Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Question about Pico remotes with the plugin

Hey Don,

Quick question as I'm looking into this again. I know with Caseta normally the Pico is paired directly to the dimmer on the wall, and even if I use the Wink hub it seems like it still pairs it directly as Wink can be unplugged and it works. So I assume that's the ideal way since it's fastest etc.

If the Lutron bridge basically does the same thing, does that mean that if I want instant control that doesn't require HS3 to be up and I have the Pico paired to the dimmer via the bridge, does that mean I lose control of the Pico? Like for example, right now if I pair it with Wink, the On/Off of course controls the load, the small dimmer up and down control the brightness, and the middle button is the favourite button which I don't think does anything in Wink. If I use your plugin, am I able to have the ON/OFF control the dimmer directly, but then program the other buttons like the smaller bright and dim and have them do something else other than control the brightness of that light? For example pressing up on the small dimmer button turns on the Hue lights? Or if I want control of all Pico buttons do I need to not pair it to the dimmer and do that via events, like "If Pico 1 button ON is pressed, turn on the dining room lights"? Thanks!

Originally posted by ryuvann View Post
    Hey Don,

Quick question as I'm looking into this again. I know with Caseta normally the Pico is paired directly to the dimmer on the wall, and even if I use the Wink hub it seems like it still pairs it directly as Wink can be unplugged and it works. So I assume that's the ideal way since it's fastest etc.

If the Lutron bridge basically does the same thing, does that mean that if I want instant control that doesn't require HS3 to be up and I have the Pico paired to the dimmer via the bridge, does that mean I lose control of the Pico? Like for example, right now if I pair it with Wink, the On/Off of course controls the load, the small dimmer up and down control the brightness, and the middle button is the favourite button which I don't think does anything in Wink. If I use your plugin, am I able to have the ON/OFF control the dimmer directly, but then program the other buttons like the smaller bright and dim and have them do something else other than control the brightness of that light? For example pressing up on the small dimmer button turns on the Hue lights? Or if I want control of all Pico buttons do I need to not pair it to the dimmer and do that via events, like "If Pico 1 button ON is pressed, turn on the dining room lights"? Thanks!
    When you pair the pico with the smartbrige pro you will tell what the pico control so the on/off dim and favorite will control all the device you associate with it (it is not a choice all buttons will be associate and control the devices), then you can unplug the bridge and the HS and it will continue to work stand along. With the apps you can add a Pico without assign any light or shade so you can use it to control any device of HS (do that via events, like "If Pico 1 button ON is pressed, turn on the dining room lights")

Comment

Use the Press Or Release function and it will work.

Comment

Do you have the last ver. If it's a Pico you should see the on, off, favorite, re-release, press

Im on my iPad tomorrow I will post a screen shot
        Last edited by DonMor; October 5, 2016, 10:07 PM.

Comment

Ok is that Pico was add a long time ago, if so can you create a new one even if it doesn't exist in the system to see if you will have the option of press and release.

if it is the case I'll make an update so it will update all these new feature for the current device.

Comment

Working...
          X