www.homeseer.com    

Go Back   HomeSeer Message Board > Media Plug-ins > Media Discussion > Media Controller Plug-in (3P)

Media Controller Plug-in (3P) Discussion of Media Controller DLNA-Manager Plug-in

Old November 21st, 2017, 10:55 AM
Viewer

Z-Wave Plus Media Controller Not able to Control Samsung Smart TV

Hi, I have Samsung Smart TV (Model No: UA48H6300). I configured the Media Controller in the Homeseer. The Status shows "Activated Online" for both the Player and Remote.
But neither the "player" nor "Remote" devices are able to controlled the Samsung Smart TV.
I tried many possible ways but the problem is still there.
Attached Images

Old November 21st, 2017, 02:27 PM
OverSeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by spectart View Post
Hi, I have Samsung Smart TV (Model No: UA48H6300). I configured the Media Controller in the Homeseer. The Status shows "Activated Online" for both the Player and Remote.
But neither the "player" nor "Remote" devices are able to controlled the Samsung Smart TV.
I tried many possible ways but the problem is still there.
The remote unfortunately doesn't work on the newer Samsung TVs. Nobody has ever figured out how the encryption works.

The player however should work but you need to have a "server" on your network that provides the content that you want to show on your TV. Do note that the player is NOT a function that is like your remote to say play channel 4 on your TV or play HDMI input; it takes a movie, picture, track from a server and control this particular item from it being played on your TV. So you could use it to play movies, provided you have them stored locally somewhere AND you have an active UPNP server (Plex, WMP, Kodi ..) that can provide the content to the player. You could use it to automate say a picture that got taken when the doorbell rang and display it on TV ....
Old November 23rd, 2017, 07:12 AM
Viewer

Thanks dcorsus for such a quick reply.

Can you tell me which models of Samsung TV work with Media Controller Remote option and which will not work. So that we can suggest the customers which model they should buy.
Old November 23rd, 2017, 07:22 AM
Super Seer

Quote:

Can you tell me which models of Samsung TV work with Media Controller Remote option and which will not work. So that we can suggest the customers which model they should buy.

I am fairly sure it works on all the older models that have the non-tile UI. Once they switched to the newer tile (Java?) UI it hasn't been possible. I know for certain that D and E models work. I think that Fs do. Don't know about G. You have an H which doesn't. Is that from 2014? My in-laws have Js and they definitely do not work.
Old November 23rd, 2017, 11:54 AM
OverSeer

Quote:

That is simple ... none they can buy unless they buy a very old one off e-bay.
Sorry for that. Also LG Tvs is hit and miss. I think the PI can control last year's LGs but definitely not the latest. Sony on the other hand still has a very good interface that is not encrypted that this PI can control.

Dirk
Old November 25th, 2017, 01:27 AM
Viewer

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheeryfool View Post
I am fairly sure it works on all the older models that have the non-tile UI. Once they switched to the newer tile (Java?) UI it hasn't been possible. I know for certain that D and E models work. I think that Fs do. Don't know about G. You have an H which doesn't. Is that from 2014? My in-laws have Js and they definitely do not work.
Yes, The H Model is from 2014. I have another one in F model (2013) and its works fine with Media Controller Remote. But still when turned off, POWER ON option of the plugin cannot Power On the TV. Any possible solution?
Will WOL(Wake-on-LAN) work??
Old November 25th, 2017, 01:54 AM
OverSeer

Quote:
But still when turned off, POWER ON option of the plugin cannot Power On the TV. Any possible solution?
Will WOL(Wake-on-LAN) work??
As far as I know and remember, Samsung TVs, when powered off, they powered off their Ethernet port, no protocol that can turn the TV on via that interface. Only Bluetooth (in the newer models) and IR were able to turn that TV back on.

Dirk
Old November 25th, 2017, 06:52 AM
Super Seer

For my D & Es, I can send ON via the serial 'Ex-link' port. But it requires a custom cable and in my case converters to/from stereo 3.5mm to RJ45 and then from RJ45 to DB9. It's a bit of a PITA but rock solid once setup.
Old November 25th, 2017, 10:55 AM
Viewer

Z-Wave Plus

To control the TV through IR, I bought Remotec ZXT-310 (Z-Wave-to-AV IR Extender). It gets included in the homeseer system but there are no devices in homeseer for remote control. I searched on the homeseer. It seems that homeseer doesn't have yet the library for Remotec zxt-310. On the "compatible products with homeseer" page, its showing that "coming soon".

If anyone knows the updates and when can we expect that this product will have full functionality in the homeseer.

Thanks
Attached Images

Last edited by spectart; November 25th, 2017 at 12:14 PM.