Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

hs3 and ups log

Hi Bob,

I think i might have come across another bug, or my settings are incorrect. I can confirm that my device values are updated in both the LAN and the UPS plugin, however i noted today that the device value(s) for last power failure and last power restore had been updated as per the below:

BLUPS Status

Power Status On AC Power
    Battery Level Charging
    Battery Percentage 82%
    Life Remaining 28 minutes
    Last Power Failure 6/7/2013 2:59:40 AM
    Last Power Restore 6/7/2013 2:59:52 AM

When i look at the log though (through the plugin menu), I see the following:

BLUPS Log
    This displays all power failures and restores logged by the plug-in.

Date/Time Log Description
    There are no BLUPS logs.

Total Logs: 0

On a side note, i have also noted the BLUPS_Detailed is being populated even though debug logging is turned off, I am not sure if this is supposed to happen, but as of looking at it last it had grown to around 900mb in size (and still growing). This might be worth looking at for space tight installations (if possible).

Cheers.
    HS3 PRO, Win10, WeatherXML, HSTouch, Pushover, UltraGCIR, Heaps of Jon00 Plugins, Just sold and about to move so very slim system.

Facebook | Twitter | Flickr | Google+ | Website | YouTube

The debug log should not be populated if it is turned off.
    Is debug logging enabled on the options web page?

I will check the UPS log and see what is happening. I am seeing the same thing here
    Cheers,
    Bob
    Web site | Help Desk | Feature Requests | Message Board

Comment

debug log is not enabled in the plugin options page (e.g. Unchecked)
      HS3 PRO, Win10, WeatherXML, HSTouch, Pushover, UltraGCIR, Heaps of Jon00 Plugins, Just sold and about to move so very slim system.

Comment

OK I will have a look and see what is going on
        Cheers,
        Bob

Comment

I just installed BLUPS here in HS3 and the debug log is working fine.
          Cheers,
          Bob

Comment

Life Remaning = 28 Minutes

I just started using BLUPS on my HS2 machine with a Cyberpower UPS, in the last week or so. The Life Remaining value has not changed from 28 minutes since the plug-in was started. The UPS has a button to manually see the time remaining, and the value goes up and down as expected, but not the plug-in.

I now see that Travisdh also shows 28 minutes remaining on his first post. Conicidence? Cyberpower unit? Windows 7? Plug-in?

Comment

Yes that seems to be a bug in Windows
              Cheers,
              Bob

Comment

I have noted the same thing, with 82 being the limit for the UPS. When I go onto battery power (from memory) it did seem to decrease, but I always treated 82% as if it was 100% since it appeared to be a windows bug (e.g. In windows system properties it shows the same)

Comment

I wasn't too sure if this was just an issue with my system, or had occoured in other peoples system (the lack of information in the log), anyway I took a look today running your version 2.0.1.0 and saw the following:

BLUPS Log
                  This displays all power failures and restores logged by the plug-in.

Date/Time Log Description
                  6/8/2013 6:50:38 AM Power has been restored. The power was off for 9 secs.
                  6/8/2013 6:50:29 AM Power failure has occurred.

All good

Comment

General thing i learnt today, and correct me if I don't have it entirely right but I was taking a look at the difference between the UPS technologies, and one of the most common seems to be Line-Interactive, which does a number of things but essentially it can increase the voltage being supplied to the devices if the grid power is under voltage, or decrease it if it is over voltage (as well as going full UPS with no power).

The reason this interested me, was because I was having HEAPS of short power interruptions of a few seconds to ten or so seconds, the Line-Interactive UPS's however often trigger a power failure when they are just conditioning an under or over voltage, which would make a lot more sense to me, since I am sure the power is not out as often as it suggests (since lights etc are on, and we are single phase) however under-voltages etc don't really surprise me at all and might explain the higher than expected reports of power failures.

Comment

Yes I have seen this as well. It seems a surge can be mistaken by Windows as a power failure.
                      Cheers,
                      Bob

Comment

Working...
                      X