www.homeseer.com    

Go Back   HomeSeer Message Board > Lighting & Primary Technology Plug-ins > Lighting & Primary Technology Discussion > JowiHue Plug-In

JowiHue Plug-In Discussion area for JowiHue plug-in by W.Vuyk

Old November 9th, 2017, 08:32 AM
Seer

Multiple light devices ConBee

I have a new ConBee usb stick running version 2.04.86 of deCONZ on my Windows 10 HomeSeer machine.

Whenever I restart the deCONZ software or restart the whole machine I get an extra light device created in HomeSeer.

In the JowiHue plugin, bridge maintenance, deCONZ-GW, the lights are there only once. I am not sure why new light devices keep being created in HomeSeer. Right now the deCONZ lights have four devices each in HomeSeer. The lights also show only once in deCONZ.

I can turn on one of the lights manually and one of the new devices will indicate that. I usually change the status graphics on my lights so I can easily tell the original one. My HomeSeer events stop working for the lights as they target the original device.

thank you!
Attached Images

Old November 9th, 2017, 09:28 AM
Super Seer

Chris,

That should not happen at all. No clues here based on the image... You are on 2.0.1.3 I guess?

Could you do a trace for me with the following steps:

1. set the tracing options for the plugin (detailed logging and trace to file) on the configutration page.
2. Stop and start the plugin (sorry for the new refs!)
3. Let the plugin start and run for 30 minutes or so
4. Disable the detailed logging and logging to file options - no restart of the plugin needed
5. You will find the log file in the Logs subdirectory of the HS3 installation.

Send the file to w dot vuyk at upcmail dot nl?

*edit* What light brand and types are these? I notice Bathroom 1 does not seem to have multiplied? Or is that just outside the image?

Thanks,

Wim

Plugins:RFXCOM, HSTouch Server, Squeezebox, BLGData, Restart, Jon00's Perfmon and Network monitor, WeatherXML, BLBackup, TenScripting, BC4, Pushover, PHLocation, JowiHue, Zwave, Sonos
650 devices ---- 336 events ----- 40 scripts

Last edited by w.vuyk; November 9th, 2017 at 09:36 AM. Reason: What light brand and types are these?
Old November 10th, 2017, 11:59 AM
Seer

Just a quick update. I believe all my duplicate devices came from my deCONZ not being set to have specific ports on startup. It is now set to have port 8080 for the webui and port 9090 for the api.

I cleaned up all the devices in HomeSeer. I can now reboot the HomeSeer Windows machine and deCONZ starts automatically on the same ports. Since doing this I do not get duplicate devices created every time.
Old November 10th, 2017, 02:17 PM
Super Seer

Chris,

That is a good find! Glad you got it solved for now. I will check how to prevent this from happening. I know the developer of deCONZ is working on preserving the port between restart of deCONZ. Wll monitor that and also try to find a way to recognise a port change in the plugin.

Thanks,

Wim
Old November 13th, 2017, 03:17 PM
Seer Deluxe

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisH View Post
I have a new ConBee usb stick running version 2.04.86 of deCONZ on my Windows 10 HomeSeer machine.

Whenever I restart the deCONZ software or restart the whole machine I get an extra light device created in HomeSeer.

In the JowiHue plugin, bridge maintenance, deCONZ-GW, the lights are there only once. I am not sure why new light devices keep being created in HomeSeer. Right now the deCONZ lights have four devices each in HomeSeer. The lights also show only once in deCONZ.

I can turn on one of the lights manually and one of the new devices will indicate that. I usually change the status graphics on my lights so I can easily tell the original one. My HomeSeer events stop working for the lights as they target the original device.

thank you!
I was wondering if you are able to control other zigbee devices, in addition to lights, with the Conbee stick?
Old November 13th, 2017, 03:28 PM
Super Seer

cowinger,

Lots is still coming, but I know of plugs - like the ones from Osram, that these are supported. I heard a while ago there are thermostats Zigbee enabled. I am sure the developers behind the conbee are interested to support it. I did not find one myself yet otherwise would be playing with it

Wim
Old November 13th, 2017, 03:34 PM
Seer Deluxe

Quote:
Originally Posted by w.vuyk View Post
cowinger,

Lots is still coming, but I know of plugs - like the ones from Osram, that these are supported. I heard a while ago there are thermostats Zigbee enabled. I am sure the developers behind the conbee are interested to support it. I did not find one myself yet otherwise would be playing with it

Wim
The only one I have ever found is this one. A little expensive though.

https://www.amazon.com/Centralite-Th...rmostats&psc=1
Old November 13th, 2017, 03:40 PM
Super Seer

And not available to ship to the Netherlands
It is compatabla with ZigBee Home Automation 1.2, which makes it a major candidate for the Conbee/raspbee... Thanks for the link, will check if I can get it here somehow

Wim
Old November 13th, 2017, 03:42 PM
Seer Deluxe

Quote:
Originally Posted by w.vuyk View Post
And not available to ship to the Netherlands
It is compatabla with ZigBee Home Automation 1.2, which makes it a major candidate for the Conbee/raspbee... Thanks for the link, will check if I can get it here somehow

Wim
Your welcome, thanks for the help.
Old November 18th, 2017, 08:56 AM
Seer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisH View Post
Just a quick update. I believe all my duplicate devices came from my deCONZ not being set to have specific ports on startup. It is now set to have port 8080 for the webui and port 9090 for the api.

I cleaned up all the devices in HomeSeer. I can now reboot the HomeSeer Windows machine and deCONZ starts automatically on the same ports. Since doing this I do not get duplicate devices created every time.

I also have an issue where it is choosing random ports on start depending on what services are running. Can you provide how you did this? Was it a config file or parameters for the EXE.

I have only found the parameters for the http-port but when i use it it breaks the website and gives this error: "This is not the page you are looking for"
Old November 20th, 2017, 09:30 AM
Super Seer

Airey001,

Checked here with starting wit parameters --http-port=8080 and it worked, could reach the webapp on the same port here. Am trying to copy the issue so I could find a remedy for the duplicate devices, but no luck here yet...

Thanks,

Wim
Old November 20th, 2017, 04:52 PM
Seer

I have already tired using the --http-port=8090 parameter. When i use that to force it to a port 8090 the web gives me this error:

"This is not the page you are looking for" Its an error being served by the deconz application if i shut it off i get the normal 404 page not fund.

Since he stated he changed both web and api ports maybe i was missing something another flag for api maybe? I am also on the 86 beta.

Thanks For the help!
Old November 21st, 2017, 09:56 AM
Seer Deluxe

Hi,

I have been experimenting with this also, having had a similar issue with a new light being created each restart (I had a few days where I needed to restart HS or the PC it was running on).

I have managed to get deCONZ to start using fixed ports (8080 for the HTTP port, 8081 for the Web Service), using the following in windows shortcut target (using deCONZ v2.04.86):-

{path}\deCONZ\bin\deCONZ.exe --http-port=8080 --ws-port=8081

JowiHue then connects no problem to deCONZ on port 8081 and the webapp button in the deCONZ application window still works using port 8080.

A straight restart of deCONZ then does not create a new light.

I think the issues is about the deCONZ port changing while the plugin is running, or between HS restarts but need to do some more experimenting to be sure.

Cheers,

Jon.

Last edited by Jon798; November 21st, 2017 at 11:09 AM.
Old November 21st, 2017, 11:12 AM
Seer Deluxe

Tell me if I am getting this right. In order to control your zigbee devices you must have the conbee program running and the webapp logged in and running.

Is this correct? Otherwise I am not able to control any device.
Old November 21st, 2017, 11:21 AM
Seer Deluxe

No you just need HomeSeer with the JowiHue plugin running and the DeCONZ application running. The webapp just gives you manual control outside of Homeseer/JowiHue and can be closed/opened at will.

You will have needed to pair your deCONZ with JowiHue as per the documentation.
You will have needed to pair your zigbee devices (as long as they're supported by deCONZ and JowiHue) to deCONZ which might be easiest done using the webapp. After that the webapp isn't needed.

Cheers,

Jon.
Old November 21st, 2017, 12:02 PM
Seer Deluxe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon798 View Post
No you just need HomeSeer with the JowiHue plugin running and the DeCONZ application running. The webapp just gives you manual control outside of Homeseer/JowiHue and can be closed/opened at will.

You will have needed to pair your deCONZ with JowiHue as per the documentation.
You will have needed to pair your zigbee devices (as long as they're supported by deCONZ and JowiHue) to deCONZ which might be easiest done using the webapp. After that the webapp isn't needed.

Cheers,

Jon.
Ok, I added deCONZ to startup delayer and added the http and ws port info at the end of the exe as per your previous post. So now deCONZ starts first and HS3 second.

All works well and the computer reboots all the way into HS without any errors but now I have 4 identical devices for the same one as you all have mentioned before.

I can control the device by the last device that was created but the first 3 do nothing.

What is the fix for this? thanks
Old November 21st, 2017, 02:49 PM
Super Seer

Jon,

I am trying hard to copy the issue, but so far I was not able to cause the issue here. I would really love to have a detailed trace on a log file where the plugin creates the extra devices, especially a trace including the start of the plugin with a description what was done with deCONZ just before that.

If you could manage this for me, I would be very happy But make sure to have a backup of your homeseer database, so you do not have to repair everything afterward, but just putting the backup back in?

Have a trace would really help me finding the issue

Thanks,

Wim

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon798 View Post
Hi,

I have been experimenting with this also, having had a similar issue with a new light being created each restart (I had a few days where I needed to restart HS or the PC it was running on).

I have managed to get deCONZ to start using fixed ports (8080 for the HTTP port, 8081 for the Web Service), using the following in windows shortcut target (using deCONZ v2.04.86):-

{path}\deCONZ\bin\deCONZ.exe --http-port=8080 --ws-port=8081

JowiHue then connects no problem to deCONZ on port 8081 and the webapp button in the deCONZ application window still works using port 8080.

A straight restart of deCONZ then does not create a new light.

I think the issues is about the deCONZ port changing while the plugin is running, or between HS restarts but need to do some more experimenting to be sure.

Cheers,

Jon.
Old November 21st, 2017, 05:30 PM
Seer Deluxe

Hi Wim,

I will try and recreate the scenario tomorrow and send you a trace if I can find a bit of spare time.

Cheers,

Jon.
Old November 22nd, 2017, 09:03 AM
Seer Deluxe

Hi,

Just to update - I upgraded to v2.0.1.5 this morning and so far have not been able to recreate the issues with duplicate devices being created.

I've tried:
- Straight restart of the plugin
- Restart of HS3
- Close deCONZ, change WS port and restart deCONZ, leaving plugin running
- Close deCONZ, set WS port back to 8081 and restart, leaving the plugin running

The only thing I have't tried is running deCONZ first, letting it take ownership of port 80 and then trying to run HomeSeer.

The only things I have noticed are:-
1) The plugin will not reconnect to deCONZ if it closed and restarted on a different port - you need to restart the plugin for it to reconnect.
2) The device status image file deCONZ_unreachable.png is missing.

None of which is show-stopping.

Cheers,

Jon.
Old November 22nd, 2017, 09:11 AM
Seer Deluxe

...and I have now just tested:-

Close HS3
Close deCONZ
Run deCONZ and let it take port 80
Start HS3 and wait for it to complain about not being able to use port 80.
Shut down HS3
Shut down deCONZ
Restart deCONZ specifying port 8081 for web service
Restart HS3

Result: No duplicate devices created.

Cheers,

Jon.