Z-Wave Optimization Help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Z-Wave Optimization Help

I just installed a Z-Wave mag door contact set.

I added the node with the device in near proximity of my Z-Troller. Added OK.

Next, I mounted the mag contact in its final location which is within 10 feet of a Z-Wave strobe/siren unit and 15 feet line of sight to a Z-Wave thermostat.

I opened the door to "wake up" the unit then did a full network optimize.

Z-Seer shows that the node is still trying to connect all the way back to the Z-Troller, which is out of range. Also, the new node does not show up in a full network optimize.

Can anyone throw me a clue on how to get this node connected to it's nearest neighbor?

Many thanks.

From what I know simply opening the contact won't wake it up in a way needed to run optimization. It will wake it up to *send* to contact changes and it will go to sleep.

Typically you need to tap inclusion button 3 times or hold it for 10 seconds or something like that to wake it up (see the manual). Then it will stay awake for about 10 minutes.

Go to the device status page, select device and under properties run "full optimize and add return route".

I have some more info here:

http://board.homeseer.com/showpost.p...87&postcount=3

Comment

Thanks very much for the advice.

Strangely enough, the "Aeon Labs Aeotec Z-Wave Door/Window Sensor" comes with absolutely no Z-Wave setup information at all.

The "manual" describes how to screw it to a door. You're totally left guessing as to how the thing works. Hey, what do you expect for a $50 magnetic door switch?

I'll keep at it and will post back if I discover how to keep it awake long enough to optimize.

Comment

Solved.

3 - clicks of the tamper switch wakes it up.

I missed your suggestion of running "Full Optimize" from the device status page. That seemed to make the difference.

Now, my mag switch has (5) connected neighbors. It's actually my best connected node at present.

Sincere thanks for your help.

Comment

Originally posted by cd-card-biz View Post
          Strangely enough, the "Aeon Labs Aeotec Z-Wave Door/Window Sensor" comes with absolutely no Z-Wave setup information at all.
          Where did you purchase your unit? HomeSeer's instructions have steps on Z-Wave installation and inclusion.
          💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Originally posted by cd-card-biz View Post
            Solved.

3 - clicks of the tamper switch wakes it up.
            That particular model requires 3 clicks within 1.5 secs. It's pretty tempermental
            HS4Pro on a Raspberry Pi4
            54 Z-Wave Nodes / 21 Zigbee Devices / 108 Events / 767 Devices
            Plugins: Z-Wave / Zigbee Plus / EasyTrigger / AK Weather / OMNI

HSTouch Clients: 1 Android

Comment

Originally posted by Rupp View Post
              Where did you purchase your unit? HomeSeer's instructions have steps on Z-Wave installation and inclusion.
              From Homeseer! I promise you, the only "instructions" in the box was the Aeon Labs 4-fold pamphlet. I shows pictures of hardware only. No mention anywhere about Z-Wave usage.

Comment

Working...
              X