Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Long delays, how is your setup ?

Hi,
    I am VERY pleased with the Arduino plugin except for the delay for detecting an input or triggering an output.
    In my case:
    - Pushbuttons need to be pressed almost 2 secs
    - Input are only detected if opened for 1-2 secs
    - Blinking a led with a OutputTime of 500 msecs willl give me this pattern:
    off for 2 secs, on 500msecs, off 2secs, on 500msecs etc.

Today I had my first loss on an input, the letterbox opening was not detected when the mailman delivered a simple letter, causing the flap to be opened too fast.

Am I alone ? what are your delays ?
    Could this be improved by lowering the numbers of I/O on the board, or be board-dependant ?

Thanks
    Pierre

Running HS 3.0.0.318, plugin 1.0.0.39, on a genuine Arduino Mega, 1 Analog, 12 inputs, 9 outputs, 13 1-wire.
    Visit zee e-maison : http://www.e-maison.com

Just today I installed 5 door/window sensors in my garage/shop all tied into a nodeMCU running the standard sketch. The node also has a motion sensor. Given, just 2 inputs since the door/window sensors are wired in series.

The interesting thing is that this garage is well over 100' from the house which is where the wifi is. I do have an extender kind of pointed towards the garage. I get usually 60% power as measured from the inside of the garage.

All that given, when I was installing today, I was using my phone (wifi back to the house) with my HSTouch app monitoring the sensors. When I would trigger a sensor, it instantly updated in the app. Round trip thru 2 plugins and questionable wifi with no noticeable delay. Wow. I wasn't that surprised that the signal from the house made it to the garage. What did surprise me was that the little nodeMCU was able to transmit back to the house in what appears to be a reliable link.

So long story short. I see no delay that concerns me.

Comment

Thank you logbuilder for sharing.
      That is great news if the plugin is OK and gives no delay inputs for you.
      I really have no idea what could make the difference between us except for the board.
      I wish a Arduino Mega user could confirm wether this is board-related or if something is really screwed-up in my settings.

Comment

Originally posted by Pierre View Post
        Thank you logbuilder for sharing.
        That is great news if the plugin is OK and gives no delay inputs for you.
        I really have no idea what could make the difference between us except for the board.
        I wish a Arduino Mega user could confirm wether this is board-related or if something is really screwed-up in my settings.
        I think most people run mega boards including myself in my production. The only thing I can think is your Analog input is slowing things down as this is the only thing I don't have in my setup.
        I have not had much time to work on the plugin at the moment by hope to get back to it soon.

Greig.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk
        Zwave = Z-Stick, 3xHSM100� 7xACT ZDM230, 1xEverspring SM103, 2xACT HomePro ZRP210.
        X10 = CM12U, 2xAM12, 1xAW10, 1 x TM13U, 1xMS13, 2xHR10, 2xSS13
        Other Hardware = ADI Ocelot + secu16, Global Cache GC100, RFXtrx433, 3 x Foscams.
        Plugings = RFXcom, ActiveBackup, Applied Digital Ocelot, BLDeviceMatrix, BLGarbage, BLLAN, Current Cost, Global Cache GC100,HSTouch Android, HSTouch Server, HSTouch Server Unlimited, NetCAM, PowerTrigger, SageWebcamXP, SqueezeBox, X10 CM11A/CM12U.
        Scripts =
        Various

Comment

Greig,
          Thank you to take some of your time to answer.
          I have unpluged and deleted the analog input with no success.

I made a little test using the MEGA board in use :
          I physically linked an output to an input and declared both in the plugin.

Then, with HS, if I turn the output on , I can see the input going on.
          If I use the "One flash" button, the input will turn on only for an OutputTime over 1500msecs ...

Doing the same with a UNO for testing with just 1 input and 1 output, will give about the same result (1200msecs)
          This delay is not stable, an output time of 500msesc is sometimes enough for the UNO, but 1200msecs is the limit for accurate result.

I hope you willl have some time for this in a near future, WAF is low....

Comment

Greig,
            Thank you to take some of your time to answer.
            I have unpluged and deleted the analog input with no success.

I made a little test using the MEGA board in use :
            I physically linked an output to an input and declared both in the plugin.

Then, with HS, if I turn the output on , I can see the input going on.
            If I use the "One flash" button, the input will turn on only for an OutputTime over 1500msecs ...

Doing the same with a UNO for testing with just 1 input and 1 output, will give about the same result (1200msecs)
            This delay is not stable, an output time of 500msesc is sometimes enough for the UNO, but 1200msecs is the limit for accurate result.

I hope you willl have some time for this in a near future, WAF is low....
            Pierre,

Is the device time updating on the input as I have seen the HS UI not update the graphic fast enough for you to see it before it returns state.

Can you turn on debugging in the plugin and then run your I/O test so I can see the round trip time in the logging and try and work out what is causing this as this should be almost instant.

Greig.
            Zwave = Z-Stick, 3xHSM100� 7xACT ZDM230, 1xEverspring SM103, 2xACT HomePro ZRP210.
            Other Hardware = ADI Ocelot + secu16, Global Cache GC100, RFXtrx433, 3 x Foscams.
            Plugings = RFXcom, ActiveBackup, Applied Digital Ocelot, BLDeviceMatrix, BLGarbage, BLLAN, Current Cost, Global Cache GC100,HSTouch Android, HSTouch Server, HSTouch Server Unlimited, NetCAM, PowerTrigger, SageWebcamXP, SqueezeBox, X10 CM11A/CM12U.
            Scripts =
            Various

Comment

Greig ,
              Thank you so much for your fast answer, it is so nice to have an European plugin developer in the same timezone (I mean geographically Eur, no offense...)

Is the device time updating on the input as I have seen the HS UI not update the graphic fast enough for you to see it before it returns state
              Yes I was considering the device time, since graphic is not accurate.

Here is a logfile where I try three attempts with board 3(UNO) with increasing OutputTime from about 500msecs to 1800msecs, only the third attempt is OK
              Attached Files

Comment

Greig ,
                Thank you so much for your fast answer, it is so nice to have an European plugin developer in the same timezone (I mean geographically Eur, no offense...)

Yes I was considering the device time, since graphic is not accurate.

Here is a logfile where I try three attempts with board 3(UNO) with increasing OutputTime from about 500msecs to 1800msecs, only the third attempt is OK
                Just having a look at your setup there is 2 boards on com 9 and both are set to auto connect so this might be confusing the plugin. Are the boards connected with USB or some other form of comport?

Greig.
                Scripts =
                Various

Comment

Looking at the Debug logs it looks like everything is fine. You have triggered the output and the input is triggered then resets about 800ms latter. Are you saying this is not reflected in the Homeseer Device Manager? is this because it is less than 1sec and the device manager only shows 1sec min.?
                  Have you tried setting an event to trigger on the input change?

Greig.
                  Scripts =
                  Various

Comment

- I have unchecked the auto connect for the not used Uno on COM9.

-I am puzzled hat the log shows all OK.
                    -considering the test, all I am watching is the last updated time, wich should be close (since is it the time the output and the input went off). How could a "oneflash" event help?

Well I just made another test, interesting...
                    Flashing a led with the test board is ok.
                    With the production board, pattern is : OFF 2secs, ON for the time of OutputTime than off for two secs etc.
                    BUT, if I disable 1 wire, by unpluging, the led flashes OK !

Comment

try setting the logging level to "ALL" and click show logging on the config page and you should see what is happening in the plugin. Is there a lot of one wire activity?

Greig.
                      Scripts =
                      Various

Comment

Yes, alot of 1-wire activity, every secs or so.

Comment

Yes, alot of 1-wire activity, every secs or so.
                          Can you send me a log of the one wire data. I think it should only send it to Homeseer if the temp value has changed. Are the Temp sensors that the temp will rise and fall lots in your system?

Greig.
                          Scripts =
                          Various

Comment

Yes some temperatures are changing constantly, as I monitor my furnace and the temp in the heating pipes.
                            I sure do not need such an accuracy and would even consider to loose 1 digit precision.
                            I was formerly using a temp08 unit that was only transmitting by batch every few minutes, and that was enough for my needs.
                            Attached Files
                            Last edited by Pierre; April 26, 2017, 06:16 AM.

Comment

ok I think this is your problem. There is lots of data there. You could move your one wire to a board on its own that will handle this if you want. If you are using usb I think you could even use a nano board for this.
                              You could also try and change the Sketch timings to see if it improves your problems.
                              Change the line:
                              if (!waitingForTempsGlobal && millis() - lastTempRequest > 1500) {

The 1500 is 1.5sec so try and up the timing and see if this helps you.

Greig.
                              Scripts =
                              Various

Comment

Working...
                              X