• Show
Clear All

Z Wave inclusion not working. Technical expertise please

Hi All,
    So starting to re build my HS3 machine.
    X10 all done fine.
    Arduino all done fine.
    ZWave NIGHTMARE

OK I have an aeotec usb z wave stick and a Sigma UZB z wave plus stick.
    Both setup in Homeseer.
    Can remove either stick and press the inclusion button go to a device and press the add node button, the devices are mostly EZMotion 100's basically an HS 100 clone and show up as such on my old machine. It does not matter whether I use 1 short button push 1 long button push multiple long or short pushes nothing seems to add to the sticks. I have also tried a TKB home switch and an Everspring AN158. No joy with anything. Suspect I am missing something that I have forgotten as I managed to get the network going on the old machine. Just wanted a clean setup using the Z Wave + stick as I have new devices to add.
    I was wondering would Z tools be of any use here if so I will download it if it is compatible with my ancient galaxy S1!

Any and all help appreciated.

Peter

Peter - The 'network' button on the Z-Stick is basically useless these days except for the simplest of devices. Inclusion needs to be manage by HS3 now. Attached the USB stick to your PC and initiate the inclusion process with the software. I would recommend using Z-Tool+ for this now.
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Wow. Didn't know this.

Well Mark,

Thanks for the info, hopefully will be able to add z-tools to my phone and give it a go tomorrow.
      If I have missed it some where is there documentation?

Thanks
      Peter

Comment

Originally posted by Pervez2602 View Post
        Well Mark,

Thanks for the info, hopefully will be able to add z-tools to my phone and give it a go tomorrow.
        If I have missed it some where is there documentation?

Thanks
        Peter
        http://www.homeseer.com/z-tool-mobile-app.html

Comment

Also to consider... If these devices were previously on a ZWave network, they need to be "factory reset" before adding to your new network. This is usually (but not always) accomplished by holding the device's inclusion button for 10+ seconds, at which point it should give some visual indication. Then proceed with the normal procedure to include it as a new device on your ZWave controller (let go of button, start ZWave inclusion mode, press device button once).

Comment

z-tools how?

Hi All,

First of all thanks for the posts.

O.K. I must admit I am still at the
            Z Wave Nightmare stage i.e.

No further forward.

So I need to download z-tools+
            I give it a go.

1. Find my phone, I hate mobiles with a passion. As an ex telephone engineer if they got wires I can fix em.
            2. Phone on I find Play Store Click on it. I see the Google Play bar.
            3. I type in "z-tools+" it just open loads of apps but I do not see z-tools+
            Oops I have a typo repeat step
            4. This time I type Z-Tool+ much hope and anticipation.

FAILED still a million apps but no "Z-Tool+"

For me I am still at Z Wave Nightmare
            Any body give me a pointer, I know it is probably something very simple.
            If I had a wife, WAF would be zero, I have the right hump!

Peter

Comment

If I search for "ztool" I get the app as first in the list. Try searching without the special chars.
              HS4Pro on a Raspberry Pi4
              54 Z-Wave Nodes / 21 Zigbee Devices / 108 Events / 767 Devices
              Plugins: Z-Wave / Zigbee Plus / EasyTrigger / AK Weather / OMNI

HSTouch Clients: 1 Android

Comment

Hi All,

First of all thanks for the posts.

O.K. I must admit I am still at the
                Z Wave Nightmare stage i.e.

No further forward.

So I need to download z-tools+
                I give it a go.

1. Find my phone, I hate mobiles with a passion. As an ex telephone engineer if they got wires I can fix em.
                2. Phone on I find Play Store Click on it. I see the Google Play bar.
                3. I type in "z-tools+" it just open loads of apps but I do not see z-tools+
                Oops I have a typo repeat step
                4. This time I type Z-Tool+ much hope and anticipation.

FAILED still a million apps but no "Z-Tool+"

For me I am still at Z Wave Nightmare
                Any body give me a pointer, I know it is probably something very simple.
                If I had a wife, WAF would be zero, I have the right hump!

Peter
                I keyed in ztool and the first entry is the HomeSeer Z-Tool+

Comment

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...er.ztool&hl=en

Comment

No joy! Can't believe what it finds but sums it up!

Hi chaps,
                    Thanks for the really quick answers.

So typed ztool in the play bar. Its searching, much anticipation.

It comes back with I kid you not an app called "Pooplog" at the top of the list.

It's 1st May not April.

Think I need to find some one else who has a phone to try it.

Peter

Edit:
                    So went and tried my friends I phone went straight to Z-Tool+.
                    Guess I have a Poop phone to go with the Poop log.
                    Enough for one day.
                    Last edited by Pervez2602; May 1, 2017, 11:27 AM. Reason: Pooplog is due to Poop Phone

Comment

Hi chaps,
                      Thanks for the really quick answers.

So typed ztool in the play bar. Its searching, much anticipation.

It comes back with I kid you not an app called "Pooplog" at the top of the list.

It's 1st May not April.

Think I need to find some one else who has a phone to try it.

Peter
                      maybe you could simply use the link I posted above??

Comment

Link does not work for me

@Mark,

Tried
                        https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...er.ztool&hl=en

Basically will not work from my phone, if I try to use my browser it is basically "no longer supported" and if I stick this address in play.store it does not find anything.

So I did check my phone and it is android Gingerbread so guess this is pretty old and there are no s/w updates for it.

So finally resorted to e-mailing my mobile the address (fail safe typo's not included). Tried with the internet, no joy. Tried with play store, jack pot got the page.
                        Then my phone says
                        "Your device isn't compatible with this version"

Happy days.

Peter

EDIT:

So I guess I need to e-bay a cheapo tablet.
                        Whats the minimum speck.

Thanks
                        Last edited by Pervez2602; May 1, 2017, 12:26 PM. Reason: Question

Comment

Whats the minimum speck.

Thanks
                          Requires Android 4.0.3 and up

Comment

Android device

Thanks Mark,

I'll stick it in the search engine and see what turns up.

Working against the clock as my arduino plugin runs out in 27 days. Still if I can get over the Z wave hurdle I have to do my events and after that nothing mission critical so I can change over to the new machine.

Thanks to all for your help I will leave you in peace till I get a tablet and the fun starts again.

Peter

Comment

You don't have a spend a fortune unless you need "fancy". here's one under $40

Comment

Working...
                              X