This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by KA24DE View Post
    I am using the Insteon Thermostat plug-in, and in ImperiHome the Thermostat shows up fine, and I can adjust the mode & the mode selector contains the correct modes. However when I try to +/- the temperature setpoint the value increments then returns to the original value with the following error in the log

ImperiHome ERROR can't find Setpoint control for device 67

However in the device view of HomeSeer I can adjust the value of the device with reference ID 67 using the + / - Buttons embedded in the device view.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks
    can you post a screenshot of the status/graphics tab for the device 67?
    thanks

Comment

upload gambar

Comment

The problem is that the range [0:125] needs to be both control and status. Right now it's only status so you can't set the temperature to a specific value (even from an event I guess). Most of other thermostat plugins behave like this so you should ask the developer to change that.

Comment

Excellent, Thanks.. Where does it get Celsius or Fahrenheit from ? Is that coming from the device? I noticed your screen shots are in C but I can't see a setting anywhere.

Comment

Originally posted by KA24DE View Post
            Excellent, Thanks.. Where does it get Celsius or Fahrenheit from ? Is that coming from the device? I noticed your screen shots are in C but I can't see a setting anywhere.
            Yes it supposed to come from the HS device, the plugin look at the scale associated to the device, unfortunately it looks like yours has no scale defined, so the plugin will always assume Fahrenheit. It's another thing you should ask the developer to add.

Note that on Android you can do the conversion from the app itself: long press the thermostat device > Configuration > Configure units(s)

Comment

3.0.0.8 Version not installing via updater

Hi Spud,

Appreciate all the work on this Plug-In.

I am having trouble updating to the latest version (3.0.0.8). The log shows this error:

Mar-18 2:19:23 PM Updater Install/Update of package ImperiHome failed.
              Mar-18 2:19:23 PM Updater Error Installation of package ImperiHome failed. Try disabling the plugin first, then re-try the update.
              Mar-18 2:19:23 PM Updater Error Unable to open install.txt file for update \usr\local\HomeSeer\Updates3\ImperiHome3.0.0.8
              Mar-18 2:19:23 PM Error Error unzipping /usr/local/HomeSeer/Updates3/ImperiHome3.0.0.8/ImperiHome_Linux_3-0-0-8.zip, Wrong Local header signature: 0x4F44213C on line 0
              Mar-18 2:19:23 PM Updater Installing package ImperiHome
              Mar-18 2:19:23 PM Updater Update HSPI_ImperiHome.exe downloaded successfully
              Mar-18 2:19:23 PM Updater Downloading update: ImperiHome
              Mar-18 2:19:23 PM Updater Starting download of updates

Please note that I tried yesterday to manually update to 3.0.0.8 and had errors as well (wish I had been more patient for it to show up in the updater because it is possible my attempt at a manual update messed things up). After trying a number of things to update (using the manual method after deleting the paid plug-in 3.0.0.44 from my system) I actually just deleted the plug in using the 'manage plug-in' tab in HS.

I am using this on a Zee2 system.

Thanks in advance,

HomeSeer Version: HS3 ZEE S2 Edition 3.0.0.258
              Linux version: Linux HomeTrollerZeeS2 3.18.7-v7+ #755 SMP PREEMPT Thu Feb 12 17:20:48 GMT 2015 armv7l GNU/Linux System Uptime: 0 Days 0 Hours 31 Minutes 51 Seconds
              IP Address:
              Number of Devices: 134
              Number of Events: 40

Enabled Plug-Ins
              3.0.0.85: HSTouch Server
              3.1.0.13: Sonos
              3.0.0.44: weatherXML
              3.0.1.61: Z-Wave

Comment

Originally posted by luvatlast View Post
                Hi Spud,

Appreciate all the work on this Plug-In.

I am having trouble updating to the latest version (3.0.0.8). The log shows this error:

Mar-18 2:19:23 PM Updater Install/Update of package ImperiHome failed.
                Mar-18 2:19:23 PM Updater Error Installation of package ImperiHome failed. Try disabling the plugin first, then re-try the update.
                Mar-18 2:19:23 PM Updater Error Unable to open install.txt file for update \usr\local\HomeSeer\Updates3\ImperiHome3.0.0.8
                Mar-18 2:19:23 PM Error Error unzipping /usr/local/HomeSeer/Updates3/ImperiHome3.0.0.8/ImperiHome_Linux_3-0-0-8.zip, Wrong Local header signature: 0x4F44213C on line 0
                Mar-18 2:19:23 PM Updater Installing package ImperiHome
                Mar-18 2:19:23 PM Updater Update HSPI_ImperiHome.exe downloaded successfully
                Mar-18 2:19:23 PM Updater Downloading update: ImperiHome
                Mar-18 2:19:23 PM Updater Starting download of updates

Please note that I tried yesterday to manually update to 3.0.0.8 and had errors as well (wish I had been more patient for it to show up in the updater because it is possible my attempt at a manual update messed things up). After trying a number of things to update (using the manual method after deleting the paid plug-in 3.0.0.44 from my system) I actually just deleted the plug in using the 'manage plug-in' tab in HS.

I am using this on a Zee2 system.

Thanks in advance,

HomeSeer Version: HS3 ZEE S2 Edition 3.0.0.258
                Linux version: Linux HomeTrollerZeeS2 3.18.7-v7+ #755 SMP PREEMPT Thu Feb 12 17:20:48 GMT 2015 armv7l GNU/Linux System Uptime: 0 Days 0 Hours 31 Minutes 51 Seconds
                IP Address:
                Number of Devices: 134
                Number of Events: 40

Enabled Plug-Ins
                3.0.0.85: HSTouch Server
                3.1.0.13: Sonos
                3.0.0.44: weatherXML
                3.0.1.61: Z-Wave
                I confirm there is a problem with the installation from the updater on Linux.
                The manual installation works fine though.

I have asked HST to look at it, I will let you know when this is fixed.

Comment

Originally posted by spud View Post
                  I confirm there is a problem with the installation from the updater on Linux.
                  The manual installation works fine though.

I have asked HST to look at it, I will let you know when this is fixed.

Thanks much. I will also give the manual approach another try ( I have become quite dependent and happy with your Plug-In)

UPDATE: For others having the problem and want to update before the HS updater is fixed, the updater leaves a corrupt zip file in the /Updater3/Zip folder that has root privileges. I was not able to manually drop the ImperiHome zip file without first SSH'ing to the /Zip folder and deleting the corrupt ImperiHome update zip file. The instructions at the top of this thread then worked fine.
                  Last edited by luvatlast; March 18, 2016, 03:37 PM.

Comment

I had to go ahead and disable this plugin. The Imperihome app on iOS is just too far behind Android in terms of features, and the demo period has run out on my installation. I would continue to do some testing, but I will not buy the plugin until the app is improved. Great work so far on the plugin though.

Comment

Multi-switch changing to 'N/A' on "reload"

Ok, so I am sure that this is likely NOT the imperihome plugin's fault, but at the same time, I can't be sure and the other plugin author (Blade/BLRussound) might even know how to fix the issue, unless I can figure out exactly why it's happening.

So, when I click "Reload" in imperihome, my multi-switch for my BLRussound sources for Zone 1 (the only one I've tried) always changes to "N/A". If I change it to another source and back, it fixes it, but upon clicking "reload" again, it changes back to "N/A". Note that as long as I don't click "reload" it's not an issue. I notice my other multi-switches change to 'N/A', but go immediately back to the correct value. This one does not.

I have other multi-switches that work just fine so I am guessing that maybe it is how the plugin polls for the data and maybe BLRussound is not returning the right data when this occurs, but I can't be sure.

I turned on "trace" level debugging and saw this in the logs, which makes me think that it should be setting it to ChromeCast, but it's not. It's set to 'N/A'. This could I suppose actually be an Imperihome issue itself.

Code:
                      {"id":"M5","name":"c1z1 Source","room":"LMaster Bedroom","type":"DevMultiSwitch","params":[{"key":"Value","value":"ChromeCast"},{"key":"Choices","value":"House,Chromecast,Source_3,Source_4,Source_5,Source_6"}]}
                      P.S. All my ceiling fans are set up as multi-switches and I have a few virtual devices as well for setting scenes in rooms. None of them have this issue.

Comment

Originally posted by sirmeili View Post
                        Ok, so I am sure that this is likely NOT the imperihome plugin's fault, but at the same time, I can't be sure and the other plugin author (Blade/BLRussound) might even know how to fix the issue, unless I can figure out exactly why it's happening.

So, when I click "Reload" in imperihome, my multi-switch for my BLRussound sources for Zone 1 (the only one I've tried) always changes to "N/A". If I change it to another source and back, it fixes it, but upon clicking "reload" again, it changes back to "N/A". Note that as long as I don't click "reload" it's not an issue. I notice my other multi-switches change to 'N/A', but go immediately back to the correct value. This one does not.

I have other multi-switches that work just fine so I am guessing that maybe it is how the plugin polls for the data and maybe BLRussound is not returning the right data when this occurs, but I can't be sure.

I turned on "trace" level debugging and saw this in the logs, which makes me think that it should be setting it to ChromeCast, but it's not. It's set to 'N/A'. This could I suppose actually be an Imperihome issue itself.

Code:
                        {"id":"M5","name":"c1z1 Source","room":"LMaster Bedroom","type":"DevMultiSwitch","params":[{"key":"Value","value":"ChromeCast"},{"key":"Choices","value":"House,Chromecast,Source_3,Source_4,Source_5,Source_6"}]}
                        P.S. All my ceiling fans are set up as multi-switches and I have a few virtual devices as well for setting scenes in rooms. None of them have this issue.
                        The multiswitch implementation in the ImperiHome app expect the value to exactly match one of the choices. From your trace logs, it looks like the value is ChromeCast, but the choice is Chromecast, so the upper case C may be the problem. Can you try to change that from the device status graphics tab of the BLRussound device or ask Blade to fix it in the plugin?

Comment

Originally posted by Automated View Post
                          I had to go ahead and disable this plugin. The Imperihome app on iOS is just too far behind Android in terms of features, and the demo period has run out on my installation. I would continue to do some testing, but I will not buy the plugin until the app is improved. Great work so far on the plugin though.
                          what features exactly do you miss?

Comment

Originally posted by spud View Post
                            The multiswitch implementation in the ImperiHome app expect the value to exactly match one of the choices. From your trace logs, it looks like the value is ChromeCast, but the choice is Chromecast, so the upper case C may be the problem. Can you try to change that from the device status graphics tab of the BLRussound device or ask Blade to fix it in the plugin?
                            That makes complete sense. When I set it up I had the CC as the first option, then House as the second..when I moved things around, the plugin didn't adjust the actual device options on the status page, so I did it manually and I guess I didn't put the same case.

I will verify that I changed the value in homeseer for the device to be "ChromeCast" and it worked. I had to uncheck "ChromeCast" from the imperihome plugin options, reload in Imperihome, then check it again and reload again to get it to show up correctly.

No matter what, Thanks! I didn't even spot that!

Comment

Love this plugin, sooo much easier than HStouch

I have a problem displaying my cameras though. I'm using this URL for my Vivotek cameras:

http://192.xxx.xxx.xxx/cgi-bin/viewer/video.jpg

It works fine in a browser, but the app on iOS throws:

The operation could not be completed. (NSURLErrorDomain error -1100).

I've specified username and password for the camera in the plugin.

Comment

Originally posted by mk1 black limited View Post
                                Love this plugin, sooo much easier than HStouch

I have a problem displaying my cameras though. I'm using this URL for my Vivotek cameras:

http://192.xxx.xxx.xxx/cgi-bin/viewer/video.jpg

It works fine in a browser, but the app on iOS throws:

The operation could not be completed. (NSURLErrorDomain error -1100).

I've specified username and password for the camera in the plugin.
                                I think your url is only for a still image and not a live stream. You need to have both. And a live stream wont work without a still image url.

Comment

Working...
                                X