X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No mention of it at all in the HS logs?

Comment

Nick

Just to confirm you made the changes to the UDP library ie: WST reset or you've used a "release candidate" board manager ?

yes I have got my WEMOS connecting to HS...

Pete
      HS 2.2.0.11

Comment

Originally posted by petez69 View Post
        Nick

Just to confirm you made the changes to the UDP library ie: WST reset or you've used a "release candidate" board manager ?

yes I have got my WEMOS connecting to HS...

Pete
        I havent tried it yet. but they released V2.3.0 which has the patch included, so we should be good to go with the "stable" version now too.

Comment

Tried it with both stable and rc.

Just getting this in HS log after it tries to connect:

Warning = Board: 2 has a connection ERROR. Retrying.
          and then:
          Error = Board: 2 Connection FAILED.

Comment

Originally posted by NickStrong View Post
            Tried it with both stable and rc.

Just getting this in HS log after it tries to connect:

and then:
            Your sure the IP addresses are configured right in the sketch/plugin?
            I don't have the plugin anymore, but i'll try and modify the sketch later tonight and add some debug info.

Comment

Yes, I've even tried with different IP adresses. I also have a NodeMcu that have been running great for a few weeks.

Comment

Originally posted by NickStrong View Post
                Yes, I've even tried with different IP adresses. I also have a NodeMcu that have been running great for a few weeks.
                Interesting... There isn't really any difference, they're both esp8266 boards.

Comment

Just tried to delete everything Arduino related on my pc, fresh install, RC board manager.

Upload sketch on the NodeMcu, connects fine.
                  Upload sketch 2 minutes later on the WeMos with only IP changed in the sketch, nothing

Comment

Can you try enabling the Arduino plugin debug logs, see if they show anything.
                    I'll try and add some more messages to the sketch.

I don't own the plugin (I don't have my own use for it), so at this point it's pretty difficult for me to do much.

Comment

Got it working now!

Noob error, forgot to change BoardAdd from 1 to 2 in the sketch.

Comment

A quick note here
                        It took me a few days to figure this one out.
                        If you use WiFi then the IP address you use will be stored in flash memory. When you change the IP address in the code and the webserver is starting up it will first look at then stored IP address, not the one you entered in the code resulting in a connection failure, a time out and a watchdog reset. And everything starts over again.
                        To prevent this from happening add WiFi.persistent(false); before wifi.begin is called or as the first call in setup();
                        - Bram

Send from my Commodore VIC-20

Ashai_Rey____________________________________________________________ ________________
                        HS3 Pro 3.0.0.534
                        PIugins: ZMC audio | ZMC VR | ZMC IR | ZMC NDS | RFXcom | AZ scripts | Jon00 Scripts | BLBackup | FritzBox | Z-Wave | mcsMQTT | AK Ikea

Comment

Originally posted by AshaiRey View Post
                          A quick note here
                          It took me a few days to figure this one out.
                          If you use WiFi then the IP address you use will be stored in flash memory. When you change the IP address in the code and the webserver is starting up it will first look at then stored IP address, not the one you entered in the code resulting in a connection failure, a time out and a watchdog reset. And everything starts over again.
                          To prevent this from happening add WiFi.persistent(false); before wifi.begin is called or as the first call in setup();
                          I would go a bit further and say this sketch has pretty much no fault handling at all. I had only intended it as a proof of concept to gauge interest, there hasn't been much interest from the plugin author and I no longer use the plugin so I don't personally intend to do much else with it.

Comment

It works great for what it is. Awesome job. Not sure I will stick with the Arduino plugin after the test periode if it doesn't support ESP8266 (they are so cheap and awesome), I might go the mqtt route instead.

Comment

Actually i don't use the Arduino plugin at all. I've just used the HS webserver to process incoming data when it's via WiFi. One project uses MQTT. Two other projects are just sending serial data back to the server and a simple callback script is taking care of the processing. It's a tick of me to have control over things and to know how the flow is going.
                              - Bram

Send from my Commodore VIC-20

Ashai_Rey____________________________________________________________ ________________
                              HS3 Pro 3.0.0.534
                              PIugins: ZMC audio | ZMC VR | ZMC IR | ZMC NDS | RFXcom | AZ scripts | Jon00 Scripts | BLBackup | FritzBox | Z-Wave | mcsMQTT | AK Ikea

Comment

WiFi Relay

Thought this might be interest to those using the ESP8622. I use the -12 for relays. Details in the attached file.
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X