HS3 Pushover Plugin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by travisdh View Post
    I think often people are not told enough when something works well, and rather just get told when something is broken or does not work well.

With that in mind, I wanted to send out a big thanks for a great plugin that is working wonders in my system. I must admit I have not had nearly enough time to test the event triggers, but from my perspective the core function of sending messages out to the clients is working perfectly, as is the script triggering which when the house gets marked unoccupied checks all of my doors and windows to see if any are open, and if so it sends a quick pushover message to let me and my wife know if any windows were left open and which ones.

Well done on a great plugin!
    +10 from here. Replaced SMS's and the expense to sending them while improving at the sametime being able to prioritize and send different sounds!!!
    Best,
    Jakob Sand, I automate everything!

Comment

I love the ability to change the priorities and sounds, makes it far easier to convey the urgency of the message just by the tone.
      HS3 PRO, Win10, WeatherXML, HSTouch, Pushover, UltraGCIR, Heaps of Jon00 Plugins, Just sold and about to move so very slim system.

Facebook | Twitter | Flickr | Google+ | Website | YouTube

Comment

Pushover have introduced a new message priority which apparently has some sort of benefit for those using tasker (it has been some time since I used tasker so it is lost on me), details are here http://updates.pushover.net/post/870...new-priority-2

A new version of the plugin is posted to the top of this thread.

Comment

Possible feature request if you have time (HS2/HS3)?

Can you build into the plugin to check a device to code to enable/disable messages being sent?

Something like:
          Do not send if )2 is ON
          or
          Do not send if C2 is OFF

Thank you for the plugin. Simple yet VERY effective.

~Bill

~Bill

Comment

Originally posted by Bill Brower View Post

Can you build into the plugin to check a device to code to enable/disable messages being sent?

Something like:
            Do not send if )2 is ON
            or
            Do not send if C2 is OFF

~Bill
            Thanks for the feedback, I guess I can without too much effort although I am curious as to why, is this some sort of occupancy check as to whether or not to send a message? I've not done a great deal in HS3 but is this something you don't want to use conditions for (could have IF <trigger> AND IF C2 Is Off) or some other application. What are your thoughts on the plugin creating a device to tell it to send a message or not?

Comment

That was it, occupancy. The Push is a part of events that have several things in it. I think I'll just convert those sub-events to one line scripts with the If built in. Cheers

~Bill

Comment

That was it, occupancy. The Push is a part of events that have several things in it. I think I'll just convert those sub-events to one line scripts with the If built in. Cheers
                I can add a device the plugin creates if you think that would do what you are after, kind of a master enabled/disabled device. I had been thinking of adding a device to hold the string of the last sent message also (not sure whether people are happy with this displaying on their web pages however). With the whole what is on/what is off debate I foresee it being problematic to test a device not belonging to the plugin on the basis of not knowing what that device value pairs might be whereas if I did it with a device owned by the plugin then I would stand a greater chance...if that makes sense?

Comment

That would work. That device could always be mirrored to the plugin's master device.

~Bill

Comment

Bill, could you not just use a virtual device status as a condition for the event in HS3 without themed for this ability to be built into the plugin? The HS3 event engine has this capability natively.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
                    Author of Highpeak Plugins | SMS-Gateway Plugin | Blue Iris Plugin | Paradox (Beta) Plugin | Modbus Plugin | Yamaha Plugin

Comment

Originally posted by beerygaz View Post
                      Bill, could you not just use a virtual device status as a condition for the event in HS3 without themed for this ability to be built into the plugin? The HS3 event engine has this capability natively.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
                      I think if I have it right then if I had 20+ events (I've think someone said they have 50 odd events set up to send messages) already set up to send messages it could be a bit painful to go through 20 events manually (which I agree with) and add a condition to evaluate a device before sending the message. I plan on adding a couple of devices to the plugin in the next couple of days when I get some time spare.

Comment

Originally posted by mrhappy View Post
                        I think if I have it right then if I had 20+ events (I've think someone said they have 50 odd events set up to send messages) already set up to send messages it could be a bit painful to go through 20 events manually (which I agree with) and add a condition to evaluate a device before sending the message. I plan on adding a couple of devices to the plugin in the next couple of days when I get some time spare.
                        Kind of.

You would need to group these events. Edit each one so that they only run if group conditions are met. Then add the condition to the group. This way you can change the group condition in the future and not have to change each event. It is a nice system that was added to HS3 that was not part of HS2.

HS3 : HSpro (3.0.0.460) on Win2012 (vm on ESXi)
                        Plugins: HSTouch, UPBSpud, Kinect, Nest, IFTTT, DirecTV, EasyTrigger, Imperihome, Zwave, RFXcom, UltraMon3, UltraWeatherBug3, UltraGCIR3, UltraLog3, UltraPioneer, PHLocation, Pushover, Pushalot, MCSSPrinklers S, JowiHue
                        Jon00 Plugins: Bluetooth Proximity, Performance Monitor, DB Chart, Links

Comment

Something like:
                          Do not send if )2 is ON
                          or
                          Do not send if C2 is OFF

~Bill
                          Bill, I am testing a couple of devices to see if they would fit your request. The attached is just a screenshot but you would then just have an event to set the sending enabled/disabled device on the basis of your 'C2' device or set the device directly. Tell me what you think and I can change things to suit...there is an option for others not wanting the devices to not have them created at all.
                          Last edited by mrhappy; January 20, 2015, 10:14 AM.

Comment

Works GREAT!!!!!
                            got pushover notifications in less than 2 seconds.

what happens if i go over the limit on the application? can i just create a new one?

Comment

Originally posted by ez1976 View Post
                              Works GREAT!!!!!
                              got pushover notifications in less than 2 seconds.

what happens if i go over the limit on the application? can i just create a new one?
                              thanks for the feedback, over quotas is not something I specifically manage, if you are over quota it will just error. The limit is 7500 messages per month per application which is a high limit, roughly a message every 10 minutes. I could handle it and give a specific error (I think) if you think that will help but I'm not sure what else I could do with an over quota error that would be that valuable.

Comment

Use device default sounds?

Is it possible to not specify a sound in an event, so that the device's specified default sound for that priority will be used?

If not possible currently, please consider this as a feature request

Comment

Working...
                                X