Thanks!

When mine was working, I had 16 functions operational (single press and double press). It even passed the wife test (who now says - when are you going to fix that switch thingee LOL).
Rich just posted 3.0.1.147 which should fix this. I will test it when I get my remote back. If you want to test it, Rich would like to verify it is including properly.
Old October 4th, 2017, 07:21 AM
Seer Deluxe

Quote:
Originally Posted by rprade View Post
Rich just posted 3.0.1.147 which should fix this. I will test it when I get my remote back. If you want to test it, Rich would like to verify it is including properly.
I will test this tonight when I get home from work. Thank you!
Old October 6th, 2017, 11:50 AM
Seer Deluxe

Worked like a charm. Installed the updated plug-in and was able to get the Remotec working without issue. Thanks again!
Old October 6th, 2017, 12:08 PM
OverSeer

Quote:
Worked like a charm. Installed the updated plug-in and was able to get the Remotec working without issue. Thanks again!
Cool! I should get mine back soon. I’m anxious to try. Rich did say he was surprised they ever worked before.
Old October 8th, 2017, 01:38 PM
OverSeer

Is yours reporting all 4 functions for each key? I included the device and all 32 status values were created. In using the remote I am only getting “Key Released” for all 8. I do not get “Key Pressed”, “Key Pressed Twice” or “Key Held”. I tried including it as a ZWave node and unsecured. I also tried sending network information to another controller. None of these methods made the remote work correctly. Adding a node non secure seems to include it properly each time and always creates the complete list of status values, but only registers “KeyReleased” after a long press in use.
Old October 8th, 2017, 04:37 PM
OverSeer

A little more detail on this. On mine I have to press any key to wake it up, then when the blue LED is flashing rapidly, a command can be sent. If another key is pressed while the LED is flashing rapidly it will send each of the commands. The command sent is confirmed by two flashes of the LED. If a key is not pressed during the time the LED is flashing rapidly, the whole process must e started over. It will not send any command at all unless it is "awakened" first with a button press. The first press of a button when the device is asleep only sends a battery level report. This behavior makes the device almost useless. Can anyone else with one of these confirm that this behavior is normal or if something is wrong with mine?

Last edited by rprade; October 8th, 2017 at 04:52 PM.
Old October 9th, 2017, 02:52 PM
Seer Deluxe

Quote:
A little more detail on this. On mine I have to press any key to wake it up, then when the blue LED is flashing rapidly, a command can be sent. If another key is pressed while the LED is flashing rapidly it will send each of the commands. The command sent is confirmed by two flashes of the LED. If a key is not pressed during the time the LED is flashing rapidly, the whole process must e started over. It will not send any command at all unless it is "awakened" first with a button press. The first press of a button when the device is asleep only sends a battery level report. This behavior makes the device almost useless. Can anyone else with one of these confirm that this behavior is normal or if something is wrong with mine?
That is the way mine works as well. I have to press the key, and then when blinking do a single or double press to run the requested command. So far, I have only used 16 total, so I have not tried to do anything but single and double press.

I would have preferred to not have to do the initial wake up press, but I have not been able to make it work any other way. Mine was like this when it was first set up as well.
Old October 9th, 2017, 03:17 PM
OverSeer

Quote:
That is the way mine works as well. I have to press the key, and then when blinking do a single or double press to run the requested command. So far, I have only used 16 total, so I have not tried to do anything but single and double press.

I would have preferred to not have to do the initial wake up press, but I have not been able to make it work any other way. Mine was like this when it was first set up as well.
That makes them pretty much useless to me. I only have a less than two second window for the second press as it must be pressed while the LED is blinking. I am getting a replacement for mine to see if they are all this way.
Old October 9th, 2017, 06:58 PM
Seer Deluxe

Quote:
That makes them pretty much useless to me. I only have a less than two second window for the second press as it must be pressed while the LED is blinking. I am getting a replacement for mine to see if they are all this way.
Not sure why you all have to press the button twice on your units. I only have to press a key once for it to send the command. This is bizarre. I have been following this so I thought I would chime in here as to the difference between mine and yours. Not sure what is going on. A different model or did they change something in their programming?

The back of my unit has:
BW8510US
ZRC-90US
Old October 9th, 2017, 07:42 PM
OverSeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by cowinger View Post
Not sure why you all have to press the button twice on your units. I only have to press a key once for it to send the command. This is bizarre. I have been following this so I thought I would chime in here as to the difference between mine and yours. Not sure what is going on. A different model or did they change something in their programming?

The back of my unit has:
BW8510US
ZRC-90US
I have a new one coming. I will look at the numbers and post how it works when included.
Old October 9th, 2017, 08:42 PM
Super Seer

I just picked mine up from sitting since testing last night and double tapped "2" and got 2003. I then held "7" for a few seconds and released, got a "7002" and then "7001". I then held "6" down for 10 seconds and got an initial 6002 and then a 6001 on release. A quick tap on "1" got me a "1000". Seems to be working as advertised.

This is the remote I've been waiting for to replace the old X10 palmpad. I ordered another one and will likely order a couple more.
Old October 11th, 2017, 02:39 PM
Seer Deluxe

Quote:
I have a new one coming. I will look at the numbers and post how it works when included.
I opened up the info on this device and found something interesting. See pic. Not sure why it did not get this information. Might try excluding and including again to see what happens. running 368 and 144.
Attached Images

Old October 11th, 2017, 03:02 PM
Seer Deluxe

Just tried exclude/include (several times and also as non secure) based on 368 and 144. All that comes up is the primary device and it says "Sigma Generic Controller" and there are NO child devices this time!

Any ideas on this one? thanks

UPDATE: Upgraded to 148 (with 368) and child devices have come back. Device works as it used to before.

Last edited by cowinger; October 11th, 2017 at 03:26 PM.
Old October 11th, 2017, 03:24 PM
OverSeer

Quote:
Just tried exclude/include (several times and also as non secure) based on 368 and 144. All that comes up is the primary device and it says "Sigma Generic Controller" and there are NO child devices this time!

Any ideas on this one? thanks
I had to reset mine in addition to excluding it to get it to include again. The reset instructions are in the user guide. After resetting, I also had to remove the batteries for a few seconds. They are a little flaky.

I get my replacement today. I will see what happens with a new one.
Old October 11th, 2017, 03:28 PM
Seer Deluxe

Quote:
I had to reset mine in addition to excluding it to get it to include again. The reset instructions are in the user guide. After resetting, I also had to remove the batteries for a few seconds. They are a little flaky.

I get my replacement today. I will see what happens with a new one.
I did an update to my previous post. I upgraded to 148 (with 368) and child devices have come back. Device works as it used to before.
Old October 11th, 2017, 07:55 PM
OverSeer

I would say I am done with these, unless someone knows a secret.

It took 4 tries to add this controller. It was 2 feet from my Z-Net. After each try I reset it and removed the batteries for a half minute. The first and third time it was included as an already used node in my system. Fortunately that was not true. The second time it included as a generic Sigma controller with no child nodes. It would not rescan. The forth try resulted in a properly configured Remotec controller with two child nodes.

Now that it is included, it is just like the first one. a single press of the button does not trigger a central scene value. If I press any button and wait for the LED to start flashing I can trigger any of the 4 scene values for the corresponding button. It will not work before or after the flashing LED resulting in an impossibly narrow window to activate a scene.

I turned on Z-Wave command logging and the first press only sends a battery report. The second press while the LED is flashing sends a battery report again and a central scene value.

I really wish I knew why some are seeing the device behave differently as this really doesn't seem to be a plug-in issue. This would be a nice control if it worked, but it is almost useless as it is.
Old October 11th, 2017, 08:03 PM
Seer Deluxe

Quote:
I would say I am done with these, unless someone knows a secret.

It took 4 tries to add this controller. It was 2 feet from my Z-Net. After each try I reset it and removed the batteries for a half minute. The first and third time it was included as an already used node in my system. Fortunately that was not true. The second time it included as a generic Sigma controller with no child nodes. It would not rescan. The forth try resulted in a properly configured Remotec controller with two child nodes.

Now that it is included, it is just like the first one. a single press of the button does not trigger a central scene value. If I press any button and wait for the LED to start flashing I can trigger any of the 4 scene values for the corresponding button. It will not work before or after the flashing LED resulting in an impossibly narrow window to activate a scene.

I turned on Z-Wave command logging and the first press only sends a battery report. The second press while the LED is flashing sends a battery report again and a central scene value.

I really wish I knew why some are seeing the device behave differently as this really doesn't seem to be a plug-in issue. This would be a nice control if it worked, but it is almost useless as it is.
I wonder if it has anything to do with the fact that I use the homeseer usb controller and you use a z-net. It is just about the only thing left to consider. What could possibly be different? I don't have a z-net so I can't help there.
Old October 11th, 2017, 08:26 PM
OverSeer

Quote:
I wonder if it has anything to do with the fact that I use the homeseer usb controller and you use a z-net. It is just about the only thing left to consider. What could possibly be different? I don't have a z-net so I can't help there.
It is not a controller issue or an HS issue. It is clear by the LED activity what it is doing. A single press of any key starts the LED flashing rapidly after 3 seconds and the unit sends a battery report. A second press while the LED is flashing results in a double short flash confirmation and the central scene is sent.

When you press a single button on yours once and the central scene is transmitted, what does your LED do?
Old October 11th, 2017, 08:41 PM
OverSeer

Reading through the manual I found this. Looking at step 3 seems to say the LED is indicating that the scene is not valid, yet a second press creates a double flash and a central scene transmission which is not described. Mine flashes rapidly 6 times after the first press.

Name:  Capture.PNG
Views: 28
Size:  32.8 KB