Question on how to block call

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Question on how to block call

I see in the address book that I can have entry that says when I receive this number it will hang up.
    I get so many telemarketing calls from one area code that I would like to block any number coming from that area code. is there a wild card I can use for a number such as 555-###-#### that would just hangup on anyone from the 555 area code?
    Or even say 555-777-#### for blocking an exchange?
    I guess the other question is can the way2call just answer and hangup on those numbers as I have it as more of a monitor for CID through the computers?
    Thanks...Sonny

I'd recommend "SNEVL_CID...for SO MUCH MORE...but including blocking calls based on CID.
    Plugins:
    BLLogMonitor, BLGarbage, BLBackup, BLOutGoingCalls, BLUps, BLRfid, JvEss, DooMotion, Applied Digital Ocelot, AC RF Processor, UltraMon, PJC AVR 430, UPB, Rain8net, DSC Panel, JRiver Media center, Windows Media Player, SageMediaCenter, SnevlCID, MCSTemperature.

Comment

If you have a Way2Call then HSPhone can do this.
      Just add an entry to your address book: 555-* or 555-555-* with the appropriate options... "Hang Up" and ring pattern 0,0,1 (not sure the later is necessary, but I use it).
      Real courage is not securing your Wi-Fi network.

Comment

Thanks, I will gove the 555-* a try if that doesn't do what I am interested in I will try the package.

Comment

Originally posted by Wadenut View Post
          If you have a Way2Call then HSPhone can do this.
          Just add an entry to your address book: 555-* or 555-555-* with the appropriate options... "Hang Up" and ring pattern 0,0,1 (not sure the later is necessary, but I use it).
          I am curious about one thing. Right now the Way2call is just plugged into the phone line like any other phone. Another words not going through the way2call for the other phones.
          Will this example let the way2call answer and then hang up the line or do I need to add something else.
          I am trying to duplicate me just picking up the phone and putting it down.
          The one time I had the lines going through the wa2call it hung up the phones and the WAF went way down. Haven't tried it since.
          I could see the advantage of going through the box to kill it altogeather.

Thanks...Sonny

Comment

Without connecting your phones through the W2C, they will obviously ring until the modem disconnects the caller; no matter what plugin you use.
            Real courage is not securing your Wi-Fi network.

Comment

Ian mentioned my SnevlCID package. It allows you to block calls based on phone numbers (with wildcards) or CID names. With the W2C you can have it simply pick up and hang up, or you can have it speak a message before hanging up.

Without the W2C you can throw on a cheap USB modem and have it just do what you are talking about of picking up the phone for a second and then hanging it up. If you have this modem run in parallel with your W2C, you are then not dependent on the W2C for the hang-up.

Steve

EDIT: I should mention that SnevlCID is designed to work with HS Phone if you want it to, or on its own. I shouldn't disrupt anything else you have set up for HS Phone if you use it as an answering device.

Comment

Working...
              X